CNN says its correspondent was excluded from covering White House Trump event

webfact

4 hours ago, neeray said:

I'm inclined to agree with you on this point. Not very polite to ask embarrassing and unrelated questions in the company of a dignitary. Only proper to keep to matters of immediate relevance.

The question was not meant to embarrass the president.  It is a legitimate question.   As noted, he seldom meets with the press to answer anything and when he does, he only answers what he wants.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I have no respect for anyone who watches such a biased channel(and actually believes it).

Perhaps you should let Rudy Guiliani and Melania Trump know how you feel? Evidently, Melania is getting her own TVs for her bedroom, and room on AF1.

Donald Trump 'erupted with rage' when Melania's Air Force One TV was tuned to CNN, says leaked email

On the first couple’s recent trip overseas, Melania Trump’s television aboard Air Force One was tuned to CNN. President Donald Trump was not pleased.

He raged at his staff for violating a rule that the White House entourage should begin each trip tuned to Fox – his preferred network over what he considers the “fake news” CNN – and caused “a bit of a stir” aboard Air Force One, according to an email obtained by The New York Times.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-air-force-one-cnn-melania-leaked-emails-white-house-a8462526.html

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Perhaps you should let Rudy Guiliani and Melania Trump know how you feel? Evidently, Melania is getting her own TVs for her bedroom, and room on AF1.

Donald Trump 'erupted with rage' when Melania's Air Force One TV was tuned to CNN, says leaked email

On the first couple’s recent trip overseas, Melania Trump’s television aboard Air Force One was tuned to CNN. President Donald Trump was not pleased.

He raged at his staff for violating a rule that the White House entourage should begin each trip tuned to Fox – his preferred network over what he considers the “fake news” CNN – and caused “a bit of a stir” aboard Air Force One, according to an email obtained by The New York Times.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-air-force-one-cnn-melania-leaked-emails-white-house-a8462526.html

One no respect for either of them.

Rather ironic you get the new from CNN ?

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

But at least they show some respect for the president, are are not obsessed by trying to bring him down.

A president who deserves no respect. In my book, you earn respect, it doesn't come with the office.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

A president who deserves no respect. In my book, you earn respect, it doesn't come with the office.

Someone who manages to defeat such a corrupt opposition leader, getting the votes of the U.S. people deserves a lot of respect.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Rather ironic you get the new from CNN ?

Oy vey. Do people not understand the difference between "opinion" and "news"?

Evidently, the President's attorney/blabbermouth believes that CNN is a valid outlet for his opinions.

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I don't watch that crap either.

But at least they show some respect for the president, are are not obsessed by trying to bring him down.

Not respect only.. " Trump and Fox News depend on each other to prosper. "

https://eu.tcpalm.com/story/opinion/contributors/2018/07/09/trump-fox-news-depend-each-other-prosper-guest-column/767297002/

Thank you to @foxandfriends for exposing the truth. Perhaps that’s why your ratings are soooo much better than your untruthful competition!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 5, 2018

Was @foxandfriends just named the most influential show in news? You deserve it - three great people! The many Fake News Hate Shows should study your formula for success!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 21, 2017

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

No wonder Trump has had to seek out extra-marital affairs... Of course, he couldn't possibly be intimate with ANYONE who watches CNN!  :cheesy:

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

Yes, I've never really understood this phrase. The first time I saw it I assumed it referred to deranged people who support a deranged president. Certainly far more appropriate than the sense Trump supporters use it in.

Sorry, I have no idea what it's supposed to mean...

But if I were to hazard a guess, I'd say...  Trump Derangement Syndrome...

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Sorry, I have no idea what it's supposed to mean...

But if I were to hazard a guess, I'd say...  Trump Derangement Syndrome...

MAGA brain tumor  , needs some X-ray  therapy

Edited by chubby

7 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

CNN and the respectable mainstream media are "obsessed", to use your term, with trying to publicly air the truths and misdeeds that Trump and Co. have been trying so hard to hide and obscure. They're "obsessed" with getting to the bottom of the swamp that is the Trump Administration, and informing the American people and world of just what a swamp it is.

And, the important part for this thread and debate is, they'd be doing EXACTLY the same if the Democrats had a traitor, criminal, adulterer, liar, self-enricher, racist in the White House. Or, more gently, when Clinton and Obama had their failings, the mainstream media were on them too. Because, that's their job and their role under the Constitution in the U.S. form of democracy.

Fox, on the other hand, is obsessed and committed to being the broadcast propaganda arm of the Trump Administration and the far right, where Trump is the nation's hero and rarely is a critical word spoken of anything he does.  Did they behave the same during the Obama admin?  Absolutely not, 100% the opposite. And that's how everyone should know their business is propaganda, not journalism.

Perfect explanation of CNN versus FOX. Thank you. Having said what you did, I recall CNN critiquing Obama. They are fair and balanced.

23 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm not sure what's going on here with the CNN haters.

On one hand, I can understand that anyone who loves Trump would not love CNN, because Trump has done so many bad and stupid and questionable things, that CNN and everyone else in the mainstream media has reported on them. And that of course has infuriated Trump and all his disciples.

But I think there's at least two other elements at play on this:

the first of those is Trump and the Republicans' now years long campaign to delegitimize the mainstream media in general, which was afoot long before Trump and his fake news. If you can convince people that they can't believe the news being reported by mainstream, legitimate news organizations, then you're free to engage in all the corruption and misdeeds you want, and any news reporting on those simply gets disregarded, which I think is happening in recent years.

the second of those is what I'd consider to be the bad effects of modern cable TV news' endless talking heads panels where there rarely are accepted facts and everything is just opposing opinions. And the partisans who populate those panels giving rise to various sides accusing those cable TV news outlets of being partisan.  There was a time, back before cable TV news became entertainment, when CNN just and mainly reported the news, hour after hour. But that didn't drive ratings and money, except when big event things were occurring when everyone tuned in. So overtime, cable news became shows with named hosts and panels and endless talking.  That has, IMHO, helped create an environment where it's easier for partisans to go after outlets like CNN and accuse them of being one-sided biased.

Frankly, I wish they'd go back to just reporting the news, including expert commentary and background as needed. And dump all the celebrity news hosted shows and talking heads panels of people yelling and screaming at each other.  But that's entertainment news these days, and I doubt I'm going to get my wish for good old fashioned news as news.

Lastly, I think anyone who relies entirely on U.S. cable TV news for getting a well-rounded, reasoned view of what's going on in the world or in domestic U.S. affairs is not going to get that. Most of the time when I watch cable TV news, there's not much useful content there beyond the basic headline and sometimes as bit more.

For the most part, IMHO, it takes reading news sources like Associated Press, Reuters, Washington Post, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, some of the foreign media sources, and some of the online news sources that aggregate all of those together to really get any decent understanding of what's going on, who's behind it, and what it all means.

However, unlike me, the surveys I see say that most Americans get the bulk of their news from TV news instead of from reading. And that, no doubt, has led to the dumbing down of Americans' public affairs IQ.

For true reports on what is going on in the US, one needs to watch TV outside that country.

BBC, RT, and Al J, are the best, but not perfect, especially the BBC, who are biased against Scottish independence.

Edited by Neeranam

For true reports on what is going on in the US, one needs to watch TV outside that country.
BBC, RT, and Al J, are the best, but not perfect, especially the BBC, who are biased against Scottish independence.
Yes, it's unbelievable how the BBC has changed since the senior executives were appointed from Cameron's cronies. Their pro- Brexit bias has become ridiculous. The decline of a once giant of impartiality is very sad.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Sad 1

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:16 PM, ehs818 said:

The US Constitution guarantees a free press. After all of his lies, and those of  his spokespeople, it's time for the entire WH Press Corps to BOYCOTT this administration. Ignore his statements and report about his lies. Where are his taxes? Let's see more stories on what he is doing that is inconsistent with his Constitutional Duties. Boycott this trash.

Probably nothing would make Donald happier than having the anti Trump press boycott his press conferences.

Just do it.

Does the US constitution specifically mention presidential press briefings? I think it's about not locking them up for what they report, rather than giving them access to any particular briefing.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:12 AM, Neeranam said:

BBC! Thou jest, surely. That unfortunate channel is so OTT PC that they would automatically be against all things Trump. Apart from thinking football is news, and spending more time on self promotion than actual news, the  stories they seem to like are about African women. I gave up watching BBC long ago because I don't want to watch football all the time.

RT is a strange beast. They don't seem to be sure whether to support Trump, or oppose him.

Al Jazeera are the best of the lot, but obviously anti Trump. 

Seems to me that objective news reporting is a thing of the past, and they are all opinion commentators now.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:03 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Frankly, I wish they'd go back to just reporting the news, including expert commentary and background as needed. And dump all the celebrity news hosted shows and talking heads panels of people yelling and screaming at each other. 

I can agree with that.