Korat mother devastated after witnessing daughter killed by speeding pickup

snoop1130

19 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Poor  Chansiniee, may she rest in peace. I'm driving cars for over 40 years and I don't believe your statistic. 

Let's take the first one:  How can the reaction distance be longer than the actual braking distance? I don't think that I'd need that long to react. It's sad that Thais do not care and drive fast at bus stops, at hospitals, at schools.

I'm wondering why the cops don't check on those who don't give a rat's arse.          I always stop at the local hospital on my way to work let people cross the road.

And every time, people come from behind, take over and one time, an older lady almost got killed.

One of them was a car with cops, doing the same mistake. It makes me angry and I don't know why they don't think why I stopped. 

Too dangerous to stop to let people cross the street. It's a No Go in LOS, unless there is a zebra crossing with a traffic light or a cop. Your politeness can be fatal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maximillian said:

Too dangerous to stop to let people cross the street. It's a No Go in LOS, unless there is a zebra crossing with a traffic light or a cop. Your politeness can be fatal.

There's a zebra crossing, which is right in front of the local hospital, where plenty of people are trying to cross the road from both sides.

But the "I have a bigger one mentality" doesn't seem to get it. These people are often patients with severe injuries, who can't run away from an idiot. Even if I don't see any changes in their behaviour, I'll continue doing so and let people cross the road. 

But some of them who're coming from the other side sometimes do stop when they see me. No loss of face, the hidden education, without a lost face. 

On 8/8/2018 at 10:11 PM, jenny2017 said:

How can the reaction distance be longer than the actual braking distance? I don't think that I'd need that long to react.

And right there you have a large factor in road traffic accidents, people thinking that they are better and quicker than they actually are!