Stent surgery Pattaya

kellio

I had a balloon inserted in my upper left leg to open the main artery  in January 2018 in Australia but the symptoms I know only too well have returned which indicates the artery has closed again.
It's obvious that a balloon isn't going to work so I think a metal stent may be in order but I'm unable to find any information on whether any of the hospitals in or around Pattaya have the facilities to be able to carry out the operation with the exception of the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya who's reputation for extraordinarily high prices puts them beyond my budget and I'm now living permanently in Pattaya.
I know Banglamung hospital can't do it because I spent 7 hours there on Friday finding out so don't want to go through all that again to learn the same from other local hospitals.
Any help would be greatly appreciated..

This procedure called Angioplasty, i had 2 done in Melbourne and than a third one with a stent also in melbourne, i for one will not put my life at the hands of local doctors if i had the chance to it in OZ, and with medicare benefits you'll find it a whole lot cheaper and safer to have this procedure done in Oz...

31 minutes ago, ezzra said:

i for one will not put my life at the hands of local doctors if i had the chance to it in OZ, and with medicare benefits you'll find it a whole lot cheaper and safer to have this procedure done in Oz...

Absolute nonsense, many doctors here are as good as you will find anywhere.

A long standing member on here has had stents done here and he is happy with it.

So please stop scare mongering.

See Dr. Manoon  Heart Department for a talk and  assessment in BPH. Has always been very fair and competent with several friends in need.  Or contact Gavin Waddell at Phyathai Hospital Sriracha. He will give you fast and good advise. gavin@phyathai. Don't listen to the private hospital bashers. Do your own homework. Good luck. MS>

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/doctor-profile?v_id=106&c=1&depid=14

http://www.phyathai-sriracha.com/pytsweb/

The most affordable option of top quality involves going into Bangkok.

See this excellent, US trained doctor at Chulalongkorn University Hospital through their after hours clinic, or at Bangkok Christian Hospital:

Prof. Taworn Suithichaiyakul

https://cop.car.chula.ac.th/taworn.su/?sec=info

https://www.bch.in.th/

(website now only in Thai - have to call to find out his hours which I think are just once a week on Saturday mornings. When you call give both first & last name as there are two cardiologiosts with similar first name there).

If you see him at BCH you can be admitted there but brought to Chula cath lab for the actual procedure, or at least that used to be the process. Don't know if BCH has since developed their own cath lab.

Seeing him at Chula is difficult in that you can't make appointment except in person and there may be a wait list.

You can also see him at Sukhumvit Hospital which is located convenient to Ekamai bus terminal, this hospital has its own cath lab and doing it there will cost more than at Chula but less than BPH

http://www.sukumvithospital.com/en_doctorprofile.php?id=32

Be aware that normal procedure here is done via wrist (if possible) and only involves an overnight ICU stay to monitor and remove pressure bandage (over many hours).  Should feel fine.  I had 2 plain stents (medicated will cost more and require medication over a long period and not proven that much better in my reading) done about 4 years ago at Vejthani Hospital at cost of 365k.  The stents are a major cost factor so even public hospital cost will be a bit.

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Be aware that normal procedure here is done via wrist (if possible) and only involves an overnight ICU stay to monitor and remove pressure bandage (over many hours).  Should feel fine.  I had 2 plain stents (medicated will cost more and require medication over a long period and not proven that much better in my reading) done about 4 years ago at Vejthani Hospital at cost of 365k.  The stents are a major cost factor so even public hospital cost will be a bit.

Public hospital about 180K for 1 stent (inclusive of angiogram etc)

Angioplasty Seeing as you are asking for help,my suggestion,India, Calcutta ,as its nearer. generally prices advertised come in around 50,000 baht,dearer or cheaper? Do a search on google,or facebook for doctors /hospitals,The Ruby,or Desun are popular,but the higher end are not much dearer.  AS for Gavin's hospital,was a procedure there he quoted,cyst removal,I think 42 000 baht and and analys the cyst contents, exactly the same procedure over there,147 baht    Medifee/angioplasty

36 minutes ago, altcarrbob said:

Angioplasty Seeing as you are asking for help,my suggestion,India, Calcutta ,as its nearer. generally prices advertised come in around 50,000 baht,dearer or cheaper? Do a search on google,or facebook for doctors /hospitals,The Ruby,or Desun are popular,but the higher end are not much dearer.  AS for Gavin's hospital,was a procedure there he quoted,cyst removal,I think 42 000 baht and and analys the cyst contents, exactly the same procedure over there,147 baht    Medifee/angioplasty

Half the prices above for angioplasty,Rps are half of baht

• 2 weeks later...

Phyathai Hospital Sriracha . Over the last year I have 3 mates that have had the procedure carried out here. All very pleased with the results & care afforded. Gavin was the go to guy for the original setting up of the appointments. Much better option that BPH in their opinion.

On 7/15/2018 at 9:25 PM, colinneil said:

Absolute nonsense, many doctors here are as good as you will find anywhere.

A long standing member on here has had stents done here and he is happy with it.

So please stop scare mongering.

Nope, Thai doctors level of education and training is no way near what is required in the West.

But as noted you will have some who attended US seminars and then advertise as Western trained.

Route learning applies to procedure like placing stents and you'll find some who have done enough 

to be good at it.

Nope, Thai doctors level of education and training is no way near what is required in the West.

But as noted you will have some who attended US seminars and then advertise as Western trained.

Route learning applies to procedure like placing stents and you'll find some who have done enough 

to be good at it.

There are some who actually trained in the West. Not seminars but 2-3 year residencies or fellowships. Which, in the US at least, means having been licensed as a doctor in that country.

Quite a few, in fact. But largely concentrated in Bangkok.

I've not seen anyone described as westetn trained on the basis of just a seminar or other short course.

It is quite common for Thai doctors who specialize to seek to do a residency or fellowhip in a western country. Admission is quite competitive for foreign doctors, they have to be very fluent in Englush and quite knowledgable in their field to get in.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived