Holiday Traffic

Henryford

Surprised there hasn't been a topic on the traffic over the holiday. I wanted to go out last night about 6pm. I live on Thappraya Road and as soon as i pulled out of the car park the traffic was solid going down to Jomtien. I just thought maybe people going to the beach. But no i turned into Thepprasit and the traffic was blocked solid right from the traffic lights and not moving. I was intending to go onto Sukhumvit but realised that would be as bad so just turned round and went home. Good thing we don't have a Mall in Jomtien the roads would be totally blocked.

• Like 2

We live way out in the sticks and we never see much traffic out there in the sticks, but yesterday it took over five minutes waiting for a gap in the traffic to pull out of one tiny in the sticks road into a bit larger out in the sticks road :sad:

Horrible traffic Friday afternoon out at Bahn Amphur / Na-Jomtien..I'm not taking the car anywhere until Tuesday.

My step daughter works on Theprasit,she complained yesterday it was difficult getting through traffic even on her scooter.

It gets worse and worse ,seems half of Bangkok descends every long weekend..since the "great Bangkok floods" of 2011

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Was anyone caught up in this yesterday? Lorry overturned heading into Pattaya about 2pm

37911434_10157628427293012_3137196270804795392_n.jpg

Unless I am mistaken this does not look like the 7 close to Pattaya as there appear to be no barriers after the hard shoulder?

Which road and where?

2 hours ago, johng said:

It gets worse and worse ,seems half of Bangkok descends every long weekend..since the "great Bangkok floods" of 2011

Not only to Pattaya...

Here in Chiang Mai, you see more cars with Krungthep sign plates, than locals. And the girlfriend's family runs a resort in Ratchaburi - also full.

Haven't been to Bangkok since long - would be a good idea to act anti-cyclic, it must be wonderful in and around Bangkok now, no traffic jams. 555

Wife, friend and driver coming from Bangkok, guess at the back-up, Driver Puh knows every back road there is, got off freeway and made it to Pattaya is better than reasonable time. How in the hell do you flip a 40 ft

trailer blocking all lanes when you are only doing the posted 80 kms?

Edited by oldrunner
spacing
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

Wife, friend and driver coming from Bangkok, guess at the back-up, Driver Puh knows every back road there is, got off freeway and made it to Pattaya is better than reasonable time. How in the hell do you flip a 40 ft

Looks like  he dozed off n up n Over,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stanleycoin said:

The police were playing with the traffic lights yesterday

( manual control ) all around town. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total disaster. :bah::bah::bah:, and I was on a bike !!!!!!!!!!!!

The cops should leave the lights alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they work fine till they start pissing around with them

making the traffic worse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bah:

They need to pass the time some way when they are in inactive duty which is most of the time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldrunner said:

Ditto Rimmer above .. He's tried to do a U'ey and the trailer has rode up over the partition blocks .. And looking at the fact that the first axle of the trailer has become detached suggests he went it at with gusto ..

You would be surprised how easy some articulated trucks will go over particularly badly or incorrectly loaded ones and tankers carrying liquids or fluid are not immune to it either ..  When driving 'ere try and put as much space t'wixt yourself and big trucks ..

Having a pizza last night at new York Pizza on Sai Sam, within about 30 minutes must have been no less than 100 buses going either direction, no wonder the roads were clogged, thankfully I didn't have to drive or ride anywhere. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topt said:

Unless I am mistaken this does not look like the 7 close to Pattaya as there appear to be no barriers after the hard shoulder?

Which road and where?

It's not close to pattaya.  It's at the 74.050 Klm peg (or at least the camera is) on highway 7. About 55 Klm's from patts. 

33 minutes ago, Sydneyboy1 said:

It's not close to pattaya.  It's at the 74.050 Klm peg (or at least the camera is) on highway 7. About 55 Klm's from patts. 

That was what I suspected - thanks.

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

He's tried to do a U'ey

As someone else said no U turns on Highway 7..........

37 minutes ago, digbeth said:

The Hwy36 Exit to Rayong is backed up for about 20 kms since Friday and only made worse with that overturned truck 

If the "truck" crash was where Sydneyboy1 says then I don't think it would have any direct effect on the 36......unless you are talking about another truck/lorry?

29 minutes ago, topt said:
1 hour ago, Sydneyboy1 said:

That was what I suspected - thanks.

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

He's tried to do a U'ey

As someone else said no U turns on Highway 7..........

1 hour ago, digbeth said:

The Hwy36 Exit to Rayong is backed up for about 20 kms since Friday and only made worse with that overturned truck 

If the "truck" crash was where Sydneyboy1 says then I don't think it would have any direct effect on the 36......unless you are talking about another truck/lorry?

That road is not a highway, because on the left you can see a road that can be accessed by driving over the soft shoulder. That is not possible anywhere on Highway 7.

To me the concrete guardrail looks pretty new, so it may as well be Road #36 to Rayong

5 minutes ago, tomas557 said:

That road is not a highway, because on the left you can see a road that can be accessed by driving over the soft shoulder. That is not possible anywhere on Highway 7.

yes thanks - missed that.

So can @Jonathan Fairfield who posted the picture tell us where this accident happened?

• Like 1