Immigration- no longer have to queue in the early hours of the morning!

Thailand

9 hours ago, elektrified said:

I agree. I don't believe it either. They probably showed up around 6:30 is my guess.

And you continue to call me and others confirming the times line sitters and individuals are arriving liars.

Or are you simply trolling?

Edited by Thailand

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

Is there an eyewitness reporting seeing line sitters queuing up at 8pm or is this just hearsay?

I guess it can't be true despite a couple of line sitters confirming it, one of whom I have used before and have no reason to disbelieve him and he would have no reason to lie about it particularly as I asked the question "what time did you arrive?" and the response was that as posted. 

But as usual, this being the Chiang Mai forum etc ------!

7 hours ago, Thailand said:

And you continue to call me and others confirming the times line sitters and individuals are arriving liars.

Or are you simply trolling?

For the 2nd time, I am not calling you a liar. I am saying that it was only reported to you and your friend by the person(s) your friend employed - that a 12 hour wait was necessary (at the expense of your friend), for your friend to get a visa extension. Frankly that is absurd and it's foolish to believe, and instill fear in others, that this is the only way to get an annual visa extension - short of hiring an "agent" for 5-18,000 THB. There are literally hundreds of people who just like me, can get their annual extension with no drama at all. I wouldn't pay 300 Baht for a "sitter" nor would I pay 300 Baht for an agent to help with my annual extension. But if you want to - then that is your choice.

6 hours ago, Thailand said:

I guess it can't be true despite a couple of line sitters confirming it, one of whom I have used before and have no reason to disbelieve him and he would have no reason to lie about it particularly as I asked the question "what time did you arrive?" and the response was that as posted. 

But as usual, this being the Chiang Mai forum etc ------!

And in the other thread in this forum it was reported (today I believe) that it is not possible to be on the premises prior to 5:00 A.M.

On 8/16/2018 at 12:34 PM, worgeordie said:

,it's not going to be easy for

geriatric retirees to make it over 2 lanes and return.

Retirement extensions,

Quotes from agents earlier this week varied from 7,000bht to 27,000bht, plus your money in the bank and 1,900bht for immigration.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Retirement extensions,

Quotes from agents earlier this week varied from 7,000bht to 27,000bht, plus your money in the bank and 1,900bht for immigration.

Thats easy money for the agents,but I suppose they have to

split it 50/50.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elektrified said:

And in the other thread in this forum it was reported (today I believe) that it is not possible to be on the premises prior to 5:00 A.M.

Really?

"I am at CM Immigration this morning .. got here at 3am .. already 45 people in front of me. I managed to get number 57 and with some small miracle I may get my retirement extension done today.. but it’s been 1 hr and they have only processed about 10.. they turned away over 100 .. they have to come back Monday. And another heads up.. now you need to wait outside on the road curb till 5am.. they will not let you wait inside on a stool. It’s getting worse every year.. the main problem is all the agents .. I guess next year I have to find one .. enough of this torture."

People are waiting on the kerb from the early hours of the morning or previous evening, get with it man.

Edited by Thailand

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Really?

"I am at CM Immigration this morning .. got here at 3am .. already 45 people in front of me. I managed to get number 57 and with some small miracle I may get my retirement extension done today.. but it’s been 1 hr and they have only processed about 10.. they turned away over 100 .. they have to come back Monday. And another heads up.. now you need to wait outside on the road curb till 5am.. they will not let you wait inside on a stool. It’s getting worse every year.. the main problem is all the agents .. I guess next year I have to find one .. enough of this torture."

People are waiting on the kerb from the early hours of the morning or previous evening, get with it man.

Had number 65.  Just got home!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

So this is only the retirement line? Or is it for all and one line is for everyone and then they are seaparated st 8am? I have to go next month and this immigration renewal is a pain in the arse

It is the line for retirement,student, medical extension etc.

I think I saw a sign that indicated marriage visa next to the tourist visa sign way down at the back but not sure.

Marriage visa is still in the small room near the food stall. I don't know what the queue situation is but you could check with the intern at the front of the office. Marriage doesn't look too busy but that could be because they allocate numbers earlier in the day.

On 8/16/2018 at 5:46 PM, eyecatcher said:

I dreaded joining those long queues so instead I got married.

My queue of usually 6 at the most is mostly infiltrated by the odd carrier bag and bottle of water but I too can be away within 90 mins of an 8.30 arrival.

Saved an absolute fortune on agencies obviously.......having a wife however......

Strange, a few years ago, I was going to renew my extension based on marriage instead of retirement. The IO talked me out of it explaining the increase work load of processing it for them and myself. Now it looks like the way to go if you're married.   

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

It is the line for retirement,student, medical extension etc.

I think I saw a sign that indicated marriage visa next to the tourist visa sign way down at the back but not sure.

I was just talking to my wife about it a minute ago as she hates to even show up later meeting me after 8am. Stating the obvious as everyone's true sentiment.

This is so out of hand for the retirement visa people now. It was extremely ugly being at airport immigration as show up times started to be pushed earlier and earlier. RV's used to be the cats meow in and outs many of years back, apparently really pulling the dentures out now. I could do a retirement visa anytime if choose to, but not even gonna go that way for at least another  8 yrs until kids are out of University. 

The agents are raping the retiree's as they see a stream of cash cows to milk as there is set income coming in for them every month and supposedly are to be well off. So no big deal to milk the cash cow. 7k - 20k is an extreme large amount of money to pay if that is what the set scale is at..

I sure hope my line is not any of the slightest bit of the hell that you guys n girls are talking about. Last year I did the wait by myself from 3 am and was 8th in line. No telling this year. Thanks for the update. 

3 hours ago, prism said:

Strange, a few years ago, I was going to renew my extension based on marriage instead of retirement. The IO talked me out of it explaining the increase work load of processing it for them and myself. Now it looks like the way to go if you're married.   

There is no work load for us, its just photocopying the same stuff as everyone else does, I even re use the same photos (3 times now), the ballache is going to the bank and waiting for a statement printout.

for the staff, its just a menial task of sorting into 2 piles and getting you to sign every single page. easy really, but I am happy they are trying to put people off as it makes our queue shorter.

PS the carrier bag and the bottle of water are still together; incredible really isn't it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cmsally said:

Marriage visa is still in the small room near the food stall. I don't know what the queue situation is but you could check with the intern at the front of the office. Marriage doesn't look too busy but that could be because they allocate numbers earlier in the day.

Yeah, time to do some reconnaissance. I actually run off a visa for patronage of Thai family member. So the Marriage visa line is the same one. 

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:27 AM, BritManToo said:

Retirement extensions,

Who quoted you 27,000 Baht and what was that for and was that in CM?  Name and shame them with a quote here!

And who quoted 7,000 Baht?  That is lower than any quotes I have seen and again what for and can you show the quote please?

Edited by scottiejohn

20 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

There is no work load for us, its just photocopying the same stuff as everyone else does, I even re use the same photos (3 times now), the ballache is going to the bank and waiting for a statement printout.

for the staff, its just a menial task of sorting into 2 piles and getting you to sign every single page. easy really, but I am happy they are trying to put people off as it makes our queue shorter.

PS the carrier bag and the bottle of water are still together; incredible really isn't it?

My god, why aren't you suffering through the process like so many others.  That is just unfair?.

On 8/16/2018 at 11:11 AM, Lizard2010 said:

It will be interesting when Immigration goes back to the new building

Maybe everything might change

Who Know its always the unknown

Yeah, you'll have to queue up 48 hours ahead and park at the Airport Mall to boot.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2018 at 9:45 AM, holy cow cm said:

The agents are raping the retiree's as they see a stream of cash cows to milk as there is set income coming in for them every month and supposedly are to be well off. So no big deal to milk the cash cow. 7k - 20k is an extreme large amount of money to pay if that is what the set scale is at..

You don't seriously believe the agents get to keep all or even most of the fee, do you? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2018 at 8:33 AM, prism said:

Why would a marriage visa be more difficult (more processing) than a retirement visa?

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

Why would a marriage visa be more difficult (more processing) than a retirement visa?

I think for them it is more work , as they have to send details to BKK for authorisation. Hence you have to return 1 month later to get the actual stamp in your passport. Whereas they have the authorisation to give out retirement visas on the spot.

Also bear in mind some on marriage visas have obtained nationality which probably cuts the queue down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cmsally said:

I think for them it is more work , as they have to send details to BKK for authorisation. Hence you have to return 1 month later to get the actual stamp in your passport. Whereas they have the authorisation to give out retirement visas on the spot.

Also bear in mind some on marriage visas have obtained nationality which probably cuts the queue down.

And I thought that we are now on the internet age.

Can't they just verify online instead of going to Bangkok?