British cave diving hero finds love with Thai nurse

Jonathan Fairfield

12 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

No cheap shot. Just a couple of affected guys who have taken offence. Older guys say a lot things about young people here. Never heard young people whine. Let it slide. And I'm sure the embittered Australians aren't amused. 

As an older guy on the forum at 74 I rarely moan or whine but many far younger me do it constantly.

On 7/15/2018 at 12:57 PM, Jingjock said:

Yes been here nearly 8 years, most ladies here in Pattaya are from the villages with little or no education. Their main aim is to score a rich man and aquire from him as much money as possible before there departure. I have been hit on so many times for money, I now just give up, play golf, fish, and enjoy my money. Old men like me, have little but no chance of finding a decent lady to form a relationship for the rest of my life. Im HAPPY with that.

I own a condo in Jomtien, my tenant is a 30+ year woman who works in a bank. Over time I’ve gotten to know her a bit and from what I can tell she’s an awesome person. Speaks excellent English, is driven and as far as I can tell not interested in a sugar daddy. There are Thai women who are honest, hardworking and would make excellent partners... alas they aren’t found in bars or tourist areas. 

Glad you are content with your current life situation... but if you ever feel the need to find partnership, it’s out there! Just make sure to update the search parameters. ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Write a story book. I would like to read really 

Thanks <laughs>  I'd probably need a work permit lest risk being deported and separated from my Thai family.  :smile:

• Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:10 PM, lamyai3 said:

Depends on her visa status in Australia, but I'd like to think she would be given very preferential treatment in the event of wanting to settle with him in the UK. The average run of the mill visa rejection doesn't make the news, but this one certainly would. 

UK Visas and Immigration  doesn't work like that; they treat all applicants the same regardless of their fame or lack of it. Which, in my humble opinion, is as it should be.

All applicants have to meet the requirements of the visa they have applied for and if they don't, or fail to show that they do, then they will be refused.

If they do decide to marry and live together in the UK then she will have to meet the requirements for settlement as his spouse: see Family visas: apply, extend or switch.

She could, given her profession, come to the UK as a nurse and then switch to the above inside the UK; but first she would have to find an approved employer to sponsor her; see Tier 2 (General) visa.

Just goes to show there were many unsung heroes. Amp will probably never be recognized by the masses but she, and many others, did her part to contribute to this rescue. Without the total effort of all of these people there is a good chance the rescue would have been delayed with tragic results. 

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:44 PM, DavisH said:

I'm not sure about visa status, but in terms of the qualifications to be a nurse. If she is qualified to be a nurse in Australia, she shouldn't have many obstacles getting similar work there. 

To work as a nurse in the UK, only her Thai qualifications count towards registration in the UK, assuming she didn't train in Australia. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Talking to some Thai nurses here in UTAH USA. Young man and a Woman.. they proclaim themselves to be doctors favorites because they seem to be trained to do more in depth procedures than locally trained nurses??    I think the Young man did take some college courses here while he worked on his English... I don't know what visa they were on. 
  • I do have to say I can harvest big game animals and bring home the meat but i could never be a nurse...

On 7/16/2018 at 9:30 AM, skippy121 said:

she should be able to get a working visa to the UK if she is a nurse,

if not Vern could always try to sneek her in to the country, if only he had a friend with a submarine ...

Your reading comprehension seems limited. The subject of this article is Rick Stanton and his lady friend Amp.

image.jpeg.8a30b670bb084cad8f15091720f15213.jpeg              à¸�ลà¸�ารà¸�à¹�à¸�หารูà¸�ภาà¸�สำหรัà¸� rick stanton cave diver

Vern Unsworth                                                                             Rick Stanton

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

Your reading comprehension seems limited. The subject of this article is Rick Stanton and his lady friend Amp.

image.jpeg.8a30b670bb084cad8f15091720f15213.jpeg              à¸�ลà¸�ารà¸�à¹�à¸�หารูà¸�ภาà¸�สำหรัà¸� rick stanton cave diver

Vern Unsworth                                                                             Rick Stanton

They seems to have a common parent or they use the same hairdresser - 1 of 2...:whistling: