UK's new Brexit envoy optimistic, as EU warns of Brexit crash

webfact

20 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Guardian 3/4, great. I read the first two and stopped. Nothing of any substance as usual. Thanks.

A late cocktail I think. 

I thought you would have had enough cock tales on here. ???

• Like 1

13 hours ago, juice777 said:

I just heard on the Radio that it is highly possible that if there is no Deal it will be illegal to pay pensions to UK expats.

One of the problems with abbreviated headlines.

It is to do with insurance regulations and would only affect insurance based pensions, The UK would need to make new arrangements with each of the 27 member states and until that happened it would all be up in the air.

Not only pensions, insurance cover and claims would also be at risk.

Those that want to claim that making people aware of the potential problems of the no deal scenario as 'scaremongering' are obviously convinced there will be a deal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

The UK would need to make new arrangements with each of the 27 member states and until that happened it would all be up in the air.

Not only pensions, insurance cover and claims would also be at risk.

British pensions and insurance should all be sourced within the UK.

No reasons to invest outside, apart from the greed of bankers.

'Project fear' just goes on and on, and I guess all the Brexiteers are as tired of it as I am.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, juice777 said:

I just heard on the Radio that it is highly possible that if there is no Deal it will be illegal to pay pensions to UK expats.

???

Did that come from the same nugget that according to our feathered friend, allegedly said on the radio that the Chequers White Bog Roll was translated into other languages using Google Translate ?

???

How easily some people are taken in by shoite, but then go on to claim that they know what is best for the UK. ??

15 hours ago, juice777 said:

If it wasn't so scary it would be funny

You nailed that one. Just not in the way that you imagine ??

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

British pensions and insurance should all be sourced within the UK.

No reasons to invest outside, apart from the greed of bankers.

'Project fear' just goes on and on, and I guess all the Brexiteers are as tired of it as I am.

Spreading investments around the world is ‘greed of bankers’?

A bit of a revelation to those of us who do just that but have never worked for a bank.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bet a pound to a penny Dominic Raab is no longer feeling so 'optimistic' now that the he has effectively been sidelined by the PM.   Seems a quiet Whitehall 'coup'  took place and Mr Raab only learnt of this change by a telephone call whilst giving evidence to a select committee meeting.  I hope and trust that if this is still the case, the opposition to her ideas will be 'blown out of the water and voted down and she is replaced.   A disgusting way to treat your supposed colleagues and if allowed to remain, the tories will be punished severely by the electorate, and that is not just my thinking but that of most commentators and evidence from a recent YOUGOV poll.

11 minutes ago, JackScarlett said:

I bet a pound to a penny Dominic Raab is no longer feeling so 'optimistic' now that the he has effectively been sidelined by the PM.   Seems a quiet Whitehall 'coup'  took place and Mr Raab only learnt of this change by a telephone call whilst giving evidence to a select committee meeting.  I hope and trust that if this is still the case, the opposition to her ideas will be 'blown out of the water and voted down and she is replaced.   A disgusting way to treat your supposed colleagues and if allowed to remain, the tories will be punished severely by the electorate, and that is not just my thinking but that of most commentators and evidence from a recent YOUGOV poll.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/24/it-dawns-on-raab-hes-now-below-the-four-pot-plants-in-the-food-chain

So you seriously don't think we are heading to A economical disaster of our own doing

We will see in a year or so I wonder who you lot will blame then when the chickens come home to roost.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The meaning of treason

the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government

Now we are stockpiling food medicine and blood in peacetime

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/07/24/stockpiles-food-medicine-blood-will-built-no-deal-brexit-becomes/

If They continue with this Madness it's Treason

I said it 2 years ago and it looks I was right

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"More than £22 billion worth of processed food and drinks are imported in to the UK every year – 97 per cent of it from the EU"

No doubt the retailers will use it as a excuse to put their prices up like the Gas fuel companies before.That and when the pound Tanks how much will the price of food go up forcing families to go without and turn of there heating.As the people who funded the leave campaign made billions by shorting the pound.

11 hours ago, The Renegade said:

???

Did that come from the same nugget that according to our feathered friend, allegedly said on the radio that the Chequers White Bog Roll was translated into other languages using Google Translate ?

???

How easily some people are taken in by shoite, but then go on to claim that they know what is best for the UK. ??

You nailed that one. Just not in the way that you imagine ??

You still doubt my word. I will get a Radio 4 clip for you just so that I can hear you apologise. ???

Amazing when people are talking about families going hungry and people like you still choose to trivialise it and throw the word Remoaners in at every possible time.

Like we are just going to shut up and watch the Destruction of our country in silence.

Presumably Remaoners like Soros have their arse falling out of their trousers ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Amazing when people are talking about families going hungry and people like you still choose to trivialise it and throw the word Remoaners in at every possible time.

Like we are just going to shut up and watch the Destruction of our country in silence.

But you seem quite happy to watch the destruction of democracy.

• Like 2

On 7/20/2018 at 1:03 PM, whatsupdoc said:

If the UK wants the ‘Norway’ option it is available, but with the attached conditions. Norway pays for it and so should the UK.
I think Barnier would be very happy to negotiate that option.

And yes, I do think the UK had a marvelous position within the EU and it really isn’t clear to me why they would want to leave... But that is what they voted for.

Juncker? Well, I prefer not to talk about him.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What you mean Norway option is available?

Such a solution is not for Barnier to negotiate and not for EU to decide, at this stage.

It would require that UK become a party to EFTA as a start.

Following that UK may enter EEA subject to approval by all current EEA states.

(not at all sure that UK even would be welcome in EFTA)

• Like 1

I honestly believe that a lot of people have changed there mind. Also its a fact that the leave campaigners cheated hence the fine. Not to mention old Nigel boy said is it's 48-52 its unfinished business.16 to 18 years old was not allowed to vote and they have more to lose than then the rest of us.

Its a poor version of democracy so why not have another vote to prove that is what the people want

If now more people don't want it how is that democracy?

Edit and I forgot is it not proven that The Russians interfered in it.

And this

http://theconservative.online/article/facebook_data_harvesting_and_brexit

But you seem quite happy to watch the destruction of democracy. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, juice777 said:

People have been using food banks for many years. 

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

People have been using food banks for many years. 

Really? I thought food bank was a word that was just very recently coined.

Or maybe it's irrelevant that people have been using food banks for many years. What is relevant is how many people have been using food banks and whether or not the number is decreasing, stable, or increasing. 

So now that we've gotten that difficult concept established, let's look at the evidence.

Food bank use in UK reaches highest rate on record as benefits fail to cover basic costs

Figures show 1,332,952 three-day emergency food supplies delivered to people in crisis in past year – a 13 per cent increase on last year, compared with rise of 6 per cent year before

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/food-bank-uk-benefits-trussell-trust-cost-of-living-highest-rate-a8317001.html

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

now that we've gotten that difficult concept established, let's look at the evidence.

I was answering a post.

Don't know how many times it has to be said to the likes of all people here who wanted to remain, get over it the UK is leaving. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I was answering a post.

Don't know how many times it has to be said to the likes of all people here who wanted to remain, get over it the UK is leaving. 

Oh, now I see. No matter how wrongheaded an answer is, as long as it's a reply to someone else, it's exempt from the rules of reason and evidence.

• Haha 1