UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

am in the Canary Isles at the moment enjoying the WOMAD world music festival - great European vibe only drawback is the denuded currency that Brexiteers have forced upon us.  Their wet dream Hard Brexit would make us even poorer. One good thing to come out of this is I spend as little time in Thailand now as I can - missus does the family business as and when and we holiday at home or in Europe. The currency crash has played a large part in that - glad to see the rest of this wonderful world . Feel sorry for those Brits trapped within it's borders on fixed incomes with little hope to live back home. But not sorry for those willing on it's destruction - they are getting their just desserts. But not yet humble pie .....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Another post with no substance, conjecture is all that remainers have. 

Did you eventually come up with the links that was asked of you yesterday?

Take a look at the twitter feed of Alistair Burt MP, Conservative. He sent a warning to his fellow Tory, an ERG member, that remain supporting MPs could decide to work together to force a second referendum through parliament. They have the numbers, and faced with a "no deal" exit that is very likely to happen. You not liking that means nothing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

What on earth are you on about?

sorry caught a post from about 500 pages ago by mistake where you posited massive opportunities would result from leaving. I think we all know that now to be untrue - even JRM said it could take 50 years to realize the benefits from the dreamer's leave scenario. 

7 minutes ago, oilinki said:

It's actually quite hilarious how afraid the brexiteers are about the people's vote. ????

They put on a front, a brave face, but they are absolutely terrified of that prospect. If the Tory party cannot get a deal through parliament (even an amended one, or a new one) then we are on for a second vote. They will lose. If they can get a deal through then Brexit will happen.

8 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

It will be interesting try to sell Remain on a No rebate, No opt outs, Adopt the Euro, EU Army,  Accept anything that the EU says

The remain camp have shown their cards to the EU  

You might be the Greg in Bangkok on this call that deals with this EU army....

Edited by beautifulthailand99

9 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

You are completely wrong about "no brexit", I'm afraid May actually told the truth on that one. The Tory MP Alistair Burt sent a twitter comment to a member of the ERG group warning him that Remainer MPs in parliament will back away from their agreement to go along with Brexit if faced with a "no deal" scenario. He is right. If they decide to work together then a second referendum will be voted through. The danger for the ERG is that if they try to force "no deal" through parliament they will end up with "no brexit". My prediction is that if a deal is not agreed with the EU (May's or some other) there will be a second vote.

The thing that's most likely to be "completely wrong" is your assertion that there will be a 2nd referendum. May and Corbyn have consistenly stated that there will not be a 2nd vote. The Tory and Labour manifestos have committed both parties to honouring the referendum result.

Nevertheless, Alistair Burt, a committed remainer, is entitled to his opinion, and you are entitled to believe it. Have a good evening.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

sorry caught a post from about 500 pages ago by mistake where you posited massive opportunities would result from leaving. I think we all know that now to be untrue - even JRM said it could take 50 years to realize the benefits from the dreamer's leave scenario. 

I don't know who you think you were quoting, but it wasn't me.

My views on brexit are such that there is no way I would spout such nonsense. 

1 hour ago, BwindiBoy said:

Who cares what a former nobody thinks?!  They're irrelevant!

Actually, you don’t seem to care about - or to be interested in - any opinion that isn’t the same as yours..........

Edited by damascase

2 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

The thing that's most likely to be "completely wrong" is your assertion that there will be a 2nd referendum. May and Corbyn have consistenly stated that there will not be a 2nd vote. The Tory and Labour manifestos have committed both parties to honouring the referendum result.

Nevertheless, Alistair Burt, a committed remainer, is entitled to his opinion, and you are entitled to believe it. Have a good evening.

Sorry, did I hurt your feelings? I'm only acquainting you with something that is possible, that can be done. There will be a second referendum if the only other option is "no deal". What Alistair Burt is explaining to the ERG is that there is a much more powerful body of MPs that will act if that situation arises ... and bear in mind that Corbyn's Momentum supporters want Labour to put a second referendum on the table ... he will not be able to stop it. McDonnell has also reiterated in the last few days that a second referendum is possible. I understand that you don't like that, but if you are telling people on here that this is impossible then you are misleading them.

16 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

It will be interesting try to sell Remain on a No rebate, No opt outs, Adopt the Euro, EU Army,  Accept anything that the EU says

The remain camp have shown their cards to the EU  

It would simply be a reversal of Article 50 ... we haven't left yet, so we don't have to rejoin.

3 minutes ago, damascase said:

This has been posted before - the guy hasn’t a clue about how the EU works and doesn’t seem to know much about trade and tariffs. Quite unlike that former Finnish politician.

Apologies for the post, I haven’t read the entire thread. What specifically do you think he doesn’t know about trade and tariffs that is relevant to the UK just walking out as he suggests?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

I'll pass on a twitter remark if that's ok.

You asked for a link. I already told you it was a twitter comment. This guy is a Tory MP. He's making a statement of the obvious ... and he's backing up May's comment that "no Brexit" is a distinct possibility.

So just bury your head in the sand if that makes you feel better. :cheesy:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I don't know who you think you were quoting, but it wasn't me.

My views on brexit are such that there is no way I would spout such nonsense. 

apologies , was out late last night and the hotel wi-fi leads to complications. Loving the EU roaming by the way - calls cost the same in every EU country so can call back to the UK for the same price as a UK call. So along with a rinsed pound higher EU call charges - Brexit the gift that keeps on not giving. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, damascase said:

This has been posted before - the guy hasn’t a clue about how the EU works and doesn’t seem to know much about trade and tariffs. Quite unlike that former Finnish politician.

Tony Abbot was a disaster as Australian prime minister ... and the Finnish guy is a very impressive politician.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

You asked for a link. I already told you it was a twitter comment. This guy is a Tory MP. He's making a statement of the obvious ... and he's backing up May's comment that "no Brexit" is a distinct possibility.

So just bury your head in the sand if that makes you feel better. :cheesy:

The original post stated that the four MPs are acting in the way they are doing to cheat the British Public, that is a libellous and fallacious remark, do you honestly think your tweet addresses this?

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

The original post stated that the four MPs are acting in the way they are doing to cheat the British Public, that is a libellous and fallacious remark, do you honestly think your tweet addresses this?

That is not what you asked for. You were referring to the Alistair Burt comment, and complaining I had no link ... even though I told you where to find it.

As for the 4 MPs, I already answered that ... go back and find it.