UK's new Brexit envoy optimistic, as EU warns of Brexit crash

webfact

15 hours ago, The Renegade said:

The mess that the UK now finds itself struggling through is a direct result of Remainers, whether they be Tory, Labour, right wing, left wing or non descript. Who refuse to accept:

A Referendum result.

That MP's voted by a margin of 4 - 1 to invoke article 50.

You would have the same mess if all those people you blame would be just sitting back doing nothing. The reason for this mess is that they accepted a referendum by invoking article 50. You would not have this mess if they didn’t invoke article 50 and just gave a damn about the referendum (or didn’t hold the referendum in the first place). Please stick to the fact. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Tell me what stuff can you grow that will be ready for harvest in March and April (presuming you have access to land).

As a life long vegetable gardener I’d be interested to hear.

No need, Thailand has warehouses full of rice, the British government could buy it and ship it to the UK, 'just in case'.

Forging new links between Thailand and Britain.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, vogie said:

Bean sprouts and the good news, you don't need land, kerching.

And just who is going to grow the beans for you to sprout ?

( Actually they don't grow well in the UK - their  rhizobia bacteria isn't present in UK soils) 

On 7/20/2018 at 9:25 AM, BritManToo said:

Brexit crash,

Do they mean the UK falling apart or the EU falling apart?

Can't see the EU agreeing to any deal, as it would mean the end of the EU, once the UK exits, more will go.

No point wasting time making trade deals with an organization that will be gone in 2-5 years.

I think the same why is th UK even concerned about trade deals with the EU. It will be history or toothless in the near future.

Why bother to deal with them just leave and watch them tear each other apart till it is done and many have left it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

I think the same why is th UK even concerned about trade deals with the EU. It will be history or toothless in the near future.

Why bother to deal with them just leave and watch them tear each other apart till it is done and many have left it.

Brexiteers have been predicting the demise of the EU for years now. The reality on the ground doesn't seem to reflect that, no matter how much you wish it to be true.

IMG_20180511_142559.jpg.2b43f7e3e5ab27a010387f4334263b24.jpg

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

In the near future?? Is that before or after the UK loses Scotland and Northern Ireland?? ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, citybiker said:

There's more chance of NI being sacrificed via Brexit than Scotland being separated.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

How do you see that happening? The demand for reunification doesn't seem to be there as far as I can see, and I am not sure that messy would even come close to describing what might happen if the UK withdrew from NI.

It would be interesting, however, to know what price our Brexit supporting friends here think is too high to pay for Brexit.

1 hour ago, tebee said:

( Actually they don't grow well in the UK - their  rhizobia bacteria isn't present in UK soils

Why do you post so much garbage ?

Is that why a UK Company grows 150 tonnes a week in the UK ?

http://kanesfoods.co.uk/product/beans-sprouts/

How do you see that happening? The demand for reunification doesn't seem to be there as far as I can see, and I am not sure that messy would even come close to describing what might happen if the UK withdrew from NI.

It would be interesting, however, to know what price our Brexit supporting friends here think is too high to pay for Brexit.
To be fair I sincerely hope it doesn't happen, however with PMTM nothing would surprise me.

Rather intrigued, Barnier/Raab re-emphasised what's known that 80% has been agreed yet he rejects another UK proposal connected via the white paper.

Quite frankly, the Chequers paper is a crock of shiote & May is too arrogant or ignorant to listen until the 1922 committee step in.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Why do you post so much garbage ?

Is that why a UK Company grows 150 tonnes a week in the UK ?

As Tebee clearly pointed out, to make bean sprouts first you need the beans.

Unless of course Brexit doesn't mean just Brexit but also magic beans.

Remedial reading, anyone?

• Haha 1

On 7/21/2018 at 10:06 AM, BritManToo said:

I'm not sure what blame I deserve, I didn't vote.

But I would vote in a second vote, and that vote would be to leave.

I also have a leaving plan, we stop paying the EU money, end of.

No need for any trade deal with the EU, plenty of other countries to trade with.

No brain today? 

8 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I hope that they are not the only ones growing it because that works out at about 2g per person per week. 

Who's for a bit of Kaiser Chiefs - I predict a riot...

English comprehension problem front and centre again.

Let me remind you what the poster said

1 hour ago, tebee said:

( Actually they don't grow well in the UK - their  rhizobia bacteria isn't present in UK soils) 

One Company that produces 150 tonnes a week, in the UK

Another one that produces 250 tonnes a week, in the UK

http://www.jpao.co.uk/about-us/

400 tonnes produced weekly in the UK. I think that probably covers most, if not all, the UK's weekly bean sprout needs.

Making a complete mockery of both of you.

What else can one expect from complete neg - heads.??

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

English comprehension problem front and centre again.

Let me remind you what the poster said

One Company that produces 150 tonnes a week, in the UK

Another one that produces 250 tonnes a week, in the UK

http://www.jpao.co.uk/about-us/

400 tonnes produced weekly in the UK. I think that probably covers most, if not all, the UK's weekly bean sprout needs.

Making a complete mockery of both of you.

What else can one expect from complete neg - heads.??

You seem completely impervious to understanding the difference between beans and bean sprouts. Let's make it simple for you. To make bean sprouts, first you need the beans. The beans don't thrive in British soil so they come from elsewhere. They are then imported into the UK. In the UK these beans are sprouted. And that's how you get bean sprouts.

EDIT: I just found this website for children that might be helpful in giving you some idea of what bean sprouts are and how they are made:

Growing Beans in a Bag | Spring Science for Kids

https://www.sciencekiddo.com/bean-seed-in-a-bag/

Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

They are then imported into the UK. In the UK these beans are sprouted. And that's how you get bean sprouts.

"The mung bean is mainly cultivated in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, China, Korea, South Asia and Southeast Asia."

The beans aren't grown in the EU, so there shouldn't be a problem getting them.

(Another scare was no bread, I had to point out bread flour comes from UK, USA and Canada)

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

"The mung bean is mainly cultivated in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, China, Korea, South Asia and Southeast Asia."

The beans aren't grown in the EU, so there shouldn't be a problem getting them.

(Another scare was no bread, I had to point out bread flour comes from UK, USA and Canada)

Now that's a good reason not to worry about the bean sprout supply.

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nothing, which begs the question why British farmers can’t find British land workers to pick them.

The answer: Romanians work for less than minimum wage, in a form of slavery in the UK.

Farmers don't want to pay British land workers.

It's a vicious cycle of welfare for Brits, illegal foreign workers who are exploited and greed.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Brexiteers have been predicting the demise of the EU for years now. The reality on the ground doesn't seem to reflect that, no matter how much you wish it to be true.

IMG_20180511_142559.jpg.2b43f7e3e5ab27a010387f4334263b24.jpg

Oh the irony of it.....

It’s hard now to recall, but until quite recently many people thought Brexit would start a stampede out of the EU, after the British vote, Europhobe politicians Marine Le Pen and Geert Wilders schemed to duplicate the result in France and the Netherlands. In October 2016, Britain’s Daily Express newspaper chirruped: “Europe is in trouble as across the continent countries are gearing up to hold their own referendums on membership of the superstate.”

But since then, the risk has all but vanished, that’s largely because we now know one thing about Brexit: it will be a failure, in the sense that it will make Britons’ lives worse, Brexit has saved the EU.

https://www.ft.com/content/6d375b7e-8f99-11e8-b639-7680cedcc421 via @financialtimes

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tebee said:

But since then, the risk has all but vanished,

So a fantasy map (in the same way nobody will vote for Brexit) and the opinions of those profiting from remaining is all that counts as information these days?

Project fear is alive and well.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tebee said:

Just for the record it was tebee who turned bean sprouts into beans for you to sprout. My jam jar has always given me good service over the years in propagating 'bean sprouts,' and as for harvesting I generally find a decent pair of scissors will suffice.

Edited by vogie