Pizza

jimmyyy

1 hour ago, KneeDeep said:

Why would you embarrass yourself with a statement such as this?

American style pizza is not known as the pinnacle of pizza making. Neither is the USA known for the quality of it's ingredients. They allow processes that are banned in Europe and beyond.

So I wouldn't insult all the other pizzeria in Thailand, by suggesting that American style pizza is the best in Thailand.

It's probably the name.  Anything with the words New York or Bronx or Brooklyn in front of it will be considered good by some people.  

New York Pizza on 3rd road is NOT good.  I used to eat there regularly until it went downhill.  Maybe the people saying it's good are going on old information. It hasn't been very good for years now.  It was only good for maybe the first 6 months it was opened. I think they switched to cheaper ingredients.   Last time I went the tomato sauce was runny and tasted watered down.  That in turn made the crust soggy.  Probably one of the worst Pizza's I've had in Thailand.  It was not just a one off because I have heard similar things from other people.   Unless it has gotten better recently but I can only see that happening if ownership changed.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lapd said:

It's probably the name.  Anything with the words New York or Bronx or Brooklyn in front of it will be considered good by some people.  

New York Pizza on 3rd road is NOT good.  I used to eat there regularly until it went downhill.  Maybe the people saying it's good are going on old information. It hasn't been very good for years now.  It was only good for maybe the first 6 months it was opened. I think they switched to cheaper ingredients.   Last time I went the tomato sauce was runny and tasted watered down.  That in turn made the crust soggy.  Probably one of the worst Pizza's I've had in Thailand.  It was not just a one off because I have heard similar things from other people.   Unless it has gotten better recently but I can only see that happening if ownership changed.

I didn't mean to suggest that there was anything wrong with Bronx Pizza. It's obviously popular.

My issue is with suggesting that it is the best Thailand has to offer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lapd said:

Loaf is garbage.  No taste at all.  Like eating cardboard.  They probably use the cheapest cheese/sauce they can find like most Thai run places.  Only reason anyone ate pizza there was because of that all you can eat thing they used to do.

I think some people think it's good because all they care about is the crust, and Loaf is a bakery so...  It's pretty hard to find pizza that doesn't have good crust in Thailand.  But good crust alone does not make a good pizza.

Yeah, I never understood why people like their pizza. More like pizza bread than pizza. 

Yea you should have mentioned what style you like.

Good pizza in Pattaya is not easy to find at least in the styles I like which is a loaded up Aussie style supreme or lot or cappriciosa. Or a good woodfired pizza with a bubbled and crispy crust that also has some doughiness inside the crust and isn't the 3mm thick crispy crunchy ones you find in places like bella italia or grottino.

Anyway working with whats available I pick, in order starting with best at the top:

- Pizza pizza - Had it delivered a bunch of times. very nice pizza. good base and decent amount of topping.

- Fusillo in Naklua does a good pizza. Very nice base similar to mentioned above and also using real flavoursome white mozzarella.

- Grottino and little bella italia in soi 33 naklua. They can both be on my list also but grottinos are a bit better. Bella italias are the thin and crispy but no airiness or softness.

- Pizza art - Never been because it is far away from me but have seen a lot of pictures and the bases look great just like above.

Best pizza (by a long shot) in Thailand is in Bangkok at Pizza Pala Romana at Asok station. Followed by Pizza mania. Pizza mania used to do amazing detroit style pizza but not sure if they still do.They would be 1 and 2 respectively above any pattaya efforts.

One other thing. New York pizza in pattaya. I have had a number of times.. They make a very heavy substantial pizza. Base is hard to describe but it makes my jaw sore eating pizza from there. Also if you want more than 2 toppings it becomes more than 400 baht and increases rapidly and before you know it your 4 or 5 topping pizza is 600 baht or something. I have stopped eating them since I read on tripadvisor someone mentioned cockroaches running all around the pizza area. No thanks.

Edited by sikishrory
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

True story:

Some years ago,  5-6 -7 or thereabouts, Bang Saen in ChonBuri province

Bang Saen also have this Pizza delivery by motocy, you call a short phone number (same number as in Pattaya/Bangkok/etc)

you get the Pizza shop and order what you desire and give your address.

And it arrives more or less as ordered.

Now, in addition to this and that extra topping, you could also order your fav. female student (biggish uni in Bang Saen)

or other hookers, 1 or 2 or 3 or whatever.

This went on for 2-3 years but was eventually stopped by the police.

This beats any pizza service in the US.

Sorry I haven't seen any difference in any pizza. The only difference could be topping but they all put the minimum possible, so I wonder how can anyone call a Pizza in Thailand good. Yes we can eat them, but there is nothing especially good about pizza in this country.

Hardly fair on the Italian Family in CM.!.The one In Sukhothai is good, not understand comment , you get poor Pizza in Italy and word-wide. Its called Pizza Hut.[emoji1351]‍[emoji505]

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

and Scandinavian style pizza is what?

Hard to describe but I think Globetrotter in Pattaya used to do a Swedish style pizza. It was served with a side of cabbage. It's not news. Different countries and regions within countries and even specific restaurants often have a distinctive pizza style. Italy does not own pizza any more than China owns noodles or Thailand owns chilies.  

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Hard to describe but I think Globetrotter in Pattaya used to do a Swedish style pizza. It was served with a side a cabbage. It's not news. Different countries and regions within countries and even specific restaurants often have a distinctive pizza style. Italy does not own pizza any more than China owns noodles or Thailand owns chilies.

Agreed.

1185670373_cosmoshaggispizza.jpg.ffe4563669f3063c4981a8ab239a5d0f.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Hard to describe but I think Globetrotter in Pattaya used to do a Swedish style pizza. It was served with a side a cabbage. It's not news. Different countries and regions within countries and even specific restaurants often have a distinctive pizza style. Italy does not own pizza any more than China owns noodles or Thailand owns chilies.

swedish style pizza? give me a b

anyway this cabbage/dressing thing I have had many times in Sweden

not only served before/with pizza but with a range of meals

swedish style pizza? give me a b

anyway this cabbage/dressing thing I have had many times in Sweden
not only served before/with pizza but with a range of meals

Dude. National variations in pizza styles is a real thing. Period.

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/johan-kugelberg/swedish-pizza_b_1608146.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_cs=i1_A7B3sU5FVibffx1Qxnw

On 7/31/2018 at 10:32 PM, lapd said:

When I ate there pizza was sweet, I dunno what kind of ssshit sauce they used, but what I am sure is that I will never go again.

13 hours ago, sikishrory said:

Best pizza (by a long shot) in Thailand is in Bangkok at Pizza Pala Romana at Asok station. 

I've eaten there many times, agree it's good with decent imported ingredients. What was said earlier still applies though - this is a Romana style and might not appeal if someone has other preferences. 

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Hard to describe but I think Globetrotter in Pattaya used to do a Swedish style pizza. It was served with a side of cabbage. It's not news. Different countries and regions within countries and even specific restaurants often have a distinctive pizza style. Italy does not own pizza any more than China owns noodles or Thailand owns chilies.  

Globetrotters is not very good imo but I guess it depends what you like.  I think some people like that Scandanavian style.  It was pretty greasy last time I had it.  Just loaded with greasy cheese which I though was kind of gross but some people may like that.  I ended up taking half the cheese off and putting it into a big greasy pile.

Edited by lapd

Globetrotters is not very good imo but I guess it depends what you like.  I think some people like that Scandanavian style.  It was pretty greasy last time I had it.  Just loaded with greasy cheese which I though was kind of gross but some people may like that.  I ended up taking half the cheese off and putting it into a big greasy pile.
I assumed they were closed. Are they still open?

Hello Everybody,

i am pretty new in here and just found this post.

As i am living on the darkside and loving pizzas the thin crispy style.

So, my favourite was former Tifosi on Khao Talo. It was taken over by an expat with his wife about 4 month ago and now being relocated to Soi Khao Noi.

It's called DEVILICIOUS now, has just reopened and, coming from the railway, it's about 400 meters on the left side(corner unit).

Has a patio and an airconroom also showing live sports and great music all the time.

For me it's the best pizza on darkside when not even in Pattaya.

If your around, just give it a try.

• Like 2

Thin crispy cardboard crust pizza is exactly what I don't want!

Yes, pizza tastes are very subjective.

There are "good" pizzas in many different styles.

I think most anyone's pizza taste can be satisfied by some places in Pattaya.

If you haven't found it yet, keep trying.