UK's new Brexit envoy optimistic, as EU warns of Brexit crash

webfact

I was answering a post.
Don't know how many times it has to be said to the likes of all people here who wanted to remain, get over it the UK is leaving. 
Get over it what arrogant concept that it ant a football match.

It' future generations lives

Do you have children or grandchildren because if you do it looks like I care more about there future then you?

Get over it no way

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

Oh, now I see. No matter how wrongheaded an answer is, as long as it's a reply to someone else, it's exempt from the rules of reason and evidence.

Your a remainer from Bristol that's OK I understand ?

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I was answering a post.

Don't know how many times it has to be said to the likes of all people here who wanted to remain, get over it the UK is leaving. 

An arbitrary statement, even the government does not know what they are leaving.

Is it better to have left and rejoined or to have never left at all.

Whatever the end result looks like, the UK will be party to many EU institutions.

Project Fear or Project Reality?

It came after health secretary Matt Hancock admitted he had already met with industry leaders to discuss building up NHS reserves of vaccinations, medical devices, clinical consumables and blood products if Britain crashes out of the EU without a deal.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-eu-food-medicine-theresa-may-blood-final-say-a8463836.html

2 hours ago, juice777 said:

It' future generations lives

Do you have children or grandchildren because if you do it looks like I care more about there future then you?

Get over it no way

Yes that why they should live in a country that rules itself.

Yeah well the 7 grandchildren will have a better future and 4  of my children wanted out 1 didn't, the other 2 are Thai and don't want Thailand in Asian group thingy.

Well try to except the result then, you should get over it for the sake of health.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

An arbitrary statement, even the government does not know what they are leaving.

Is it better to have left and rejoined or to have never left at all.

Whatever the end result looks like, the UK will be party to many EU institutions.

Not arbitrary really just a sad lot of UK politicians who don't know how go about doing their job or anything about being bullied. 

10 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Challenge not struggles.

The UK & its overseas SN has plenty of allies, I also see that Junker* is prepared to compromise when the EU self interests are affected.

Brussels hypocrisy at its highest, Trump challenges & the EU buckles as it knows it will hurt them more.

*Note, Merkel, Barnier & Tusk are rather mute over these developments, surprise surprise.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

And how exactly did the EU buckle? Did it rescind the tariffs it imposed on certain American goods? Or did Trump back down from imposing further tariffs? Fantasizing much?

And how exactly did the EU buckle? Did it rescind the tariffs it imposed on certain American goods? Or did Trump back down from imposing further tariffs? Fantasizing much?
Warnings of reciprocal tariffs on US goods.

Not clear and tangible enough for you?

32 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

But we did not join the EU.

We joined the Common Market.

The Common Market morphed by Treaty after Treaty into the EU.

The UK population did not have any votes on these Treaties and the other Countries that did, some voted against and were made to vote again until the correct vote for the EU was achieved.

Yes, I am aware of all that and I have reminded people of this several times on TV over the last 2 years or so.

"Common Market" was a deceptive term that achieved its goal, temporarily, by inferring that the EEC was purely an economic arrangement, to avoid British public outcry. But by signing up to the Treaty of Rome in 1973, the UK was immediately inside this political and economic project. The term "Common Market" was still used as a descriptor for the EEC in the 1975 UK confirmation referendum; too few people in the UK had realised the truth of it by then. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Warnings of reciprocal tariffs on US goods.

Not clear and tangible enough for you?

Are you sure you understand the history here? The US imposed tariffs on the EU. The EU responded by imposing tariffs on the US. Trump threatened to impose a further round of tariffs. Now he's backed down. Instead they'll be having various negotiations. How exactly did the EU buckle?

• Like 1

Are you sure you understand the history here? The US imposed tariffs on the EU. The EU responded by imposing tariffs on the US. Trump threatened to impose a further round of tariffs. Now he's backed down. Instead they'll be having various negotiations. How exactly did the EU buckle?
In short, I fully understand.

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Not arbitrary really just a sad lot of UK politicians who don't know how go about doing their job or anything about being bullied. 

Not really (IMO).

Just a lot of uk politicians that are looking for money - and that comes from big business, nearly all of whom support the eu.....

35 minutes ago, citybiker said:

There won’t be a deal with Trump. There will never be any deal with Trump. A deal requires two parties entering into a binding agreement with both parties respecting the agreement and fulfilling their obligations. With Trump, all you can get a lie today, and then seeing what he’s lieing tomorrow. 

32 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Not really (IMO).

Just a lot of uk politicians that are looking for money - and that comes from big business, nearly all of whom support the eu.....

And because they support the EU, that's a bad thing. Therefore when the UK goes looking to get businesses to come to the UK, it won't be expecting much in the way of big businesses. And that's a good thing.

Edited by bristolboy

52 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yes, I am aware of all that and I have reminded people of this several times on TV over the last 2 years or so.

"Common Market" was a deceptive term that achieved its goal, temporarily, by inferring that the EEC was purely an economic arrangement, to avoid British public outcry. But by signing up to the Treaty of Rome in 1973, the UK was immediately inside this political and economic project. The term "Common Market" was still used as a descriptor for the EEC in the 1975 UK confirmation referendum; too few people in the UK had realised the truth of it by then. 

I think 'the rot' started when ordinary people became aware of the 'food mountains/lakes' within the eu - consequent upon their determination to keep prices high for the consumers, to protect farmers/wine producers and the like?

For some reason only a small percentage of the populace took exception to this, even though (at least in the uk) it resulted in big business taking over small farmers!  The french were far more sensible, and stopped this from happening.

I've no idea why eu voters didn't get seriously annoyed in the first place when 'their' govt. decided to move the entire bureaucracy from one country to another every month (at tremendous cost to the taxpayer....) from Brussels to Strasbourg!

It took the eec morphing into the eu to seriously annoy the brit. citizens.....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, citybiker said:

There won’t be a deal with Trump. There will never be any deal with Trump. A deal requires two parties entering into a binding agreement with both parties respecting the agreement and fulfilling their obligations. With Trump, all you can get a lie today, and then seeing what he’s lieing tomorrow. 

• Like 2