120 Km Long Cable Car Route For Chiang Mai Proposed

sriracha john

> That would be the best walkway ever! Imagine trying to get on it

Well quite obviously there'd be circular launch-ramps that would gradually bring you up to the required speed. :o

Or a hydraulic-ram - like on aircraft-carriers ?

Supersonic stretched tuk-tuks, now there's a thought, to boggle the mind ! :D

I know some of the Thai environmentalists who successfully shot down the proposed cable car for Doi Luang Chiang Dao and, earlier, Pu Kradung in Loei province. I asked what the obsession with cable cars seems to be. The answer was that there was a cabinet member with an interest in a foreign cable car company, and has been seeking a government contract in Thailand for some time. Of course, these days it's a new cabinet, etc, but perhaps it's the same person behind the latest idea. Can't say for sure though.

Perhaps this entire story is fiction.. Can't say for sure though.. :o

Not certain which story you mean. What I wrote is a true account of what was told to me by credible persons. But whether the people telling me so had the story straight I cannot guarantee. If you mean the current story of cable cars from CM to Pai, it may be fiction. But then truth is often stranger than fiction, isn't it? :D

I think the worlds longest roller coaster would be a better draw. Zooming through water falls,through caves, over happy hill tribes cheerily waving, by steaming hot springs and picturesque temples. I would gladly pay triple Thai for that!

did someone consult six flags, disney, universal on this???

someone must have woke up with some funky dreaming through the night. did someone mention cracks on the runway of suvarnabumi? imagine the 100 km of cables.

just not going to happen. TIT.

:

The last cable car I travelled on was from Singapore to Sentosa. I would think the distance was between one and two km and took around half an hour (this is based on faded memory so correct me at will). So for 120 km we are looking 30 hours minimum. Will they provide "in flight " entertainment and what about toilet facilities? Oh, forgot about those 30 p1ss stops.

I really hope it's a translation or terminology error. :o

Actually a high speed lift could get you there in about 6 hours. The longest high speed system I know is the Gondola running from Whistler village up to the top of the mountain, about a 5km run that takes about 15 minutes. So 120km should take between 6 to 7 hours of standing. The extrapolated number of support towers would be about 1500 towers grouped into about 48 primary segments, each with power stations. A one-way ticket should run slightly more than current roundtrip airfares from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Song.

But it could be fun too. Substitute some Thai stick for BC bud, substitute some Mae Khong for a case of High Test, talk about hookers instead of hockey, but piss out the door all the same, and, yea, it might be worth it with the right group of fellow travelers, unless of course the power were to go out and you were stuck in a metal cabin suspended some 30 meters above the ground in 40° heat with not enough beer to survive.