Thai cave rescue: Australian divers given diplomatic immunity in case risky mission went wrong

webfact

On 7/16/2018 at 6:29 PM, happy chappie said:

Two weeks ago on flight from bkk to udon.captain asked if anyone on board have medical knowledge as there was some sort of problem at the back.i didn't even look around as instinct would take over and I would of got involved.didnt find out what was wrong but they carted a young girl off the plane as soon as we landed.im retired and that includes any first aid.

We obviously went to different schools together.

I could never, ever turn my back on somebody in need if I had the skills to help them. And all this based on a myth that you would have no protection if you assisted and something went wrong.

It is actually law (in Thailand) under the criminal code, section 5, if you have training in first aid that enables you to save lives, you are by law required to help. This does not define Thai or foreigner.

https://www.firstaidtrainingbangkok.com/about/good-samaritan-laws.html

Edited by chrisinth

17 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

We obviously went to different schools together.

I could never, ever turn my back on somebody in need if I had the skills to help them. And all this based on a myth that you would have no protection if you assisted and something went wrong.

It is actually law (in Thailand) under the criminal code, section 5, if you have training in first aid that enables you to save lives, you are by law required to help. This does not define Thai or foreigner.

https://www.firstaidtrainingbangkok.com/about/good-samaritan-laws.html

When I'm given diplomatic immunity I'll be able to help in an emergency,until then I'll stick with plan A.thanks