Wet Passport

go to police same if you lost your passport explain show passport they will draft up letter for you confirming damaged u take a photo or 2 , next off to your embassy new passport , new  visa in new passport "  go embassy they will contact immigration for you,

same when you lose start all over again been there done that ..

24 minutes ago, Mad mick said:

go to police same if you lost your passport explain show passport they will draft up letter for you confirming damaged u take a photo or 2 , next off to your embassy new passport , new  visa in new passport "  go embassy they will contact immigration for you,

same when you lose start all over again been there done that ..

No need to go to the police unless you lose it.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 11:59 AM, ubonjoe said:

You would not need to go to immigration unless you wanted their opinion on whether you need a new one or not.

As ubon Joe can attest I had the same thing happen last week ... I went to immigration to get a residence certificate, told her what happened all the stamps were blurry but she said no problem, my tm6 was destroyed and my 90 day receipt also..she said fix on next 90 day...

On Sat Aug 11 2018 at 5:35 PM, ubonjoe said:

They would but they keep your old passport until the new one arrives.

Australia government keeps the old passport now, maybe something to do with the chip in them being copied

• Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 8:48 AM, Tanoshi said:

Usually 2 weeks from the date of submitting the application.

Love the blame portion.

Did the wife put the passport in your pocket ?

I thought there was somthing in the vows that says "The wife shall check trouser pockets for money before washing them":wai:

• Haha 1

Welcome to the club, :smile: it's happened to me last year. However my passport being tight in a buttoned pocket, everything was still perfectly readable at 100%, so I guess it stayed well closed, but anyway, the young lady at Samui immigration told me for your next yearly extension you will need a new one. 

I am binational with two passports a French and an English one, this time I came as Frenchman.  As far as passports are concerned, with the French embassy it is only on appointment... but sometimes with a one month's delay, plus another month for the passport to come back from France. So altogether it could be more than two months, not expecting it I was short of time, so I went to my annual extension three weeks ago with the same passport. The young lady was not happy but I had my extension without any problem. I must say it is barely noticeable and I am sure I could travel abroad anywhere, my mistake probably I felt obliged to tell to the young lady at the 90-day report after it happened.

Being stubborn with immigration could be dangerous, now I will unwillingly change it anyhow. 

4 hours ago, heybuz said:

Australia government keeps the old passport now, maybe something to do with the chip in them being copied

Don't think they keep a UK passport while your waiting for a new one as according to Thai rules you can be asked to show it when required.

On 8/11/2018 at 1:13 PM, MrPatrickThai said:

Not significant if you live outa Bangkok and lose 2 days work.

I don't know about the British Embassy, but the American Embassy will mail your new passport to you. I see so many complaints on TV about the lack of services at the British Embassy I'd not be surprised if they don't. Does their web site say?

US takes about 10 days. For US Don’t have to go to BKK you can mail old one and they send back old (punched with holes to cancel) and the new one. Send by Thailand Post office (EMS) and a bank check (forgot what’s called) for 100 baht and the send back same service. 

Your UK website should have information regarding options. You may be able to get one sooner if absolutely need to travel. If not think of it as a holiday..

i had had the extra page passport because I traveled a lot for business. Kept it on leather passport wallet. US yapped about it being damaged and didn’t like it when I told them it’s because you guys are careless when you pull it th,rough thae machine. 

Good luck

Edited by DJ54
Spelling

I always keep my passport in a ziplocked bag that's almost the exact size. It originally was a medication ziplock from a pharmacy. Passports with any type of damage can be refused as invalid.

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

On 8/11/2018 at 12:37 PM, Farma said:

My advice is to get a new passport. It's damaged.

Past experience for me has been 2 passports needing replacement. The first had the coat of arms on the outside front cover worn away from use. (I travel with the large extra page business passport). Immigration told me they wouldn't accept it next time.

My last passport also had the coat of arms worn away but nobody in any country ever said anything. The newer passport is going the same way. 

Provided the chip is OK I can't see why it's a problem as all the info is inside. Did they write anything on the stamp? To be honest I'd have just ignored them if not.

15 hours ago, Acharn said:

I don't know about the British Embassy, but the American Embassy will mail your new passport to you. I see so many complaints on TV about the lack of services at the British Embassy I'd not be surprised if they don't. Does their web site say?

The British Embassy Do NOT Deal with Passports any longer,They Outsourced it to a private company called VFS !!

5 hours ago, wcoast said:

I always keep my passport in a ziplocked bag that's almost the exact size. It originally was a medication ziplock from a pharmacy. Passports with any type of damage can be refused as invalid.

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

get a new passport from the uk and they send a ziplock (songkran style) with your new passport. well they did a few years ago anyway

3 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

I Did'nt Get One Last Year with Mine, Just in a plain brown envelope !! 

it was around songkran i think so maybe something to do with that. had the embassy logo on the ziplock.year before last. ziplock went in the bin anyway

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

it was around songkran i think so maybe something to do with that. had the embassy logo on the ziplock.year before last. ziplock went in the bin anyway

Soooooooooooo,That's why the price of Passports went up,To pay for all those PLASTIC Bags .....

3 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Soooooooooooo,That's why the price of Passports went up,To pay for all those PLASTIC Bags .....

those bags costs zero. the money would have went on improving the security of the passport itself i would have thought

2 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

those bags costs zero. the money would have went on improving the security of the passport itself i would have thought

Noooooooooooooo, I'm Afraid You Get NOWT For NOTHING These Days....

Edited by Nong Khai Man

On 8/11/2018 at 2:58 PM, scorecard said:

Sidenote, I read there's a change, coming sometime soon, to the international standards for passport production, for every country to use a type of paper which quickly disintegrates when wet, even one drop of water, coffee, etc., will cause the paper it hits to quickly disintegrate and cause a sizeable hole in that page and if it's a larger amount of liquid it will quickly cause integration down into further pages.

Plus production and sale of the new paper will be highly controlled internationally.

Plus there's a check coming that will facilitate immigration officials, any country, to do a quick check to test for fake passports printed on not-standard paper.

Please provide details of your source plus, preferably, a link to it. Otherwise I, for one, will regard this as fake news.

• Thanks 1

I had a water damage passport. 

One officer wouldn't deal with me.  Went to another office and they did.  Ended up getting new passport soon after.

If you consider water damage as tampering then passport is invalid.

If all things are legible,  then maybe debatable that it is tampered with.

The powerful ones will decide. 

All hail the powerful ones. 

• Like 1