Cm Air Quality

chiang mai

I don't know what it's like in the rest of the province but downtown CM is pretty smoggy right now, much worse than last year. It's difficult to keep the home clean, black dust accumulates very quickly. Just looking back at other posts on this subject I saw someone in Chiang Rai complaining about the "haze" in November and wonder what it can be attributed to. Yes I know the farmers in Laos and Myanmar burn their land at this time of the year but I doubt that can be even half the picture - anyone have any constructive or informed clues on this. Incidentally, driving down to Sukhothai from CM two weeks ago at night and the fields on both sides of the road were being burned, big time.

Sorry Meadish, I should have guessed I wasn't the first to raise this issue - it must be all the toxins eating away at my grey matter! :o

Not directly on topic but within the ballpark . . . .

What do TVers use at home, if anything, to clean the air? I've heard various thoughts on 'air scrubbers' air-con with HEPA air filters, humidifiers, ionisers, super-oxygenating house plants etc.

Does anyone have any good tips or gadgets to share? We have a newborn baby at home and also a three year old so this is an important issue to me especially as we have been struggling to keep up with all the visits to the doctor that this season seems to have required for various colds and respiratory problems that have hit our little girl.

JxP

Actually satellite imagery shows that just about all of SE Asia N of the equator is on fire at the moment. It seems to have started earlier than ever this year...

Well north I would suggest, since most of the area at or near the equator is in the peak of monsoons, with flooding reported in many areas