UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

3 hours ago, vogie said:

I know I will regret asking this, but how can Nigel Farage affect your freedom of movement?

Because Farage will retain freedom of movement he doesn't give a damn about everybody else. I'm alright jack.

As you know I have already sorted out my own situation but it is a tragedy for others

Can you really not see that?

52 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

The car industry has been estimated to be around 1% of GDP, which puts any adverse impact on the car industry into perspective in terms of potential impact on GDP - but there doesn't need to be an adverse effect, as I've mentioned above.

This is a very simplistic statistic. It takes no account at all of the multiplier effect. I wasn't able to find figures for the UK auto industry, but in the USA studies show that for every job in the auto industry, 4 more are created. So while the UK auto industry's direct contribution to GDP is 1 percent, in actual effect it's going to be a lot more than that.

2 minutes ago, bomber said:

bogsite more like it,i doubt the 45 million brits are aware of it,maybe 45000

I am sure most Brits are well aware of the phrase "order order" as we hear it on a daily basis , as we now know you don't approve of the site you can expect to see more articles and links 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

so some chinks are think about investing £1bn in the UK,gee wizz its hardly going to replace Nissan,toyota,JL and BMW and all the other 10000s of lost jobs,it wouldnt even make up 1% of the loss,total scraping the barrel ino

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

Explain why. What part of it is nonsense exactly - give me hard facts and astute reasoning, if you can.

What I have said is factual, the underlying issue here is all about - self interest vs national interest and future sovereignty. Simple as that.

From everything you've espoused I'd say you're all about the former, like most Remoaners it seems. 

What utter codswallop. I am comfortably off and my son and daughter are both flourishing. So it is not about ME.

I am no philanthropist but I do care about society and social justice.

I am entirely happy to share sovereignty for mutual benefit. All this little Englander crap is, well, crap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

This is a very simplistic statistic. It takes no account at all of the multiplier effect. I wasn't able to find figures for the UK auto industry, but in the USA studies show that for every job in the auto industry, 4 more are created. So while the UK auto industry's direct contribution to GDP is 1 percent, in actual effect it's going to be a lot more than that.

the auto industry will be history with a no deal,even with a good deal i think damage has already been done and the big 4 will be looking elsewhere in the future,they wont want this <deleted>> on again,5-10 years i would expect the trade to employ 30-40% less even with a GOOD deal,factories work generally on 5 year set up.cycle after this the new models will go to the non UK factories which all the big 4 have in place,spud picking will be the way forward

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Because Farage will retain freedom of movement he doesn't give a damn about everybody else. I'm alright jack.

As you know I have already sorted out my own situation but it is a tragedy for others

Can you really not see that?

No I cannot really see that, please explain how he will do it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bomber said:

the auto industry will be history with a no deal,even with a good deal i think damage has already been done and the big 4 will be looking elsewhere in the future,they wont want this <deleted>> on again,5-10 years i would expect the trade to employ 30-40% less even with a GOOD deal,factories work generally on 5 year set up.cycle after this the new models will go to the non UK factories which all the big 4 have in place,spud picking will be the way forward

If that's the case, then the UK will be visited by the Multiplier Effect's evil twin, the Negative Multiplier Effect.

28 minutes ago, vogie said:

No I cannot really see that, please explain how he will do it.

It is my understanding that in addition to his wife and children that he has a German passport. Therefore, post Brexit he would have freedom of movement around the EU at least. So he has no PERSONAL incentive to push for freedom of movement for others. This whole freedom of movement issue is a red herring. It is not the fault of the EU that we do a crap job of controlling our borders. It is not the fault of the EU that we don't apply any brakes available under existing regs. It is not the fault of the EU that we have developed a nasty anti any foreigner attitude 

OK?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish the UK well.

But I have a feeling that it will be a  hard  hard place to be for many in  years to come.

Not that it will be  alone.

There is a change in international attitudes that despite the platitudes is increasingly regressive in terms of core social and humanitarian outcome.

Having  sucked  the lemon dry where now to find the source of........?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Grouse said:

It is my understanding that in addition to his wife and children that he has a German passport. Therefore, post Brexit he would have freedom of movement around the EU at least. So he has no PERSONAL incentive to push for freedom of movement for others. This whole freedom of movement issue is a red herring. It is not the fault of the EU that we do a crap job of controlling our borders. It is not the fault of the EU that we don't apply any brakes available under existing regs. It is not the fault of the EU that we have developed a nasty anti any foreigner attitude 

OK?

we have been shit at controlling our borders for years,if we had did it properly in the first place then brexit may not of happened,but as per usual the finger of blame pointed at the EU,god help us if we didnt have the english channel,even after brexit we will still balls it up

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I am delighted that my understanding was incorrect

I didn't know you believed The Independent! Well done ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nontabury said:

It’s already been said, perhaps his wife made that decision.

If he made it, so what.

I obtained a British passport for my children,within days of their birth. At the time I had no intention of returning to the U.K. And I bet,that’s what most farang do in Thailand, when they have an offspring with a non Brit.

I also knew of instances with some children at the international school who had 4 Passports. Example British,Australian, USA, and Thai.

Indeed! My grandson William has three. Born in California, his mother is Thai and my son is British. Cheeky bugger (William not my son ????)!

27 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

On the other hand there is this:

Nigel Farage Refuses To Deny Claim He's Applying For German Citizenship

The former UKIP leader prompted the speculation after he was spotted queuing at the Germany embassy so BuzzFeed News asked him about it. "None of your business," he said before hanging up.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patrickstrudwick/nigel-farage-refuses-to-deny-claim-hes-applying-for-german-c?utm_term=.lfVDm9NmNK#.vaNpO3vOvd

4 hours ago, nontabury said:

You could be right, another attempt to expung the democratic will of the people. 

A document produced by whom exactly?

I suspect colleagues of Ollie Robbins, if not himself.

You can't defeat democracy with more democracy

IMG_3108.JPG

Edited by Grouse