Thai man shoots his young neighbor dead because he wouldn't turn down the music

webfact

Just now, Berkshire said:

I sympathize.  This is why buying a home in a gated residential community is preferred.  Many have suggested that I simply buy land and build on it.  But the problem is what you've highlighted--you never know what the neighbors are going to do.  While it's certainly possible that people will still be doing business in a residential neighborhood, it's less likely.   

Exactly my solution. I previously lived in a house in an almost exclusively Thai neighbourhood. Noise was a constant issue. Moved to a gated community with at least 50% farang ownership, problem solved.

• Like 2

Just now, Damrongsak said:

Could we do this at the Wat just up the street when they have one of those all-nighters with blaring music until it's time to go begging for breakfast?  If I used a .22, they wouldn't even hear it over the music.  Or maybe I could get a scope and just blow out a few speakers from a reasonable distance.

My local Wat does this but only occasionally. My solution - if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

We have noisy neighbours on both sides.  One EVERY SINGLE DAY at 5 - 8 pm opens all the doors to his pick up truck and plays his music (with heavy base) at maximum volume.

On the other side the neighbour has started up a wood cutting factory.  On goes the banging base music at 9 - 5 EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I would move house, but we only just built this one and are tired of moving.

The head man lives next door to me, but he does not seem to care about the constant noise.  I don't think there is a solution.  Asking the neighbours to not play the music loud will just make them loose face and get angry with us farang new neighbours.  Asking the head man I am sure he will do nothing or, just tell them it was us who complained.   Same problem.

We had to move house last time due to EXTREME noise.  Now its go me thinking about moving back to the UK... which I really don't want to do.  I can't believe how most Thai people don't care at all about noise pollution at all.  

That story makes my blood boil. Good luck.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Spidey said:

My local Wat does this but only occasionally. My solution - if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

May do that.  Bring a couple bottles of beer and resupply periodically at the house through the night.  Might learn how to play a bugle. Or yell like Tarzan.

Hmmm, the guy was shot in the left temple.  Our temple is up the street to the left of the house ...

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Applauding cold-blooded murder because of noise. ?There are some bitter sods on TVF forum.

You're quite right.  He didn't have to kill him.  He could have just kneecapped him like the Red Brigades used to to do enemies in Italy..     They prefered to just shoot the person's knee out and make him a cripple for life. Let the guy live but always with something to remind him and teach 'em a lesson. 

got them on beach road , JOMTIEN,  mostly weekends . with their pick up trucks blasting out music right next to the sign that say 2000 baht fine for loud music, as usual the cops do <deleted>  all about it, i feel sorry for the people living across the road,

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

But having said that, do you really think the police should be responsible for all loud music/noise disputes?  They wouldn't have time for anything else.  But even if they had shown up and taken care of the issue, how about the next night?  And the next night?

Yes, the police are (or should be) entirely responsible for preventing that sort of nuisance. And they can come back night after night if necessary, and impose penalties that are more and more onerous until the noisy person finally realises how stupid he is being. Just be sure to apply a penalty from the outset and to double it every time, as the main problem here is that penalties are rarely applied and are often completely inadequate anyway.

If the police really dont have time to do that then perhaps more of them should be employed.

• Like 1