Cm Web Hosting And Development

SoloFlyer

I'm doing some work for a European company that needs to re-design their web presence.

Anyone willing to point me in the right direction for CM hosting and design?? I have a spec doc that I can PM to anyone interested. It's a 3 phase, 18mth project including static redisign, back-end database construction, to functioning commerce site.

Advice appreciated.

Hosting services can be based anywhere in the world, really. I would not choose to host anything within Thailand if your customer base is not exclusively Thai.

As for web design, I do see the point in being able to meet the designer physically and discuss the ideas, also for follow up and feedback, redesign there are definite benefits to using a locally based business.

Unfortunately I do not have any constructive advice or experience about web designers in CM.

Anyways, perhaps I am stating the obvious, but make sure you check their previous work so you know what to expect. Judging from the majority of sites in the Thai language on the web, Thais have a very different idea of what looks good - i.e. cram in lots of colours and animations. (check out sanook.com for example, this is a very popular web site among Thais).

Some Westerners who call themselves web designers aren't quite as good as they claim to be either. Shop around a bit.

You should split the process in three parts (rather than two): Design, Implementation (or coding if you prefer), and Hosting ... While design and implementation often can be well done by the same business, it generally is a bad idea also to let that business handle the hosting: Once you've got the website done, you'd like to be able to easily relocate it to another host if dissastisfied. Often, if implementation (coding) is done by the same guys going to host it, they'll make non-generic shortcuts (e.g. hardcode various stuff) that'll make it work perfectly on their server, but a lot of things have to be redone in order to make it work on any other server.

I'm doing some work for a European company that needs to re-design their web presence.

Anyone willing to point me in the right direction for CM hosting and design?? I have a spec doc that I can PM to anyone interested. It's a 3 phase, 18mth project including static redisign, back-end database construction, to functioning commerce site.

Advice appreciated.

Hi,

You can find some good and professional companies in Thailand, and even in Chiangmai, but the price will not be as low as a Thai company for Thai customers. But this is still quite cheap compared to professionnal website companies in Europe.

As I am the owner of one of them, and as we have customers in Chiangmai and Europe, and we specialized in PHP/Mysql programming, you can PM me and I will give you all information you need... or send me the specs of your project.

Good luck anyway for your project,

Philippe

I had a very bad Exp with SERVERTODAY . and a few years ago with other HOST IN thailnd

Server today CRASh and 6 month ago all my data is LOST . what there say is sorry .. and since then my site been down .. so i got fedup and got my own host running now i got stable hosting and about 1000gb of space .

Server today CRASh and 6 month ago all my data is LOST . what there say is sorry .. and since then my site been down .. so i got fedup and got my own host running now i got stable hosting and about 1000gb of space .

Most reputable hosting companies offer a continuous data back-up option, and in the event of a major crash, no data is lost.

As an aside, I would be interested to know who is offering I TB of storage and at what cost.

A rule of thumb, as Mouse and Cyberstar have said, when setting up a website, is to keep web designers and hosting companies well separate. NEVER give your designer FTP access to your server. Hidden Java script is a wonderful tool if used correctly, but if not can have far reaching consequences.

Advice appreciated.

Hosting in Thailand is not sensible unless your customer base is exclusively Thai.

I have had some positive experience with a company called Intropica (www.intropica.com) which is run by a quietly competent Brit.

JxP

Guys, thanks heaps for all your comments. As the company is based OS, but exporting from Thailand, we figure development would be more economical here.

Understood that hosting can be 'done' anywhere and we wouldnt have it hosted 'in' thailand, but perhaps sourced from here - good tips RE separation of powers!!

I've sent out the spec doc to all those who expressed interest. We are also following leads elsewhere.

As I am kind of the 'liasing officer' of this project, I will keep you all posted as to how things go... the goods and the bads.

Cheers.

SF

Advice appreciated.

Hello, I recommend Chiangmai Ampai co.,ltd , you can look at the company website to see portfolio http://www.champ.co.th or http://www.chiangmaiampai.com/ or for more information call 081 905 9559, they may suit your need.

well what i can say is avoid Servertoday . cos i think is some kinda scam , i upload my classic car photo which i buy a 1Gb service , and only after 3 week that i load up my photo i was told i hit my BANWIDTH . and limited my account .

and stop the service , for like 1 week or so and need me to call in , and after that it went on and off this way , and then their server crash . and when i clal in there only say SORRY . we LOST your DATA , and drag on for month without reply .

promise to refund but did not do anything just drag time out , toal scammer .

anyway I am Selling the one TB service . it cost about $200-$250 usd per year .

Edited by Ta22