Very disappointing visit to Pattaya.

thaibeachlovers

11 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I was there in January and February this year and didn't really enjoy it as much as before, on my next trip I think I'll spend more time in the Big Mango or somewhere quiet where you can relax and meditate ... like a cave in Chiang Rai. 

Not too funny

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, shackleton said:

All part of the Thai Tourism Board upgrading for Advertising Pattaya as a Family Resort

Shopping Malls  better up market hotels Restaurants ect 

as already mentioned   the bar scene was great in the 80s and 90s  now to expensive hence the closing of many 

The  influx of Chinese  tourists not interested in bars get them in the Malls and restaurants spending their money  

To What malls are you referring? Never see Chinese in malls in Pattaya. 

• Like 1

I saw a few DDG girls in Pattaya at the bars around Buakhao, soi 6 and massage place on soi honey. I saw the opposite of DDG at a famous large massage place near Buakhao that apparently has Chinese and Indian tour buses as their main customers.  

In BKK the DDG have all gone online and the bars in BKK have lost their DDG girls. I prefer to see a girl in a bar and talk first rather than viewing photos online and then video chatting and hoping with all the apps that she really is a DDG. So yes the world is changing. If someone can open a bar in BKK with DDG girls that like to have fun, don’t smoke, don’t get drunk every night and don’t make more money from drinks and tips than ST then please let us all know. But I think that world has been lost to TF and Tinder.  ?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, soistalker said:

Do you give them a shout first to clear the way?

No! They are so ignorant they deserve to get knocked out of the way.

They don't seem to realise there are other people in Pattaya as well as them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soistalker said:

Hundreds of thousands of Chinese coming at you, all following that little flag someone is carrying, oblivious to anyone trying to walk by, each one exactly the same as the next. It's the same thing you would have seen in the Korean war, with the heathens coming down the hill in masses.  They won't move out of the way. They make people go into the street around them on beach road because they block the promenade by the thousands.

If they had been English, Aussies, or Germans, you wouldn't care?

• Like 1

I just completed a 1300 kilometer motorcycle trip in Thailand. Ubon. Yasothon. Roi Et. Buriram. Surin.  Had a great time. Much better than Pattaya. Nudge Nudge Wink Wink Say No More.

One thing I have learned is never have an expectation of repeating a prior experience in Thailand.

I understand some people must access the internet but, if you are worried about Wifi you may need to rethink your priorities while on "vacation." Plenty of temporary high speed data packages available for your phone.

If you are looking to hook up do it on line. We Chat would be a good place to start.

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

I saw a few DDG girls in Pattaya at the bars around Buakhao, soi 6 and massage place on soi honey. I saw the opposite of DDG at a famous large massage place near Buakhao that apparently has Chinese and Indian tour buses as their main customers.  

In BKK the DDG have all gone online and the bars in BKK have lost their DDG girls. I prefer to see a girl in a bar and talk first rather than viewing photos online and then video chatting and hoping with all the apps that she really is a DDG. So yes the world is changing. If someone can open a bar in BKK with DDG girls that like to have fun, don’t smoke, don’t get drunk every night and don’t make more money from drinks and tips than ST then please let us all know. But I think that world has been lost to TF and Tinder.  ?

It being Pattaya, I believe they are more likely to use Grinder. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Alas the law of nature is that the nicer a place is, the sooner it will be brought down. It was fantastic 37 years ago, and I,m sure even better before that.

Yeah, it was pretty quiet when I first saw it in early '67

• Haha 1

Could you please elaborate on what a "DDG" girl is?

I've never heard the expression and only visited Pattaya once on my way to Koh Chang. Stayed overnight and that was enough for me.

The term was used twice in the above post.....

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

I just completed a 1300 kilometer motorcycle trip in Thailand. Ubon. Yasothon. Roi Et. Buriram. Surin.  Had a great time. Much better than Pattaya. Nudge Nudge Wink Wink Say No More.

One thing I have learned is never have an expectation of repeating a prior experience in Thailand.

I understand some people must access the internet but, if you are worried about Wifi you may need to rethink your priorities while on "vacation." Plenty of temporary high speed data packages available for your phone.

If you are looking to hook up do it on line. We Chat would be a good place to start.

Yup.  The world is changing faster than ever. I'm pushing my 6th decade and think the meat up apps are phenomenal.  

The bars are a Veitnam War relic,  and while they were once a wonderland,  they were quickly over exploited,  even as the rules of what was allowed by consenting adults faced the proverbial  crackdown. 

Now they shut at midnight,  or get raided,  and you're forced to piss for the nice men in brown. 

I would not shed a tear if the whole sorry Beerbar culture died out.

I see freelancing becoming widespread as the girls wise up to how Grab has let anyone be their own boss while shafting the pimp style cartel system. 

Viva the digital revolution!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

If they had been English, Aussies, or Germans, you wouldn't care?

If they had been anything but a flag-led Chinese tour group, the just might have shown a littler more courtesy which one would then reciprocate!

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

"Why would any body bother with LOS Now?

Maybe because not everybody is looking for hookers?

And unless they are clueless former closed border nations,  they go to Pattaya for the beach,  and Temples? The OP posted as a 'bar hopper',  so this is the context in which the thread discusses Pattaya. 

• Thanks 1