Trump backs boycott of Harley Davidson in steel tariff dispute

webfact

4 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Since the ' Easy Rider ' movie , Harley has been a symbol of Americas Freedom .

May be now it will become a symbol of resistance to Trump's politics ...?

I do not see Donald on a Harley anyway , but at least he should buy a Tesla ... ?

I forgot , no need for this as there is no climate change anyway ... so , back to the glorious V8's , who burn 15 gallons on 100 miles ...?

He already got a Tesla.

https://nordic.businessinsider.com/donald-trumps-car-collection-2017-1?r=UK&IR=T

Would rather he would go after Amazon, Google, and Facebook monopolies. And, btw, everytime that the subject of HD comes up now, Thailand will also be mentioned. Can't be good for Thailand to be in the crosshairs along with HD. Some other tariffs and IT issues might also get spotted.

While Donny is callng for this boycott that boycott has a great question? How is America going to respond to claims last week that Saudi Jets blew up a school in Yemen and killed hundreds of school kids? In fact, I did not even hear one word of criticism from this hypocrite > Just because you have a lot of oil does that mean its different?

8 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

While Donny is callng for this boycott that boycott has a great question? How is America going to respond to claims last week that Saudi Jets blew up a school in Yemen and killed hundreds of school kids? In fact, I did not even hear one word of criticism from this hypocrite > Just because you have a lot of oil does that mean its different?

I missed that story. 

I did read of a bus being struck by a missile and dozens being killed. 

4 hours ago, Curmudgeon1 said:

Imo. People pay a premium for an HD. Not because they're worth it, but because of branding.

Corporate ownership are squeezing every nickle at the cost of US jobs etc. when they're already getting premium$$.

Always a one way street.

The overseas factories were already in the mix,I believe. I hope their sales suffer... big time

For many years in Britain, Harley's were the mode of transport for the gay community.  These days not so much with most owners being over sixty, as far as I can see.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JAG said:

Norton Trumps watch anyway... 

Although I will allow that it is a Bonnie idea! 

I'll quit now, whilst in front - which isn't much of a boast as the bloke behind is riding a Hartley. 

Is that a Nina Hartley or some other kind?  :cheesy:

1 hour ago, yougivemebaby said:

It’s funny to listen to all the ignorant sheeple following the lead of the anti Trump American media. Must be mostly old angry Europeans that follow the lead of bitter Merkel who is completely destroying all of Europe with her open door policy. 

Edit: people also don’t fully understand the motives behind the tariffs either. Most haven’t done their reasearch. Most imported steel originates from China in the first place. America (or most countries) doesn’t want low quality Chinese steel. So places like Canada would import Chinese steel into Canada and put their label on it selling it as Canadian steel. Lower quality. Lowery cost. High profits scamming American companies and government. Many places were doing this and trump put a stop to it. American steel is much better quality and benefits all Americans. 

Are you trying to defend Trump? Do you need to argue your point with using well know Trump regurgitates? Then lets play Trump Defending!!

Just simply choose from the following list when trying to argue your point:-

Hillary - Obama - Democrats - CNN - Sheeple - Snowflake - Libtards - China Bad -  USA, USA - Fake News - Immigrants - Minorities Bad -  Muslims Bad 

This simple game of defending is fun for all the family and will absolutely guarantee that the Cheeto in Chief will never be held responsible for anything that comes out of his mouth or the actions of any of his family or associates. 

(Warning: this game may add to your already high levels of cognitive dissonance and may ruin your country for generations to come) 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I missed that story. 

yeah, it was sorry 50 dead kids on the school bus. But over 5,000 kids have died or been hurt from the bombing with an estimate of 5 kids dying per day. The United Nations also estimates 400,000 are suffering from malnutrition. The point I think I am trying to make why is America not even talking about what is going on here Its a bloody disaster on a big scale. Just thinking if Saddam Hussein or Col Gaddafi did this Omg they be criticized big time. I don't know about you spunk but have you heard any world leader mention what is going on here

5 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

yeah, it was sorry 50 dead kids on the school bus. But over 5,000 kids have died or been hurt from the bombing with an estimate of 5 kids dying per day. The United Nations also estimates 400,000 are suffering from malnutrition. The point I think I am trying to make why is America not even talking about what is going on here Its a bloody disaster on a big scale. Just thinking if Saddam Hussein or Col Gaddafi did this Omg they be criticized big time. I don't know about you spunk but have you heard any world leader mention what is going on here

It’s Blues Punk. 

Up to that point in your post, I’d agreed with everything you said. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Since the ' Easy Rider ' movie , Harley has been a symbol of Americas Freedom .

May be now it will become a symbol of resistance to Trump's politics ...?

I do not see Donald on a Harley anyway , but at least he should buy a Tesla ... ?

I forgot , no need for this as there is no climate change anyway ... so , back to the glorious V8's , who burn 15 gallons on 100 miles ...?

I don’t believe he knows how to drive.  Even if he did, he needs a special steering wheel for his child hands ?

• Haha 1

I am no fan of Harley Davidson.  That said, Trump is crazy to think that they or anyone else are going to sheepishly accept an increase of $100 million in costs just because he thinks it is good for America.  We now live in a global economy.  Trump is fighting against the universal trend to find the cheapest labor and materials cost wherever they may be found.  He has a snowballs chance in hell to stop this.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed again. Please stop using bold font when posting.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, mlmcleod said:

I am no fan of Harley Davidson.  That said, Trump is crazy to think that they or anyone else are going to sheepishly accept an increase of $100 million in costs just because he thinks it is good for America.  We now live in a global economy.  Trump is fighting against the universal trend to find the cheapest labor and materials cost wherever they may be found.  He has a snowballs chance in hell to stop this.

"Trump is fighting against the universal trend to find the cheapest labor and materials cost wherever they may be found. "

Ah, that's why the cheap labour and cheap materials for his family's businesses.

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

Some models made in UK, some in Thailand. Engines are assembled in Thailand but, I believe all cranks are still manufactured in UK.

Seems to constantly change as to which parts/ which models are made at which site.

That's interesting

Does Thailand ship worldwide? UK ships within EU? Probably hard to know

The demand for "Free Trade" is that of the nation or empire that has the ability and power to exploit it.

The demand for tariffs and restrictions is that of the weak, insecure and vulnerable.

"Go figure".

Edited by Enoon

2 hours ago, yougivemebaby said:

It’s funny to listen to all the ignorant sheeple following the lead of the anti Trump American media. Must be mostly old angry Europeans that follow the lead of bitter Merkel who is completely destroying all of Europe with her open door policy. 

Edit: people also don’t fully understand the motives behind the tariffs either. Most haven’t done their reasearch. Most imported steel originates from China in the first place. America (or most countries) doesn’t want low quality Chinese steel. So places like Canada would import Chinese steel into Canada and put their label on it selling it as Canadian steel. Lower quality. Lowery cost. High profits scamming American companies and government. Many places were doing this and trump put a stop to it. American steel is much better quality and benefits all Americans. 

You want to state that American steel is best? I suspect the Japanese, Germans and British might contest that. I would be interested to know which steels HD imports and from which country....

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

For many years in Britain, Harley's were the mode of transport for the gay community.  These days not so much with most owners being over sixty, as far as I can see.

So gay Hog riders are under 60 but Hog riders over 60 are straight? Do HD know this gem?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I missed that story. 

Video has been released from inside the bus as the missile hit. Saudis are claiming that it was a legitimate target due to it being full of child soldiers. Obviously being guided by Kelly Anne Conway on how to create alternative facts.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Both ship worldwide.

exactly but many of their parts are made in Asia ( rubber, plastic etc..) or crank perhaps made in Asia ( Taiwan, India, Thailand) under lincesed or with high supervision.I doubt European standard will meet cheap price nowadays. Everything can be made in Asia with good quality as per originals or in some cases excedeed the original EU manufactured, as long you got the market for the stuff.Most Advertising now exceed R&D or cost of production  that will affect price on the market..for example N#ke,Ad#das.

Just now, NonthaburiBear said:

exactly but many of their parts are made in Asia ( rubber, plastic etc..) or crank perhaps made in Asia ( Taiwan, India, Thailand) under lincesed or with high supervision.I doubt European standard will meet cheap price nowadays. Everything can be made in Asia with good quality as per originals or in some cases excedeed the original EU manufactured, as long you got the market for the stuff.Most Advertising now exceed R&D or cost of production  that will affect price on the market..for example N#ke,Ad#das.

Actually, if you'd read my posts, you'd know that the one thing that is definitely made in the UK is the cranks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

I don't follow your logic. If Harley Davidson decides to manufacture their bikes in Asia, then that doesn't help the American worker, does it? 

And last time I checked, Trump is the President of USA, not the President of Asia....his concerns should only be for Americans, not workers in other countries. The boycott seems reasonable, for his Make America Great Again effort to bring manufacturing jobs back to America....Does any other country in the world celebrate the fact that their corporations are firing workers to send jobs offshore? 

You must be really proud to be an owner of a Harley flat head.

14 hours ago, Tradewind777 said:

The redneck Harley riders now conflicted are going to be facing a big decision. Their hero clown in Washington is now telling them to boycott Harley. Which if his argument is to hold out, they must stop riding bikes and buy American cars instead because he forgot one small point in one of his regular moments of lunacy: Harley Davidson has no American competitors! So if they want to follow his line (and keep riding bikes), maybe they will buy a Honda Gold Wing instead. Is this buffoon all America can produce as a “leader”?

Where are the Indian and Victory motorcycles manufactured? 

• Like 1

Hogtie Harley freaking Davidson, with a trade war that could easily go very and irrecoverably wrong for everyone on the planet, and then blame their reaction as being ungrateful,  and/or unpatriotic.

The art of the Great American deal,  and then some. 

• Like 1