Disgraceful! Tourists doing the reverse splits at Ayutthaya ruins!

webfact

I am truly outraged.

When I went in April it was full of hordes of goons all dressed in traditional Thai stuff from that TV series, and guess what, they were standing all over the ruins trying to get the best photos. 

• Like 2

Seems  storm in teacup Thais dont take care of their ruins, anyway 

Now while i am here a little off topic but

A certain recent birthday means Thais cut grass in rural areas and seem to use it as a excuse to cut trees down!

However when the grass is cut you see the inordinate amounts of litter just strewn around now shredded  and spread around by Somchais strimmer

Do they now pick this up fro the birthday  OF COURSE NOT

Yes, stepping, climbing and walking on ruins might be bad and inapropriate behaviour. As said already Thais do it as much as foreigners.
On the other hand, has to keep to the topic. In this case two dumbnut probably human tourists, that again not bothered to find out how to behave respectful in a foreign country.
As for the other pictures with different poses, I can´t grasp why they would upset people. Maybe it´s time to understand that the world hasn´t been standing still since 1889. Wake up! It´s 2018!

Edited by Get Real
  • Like 2

There country, their rules.

Personally, I think it takes a true <deleted>yahoo to go to someone elses country and deliberately disrespect their rules, religion, culture or traditions.

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Anything to do with Buddhism in Thailand is considered a sacred cash cow and Ayuthaya is no exception

For the Thais, the only 'disgraceful' thing that happened, was that those foreigners didn't hand out cash-payments of 50 or 100 baht, otherwise it would have been perfectly fine. ?

• Like 1

I've visited many temple ruins over the years and in every case there are a number of people posing in various positions and climbing for photo opportunities.  In general they are Thai people.  Who are these 'netizens'?