"Here's the car back - thanks very much!" - no good Thai husband makes ironic statement

webfact

14 minutes ago, biplanebluey said:

Talking about the sharpest tool——- read the beginning again!!!

So its not common practice for banks to have as many guarantors as possible written into every finance agreement and there  is no mention he was not talking of tools. 

12 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

One would assume that the car had full comprehensive (1st class insurance) as that would be a requirement of the hire purchase company sighting this document annually as their insurance against the car being ridden off or stolen, if it is in fact is a requirement here in Thailand, she should make a claim, the insurance company can then chase the husband.

If the hire purchase company didn't do their job correctly by checking to make sure that the vehicle was insured for damage/theft, if a requirement here in Thialand, well I would say that they had a duty of care which wasn't followed and could be part of the blame here, i.e. if they requested a copy of the insurance annually or chased it up, pushed for it, then she wouldn't be in this predicament, not passing the buck, just stating that they might have had a duty of care in this instance.

Once the insurance company fixes the car, she can surrender it to the hire purchase company and pay the balance in instalments after it has been sold.

Jail time for hubby via the insurance company and x wife for damaging her property.

I have a BMW on a hire purchase deal. No requirements for a 1st class insurance.

5 hours ago, oldlakey said:

In important matters such as this you just cannot have too much info

This is not "an important matter" and the circumstances asked about are irrelevant as far as nosey, prying Thaivisa posters are concerned.  It's a news report, that's all, it's not re-published here for legal advice from Thaivisa members!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

So its not common practice for banks to have as many guarantors as possible written into every finance agreement and there  is no mention he was not talking of tools. 

RE - So its not common practice for banks to have as many guarantors as possible

We can assume the Bank or leasing company was better off without a guarantor like her husband...:whistling:

16 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

The junta needs to rehabilitate this man.

That's not going to happen.  He is just another man-child who wants to lash out if he feels criticised or slighted.  There are some of those in very high places at the moment

23 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Even though he has done wrong, the woman knew at the end of the day she would be responsible

So many Thais think like this to help family by mortgaging houses to motorbikes & vehicles ( what could go wrong, they're family ) 

Criminal case - & after yrs he turns around & says I have no money "How am I suppose to pay, I couldn't keep up with the payments "

That's right. I was just warning my son the other day about being guarantor. If the car is smashed up with no insurance, the person will stop the payments. 

Then the guarantor pays. 

She might as well just knuckle down and pay. 

The lawyers and court fees and wasted time, will wipe out any compensation she might recieve. 

Be warned. 

On 7/24/2018 at 3:18 AM, BEVUP said:

Even though he has done wrong, the woman knew at the end of the day she would be responsible

So many Thais think like this to help family by mortgaging houses to motorbikes & vehicles ( what could go wrong, they're family ) 

Criminal case - & after yrs he turns around & says I have no money "How am I suppose to pay, I couldn't keep up with the payments "

I have the same moan with my thai partner. 

She will lend family and friends money and no hope in hell of ever seeing it again. 

I tried to get her to pursue her ex for child maintenance. 

No chance.

The thai men get off again. To carry on dicking around. 

Dumping her and the child and spawning another child with his new lady into the bargain.

Just something missing in the thai Male / female brains.

When we purchased land and her friends knew,  the first thing they said was,

"now you can use title to go borrow money ".

Quick to borrow or want.

No intention of being responsible and ever thinking of paying for.

Loans to pay for loans. 

Living payday to payday.

Quite sad really. 

On 7/24/2018 at 12:30 PM, oldlakey said:

The honeymoon period was over 55555555555555555

I think on checking, most thai to thai marriages are simply a village ceremony. 

Very little legal standing in the real world. 

My partner had to get a certificate to say she was not married. 

From her local government office. 

Even though she had done the village bit, before. 

So it really counts for squat in legal terms. 

On July 23, 2018 at 8:15 PM, Ramen087 said:

The willingness to respond to disagreements with violence, either against a person's property, or against the individual's person, is an insight into the Thai way of life. It's a little scary when anyone, anywhere does this kind of thing. Here, however, it seems that such behavior is accepted as endemic, met with a shrug and an inferred "well, what did you expect?". 

very similar to a child having a tantrum in a western country

• Like 1

On 7/24/2018 at 12:34 PM, Formaleins said:

That is why he said FIRST CLASS if you read it! He never mentioned COMPULSORY!

You might also find that the first party will not be covered for self inflicted damage. 

Unless a case can be brought against her ex thai husband. 

The second party.

There ain't gonna be no party... lol.

Edited by dallen52

6 hours ago, dallen52 said:

My partner had to get a certificate to say she was not married. 

never heard of that before

& with the couple concerning the car, I think the women was not thinking. She said he wanted her to get a car in her name & pay for it 

So she turns around & gives him a car that he couldn't get in the first place

Also how stupid is  this women

She got the child -Always would of by the sounds of it

He got the car - Which he couldn't afford in the first place

On 7/24/2018 at 5:48 AM, 4MyEgo said:

One would assume that the car had full comprehensive (1st class insurance) as that would be a requirement of the hire purchase

Nowhere in this world, any insurance company will compensate you, if you intentionally destroy your own car.

1 hour ago, BernieOnTour said:

Nowhere in this world, any insurance company will compensate you, if you intentionally destroy your own car.

Correct, however the car was in her name from my understanding