CNN says its correspondent was excluded from covering White House Trump event

webfact

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I disagree, they just give good, unbiased news.

I just spent a few days with RT on while I was doing something else, so I got a good feel for what they broadcast. A lot of the Trump related content was contradictory- sometimes pro and sometimes anti.

I certainly felt that for a channel supposedly run by Russians, they didn't support Trump much, whereas, if Putin really did support Trump, they would have had much more pro Trump content.

They do put on a lot of straight news, but also a lot of opinion. Many of the interviewed Americans were openly attacking Trump.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I certainly felt that for a channel supposedly run by Russians, they didn't support Trump much, whereas, if Putin really did support Trump, they would have had much more pro Trump content.

Putin doesn't support Trump. He is far more intelligent than Trump and has serious kompromat on him, which makes him a useful tool ("tool" being the operative word). Trump and the US generally get a bad press in Russia, as they do in virtually every other country in the world.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Opl said:

and how supportive or critical  were RT reports/ opinions  about Putin/Russia ? Any form of contradiction?

They didn't talk about Russia much, and about Putin not at all while I was listening. Mainly about America, though they did have a documentary about Japanese love dolls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lanista said:

Another example of the news networks manufacturing their own news. Same as 60 minutes.

No-one takes any notice of the mainstream media anymore  because its all sensored by the corporations that own the networks. I get my news from highly skilled comics and activists who have access to real news from independent investigators.  The way of the future.

"No-one takes any notice of the mainstream media anymore " ?

… not so sure unfortunately

“He comes down for the day, and whatever he saw on 'Fox and Friends,' he schedules meetings based on that,” said one former White House official. “If it’s Iran, it’s ‘Get John Bolton down here!’ … If he’s seen something on TV or [was] talking to Hannity the night before, he’s got lots of flexibility to do whatever he wants to do.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/29/john-kelly-chief-staff-trump-expectations-747646

"“most rural Republicans aren’t farmers, and many are Fox News devotees. So when they turn on Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity, the hosts will likely extol the ‘virtues’ of Mr. Trump’s farm policies and tariffs rather than the reality of their failures.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/07/trump-trade-war-tariffs/566288/

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Opl said:

“He comes down for the day, and whatever he saw on 'Fox and Friends,' he schedules meetings based on that,” said one former White House official.

I find myself saying this more and more about Trump...

Re the above excerpt:  THAT'S SCARY!!!!

The guy's supposed to be the president of the U.S., and he's using Fox and Friends reports of the day to determine his daily agenda???

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Opl said:

"No-one takes any notice of the mainstream media anymore " ?

… not so sure unfortunately

“He comes down for the day, and whatever he saw on 'Fox and Friends,' he schedules meetings based on that,” said one former White House official. “If it’s Iran, it’s ‘Get John Bolton down here!’ … If he’s seen something on TV or [was] talking to Hannity the night before, he’s got lots of flexibility to do whatever he wants to do.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/29/john-kelly-chief-staff-trump-expectations-747646

"“most rural Republicans aren’t farmers, and many are Fox News devotees. So when they turn on Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity, the hosts will likely extol the ‘virtues’ of Mr. Trump’s farm policies and tariffs rather than the reality of their failures.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/07/trump-trade-war-tariffs/566288/

I fail to see the point you are making. Expecting Sean Hannity to criticise Trump would like watching CNN and expecting them to support the wall. People that support Trump go to Fox, and those that oppose him go to CNN, MSNBC, etc.

I enjoy watching Tucker as he ridicules the OTT anti Trumpers foolish enough to actually go on his show, but it is just opinion and not a serious news show- ie entertainment.

21 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I find myself saying this more and more about Trump...

Re the above excerpt:  THAT'S SCARY!!!!

The guy's supposed to be the president of the U.S., and he's using Fox and Friends reports of the day to determine his daily agenda???

You think he should get his agenda from CNN?

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I fail to see the point you are making. Expecting Sean Hannity to criticise Trump would like watching CNN and expecting them to support the wall. People that support Trump go to Fox, and those that oppose him go to CNN, MSNBC, etc.

I enjoy watching Tucker as he ridicules the OTT anti Trumpers foolish enough to actually go on his show, but it is just opinion and not a serious news show- ie entertainment.

Don't you think FOX is a MSM ?

So when you say " No-one takes any notice of the mainstream media anymore ",  my point was to show it's not the case for Trump ( who brought Fox Inside the White House), nor for Trump supporters who get their talking points via Fox, whatever the reality is - The soybeans Farmers case is speaking - at least to me.

Sorry if I'm not clear. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I just spent a few days with RT on while I was doing something else, so I got a good feel for what they broadcast. A lot of the Trump related content was contradictory- sometimes pro and sometimes anti.

They do put on a lot of straight news, but also a lot of opinion. Many of the interviewed Americans were openly attacking Trump.

Supposedly?

ROFL

3 hours ago, Opl said:

Don't you think FOX is a MSM ?

So when you say " No-one takes any notice of the mainstream media anymore ",  my point was to show it's not the case for Trump ( who brought Fox Inside the White House), nor for Trump supporters who get their talking points via Fox, whatever the reality is - The soybeans Farmers case is speaking - at least to me.

Sorry if I'm not clear. 

When did I say "No-one takes any notice of the mainstream media anymore"? Please attribute quotes to the correct poster.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When did I say "No-one takes any notice of the mainstream media anymore"? Please attribute quotes to the correct poster.

you're right, sorry I mixed up, it was lanista's post n°127 I first quoted.  

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Another of your extremely broad generalizations unsupported by any independent data. When you're speaking for yourself, don't drag along unnamed multitudes as well. If you don't trust MSM fine. Stop trying to amplify the authority of your views without actual data.

Edited by bristolboy

11 hours ago, lanista said:

Another example of the news networks manufacturing their own news. Same as 60 minutes.

No-one takes any notice of the mainstream media anymore  because its all sensored by the corporations that own the networks. I get my news from highly skilled comics and activists who have access to real news from independent investigators.  The way of the future.

"I get my news from highly skilled comics and activists who have access to real news from independent investigators."

Before I comment, please tell me; are you serious?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Another of your extremely broad generalizations unsupported by any independent data. When you're speaking for yourself, don't drag along unnamed multitudes as well. If you don't trust MSM fine. Stop trying to amplify the authority of your views without actual data.

imo, calling it "MSM" anymore is passe, more apropo would be "corporate media" ; sort of like "alt right" should be called "radical right" ; but they reserve that for "the left"

so much is marketing and agitprop, these days , even the paper of record, has morphed into 1/2- 3/4 or its Frontpage  articles being phrased in the terms of clickbait and tabloidism.

• 4 weeks later...