Tham Luang Cave: Interactive rescue show opens in Bangkok

webfact

Interactive rescue show opens in Bangkok

By Phatarawadee Phataranawik 
The Nation

ddaa8f661503ced368bb30532798682c-sld.jpg

Nation/Thanachai Pramarnpanich

The "mission impossible" of the Mu Pa footballer rescue from Chiang Rai’s Tham Luang Caves has been transformed into an interactive exhibition “Tham Luang Incredible Mission: the Global Agenda” opening today at Siam Paragon.

Hosted by the Culture Ministry, the mall’s Lifestyle Hall is converted into Tham Luang where the 12 boys and their coach was trapped for 19 days.

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam will preside over the show which runs until September 9.

The show is divided into seven zones covering the mission involving thousands of rescuers and volunteers of different nationalities.

The actual rescue equipment used in the operation is also on display.

Photography and media coverage is displayed. A bronze sculpture of Navy Seal Saman Kunan, who died during a diving operation inside the cave, is also on display.

There is the huge painting, depicting all the heroes, by national artist Chalermchai Kositpipat, and work by the sculptor Sarawut Khummoonchai and their teams.

Payao Governor Narongsak Osottanakorn, who was the rescue operations chief, Naval Special Warfare Command chief Apakorn Yukongkaew and Dr Pak Loharnchun recall the 18-day rescue operations at the exhibition opening.

Published by the National Archives, the ministry also launched a Thai-language book about the global rescue mission.

After closing in Bangkok, the show will tour the kingdom.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30352717

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-22

Story inspires as interactive cave rescue show kicks off at Siam Paragon

By PHATARAWADEE PHATARANAWIK 
THE NATION

c2ac9b7049802abc66ada58621a89e0f.jpeg

THE “mission impossible” of the Mu Pa footballer rescue from Chiang Rai’s Tham Luang cave has been transformed into an interactive exhibition, “Tham Luang Incredible Mission: the Global Agenda”, which opened yesterday at Siam Paragon.

Hosted by the Culture Ministry, the mall’s Lifestyle Hall has been converted into Tham Luang, where the 12 boys and their coach were trapped for 19 days.

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam yesterday presided over the opening of the exhibition, which runs until September 9.

13b1333b858e4be36937793d02cc1d0e.jpeg

“By learning from the exhibition, we will adapt these lessons from the globally united mission for solving other crises which might occur in the future,” said Wissanu.

He added that the Culture Ministry’s National Archive would document the facts and lessons, which were shared by the dozens of rescuers from various fields. Many of what has been learned is also on show at the exhibition.

The boys’ experiences in the 18-day rescue operation were shared at the opening by Phayao Governor Narongsak Osottanakorn, who was the rescue operations chief, Naval Special Warfare Command chief Apakorn Yukongkaew and Dr Pak Loharnchun.

Wissanu said HM the King Maha Vajiralongkorn had ordered the government to host an event to demonstrate its gratitude to the local rescue teams for the success of their tough mission, and also to those who took part from across the world. 

“About 8,000 rescuers are invited to join the event on September 8 at the Royal Plaza,” said Wissanu.

47ee32c762956ef89bafc60e255f805f.jpeg

The show at Siam Paragon is divided into seven zones covering many aspects of the mission that involved thousand of rescuers and volunteers of different nationalities and from throughout the kingdom.

The actual rescue equipment used in the operation is on display, along with photography and examples of the media coverage.

A bronze sculpture of Navy Seal Saman Kunan, who died during a diving operation inside the cave, is on display.

A print of a huge painting , by national artist Chalermchai Kositpipat, and a work by the sculptor Sarawut Khummoonchai, and their teams is also on show.

Published by the National Archives, the ministry also launched a Thai-language book about the global rescue mission at the kick-off event.

After closing in Bangkok, the show will tour the kingdom.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30352742

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-23

36 minutes ago, thaichiro said:

Another reason not to go to Siam Paragon. ENOUGH ALREADY!!

Agreed.  This should have been a permanent exhibit at a science museum.  It would be a good educational experience for Thai children to take periodic field trips to a real science museum.  Although I personally did not take up a career related to science, I spent an entire summer school session based around a science museum and it definitely created an interest which carried over to the traditional classroom.

On 8/23/2018 at 6:29 AM, Aussie999 said:

Ah, but not long ago, after foreign journalists interviewed one boy, that there was condemnation on making the boys relive their experience, but hey, now someone can make money, out of it, it seems ok.

Where does it say anywhere that they are charging for this exhibition?

15 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

So, do you honestly believe it will be free... well you are entitled to believe that, if you wish.

It also doesn't say it's free.

Yes, of course I believe it is free.  That's because a) I am not as cynical or negative as you, and b) because it is.  

How jaded and snooty do you need to be to imagine that they would be charging for such a thing?  

this isn't just some enterprising scheme don't forget!

it's a virtual mobile museum honouring those who helped out others in dire need... and this display is all being done By Order/Decree/Assent, from the very Top

7 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Yes, of course I believe it is free.  That's because a) I am not as cynical or negative as you, and b) because it is.  

How jaded and snooty do you need to be to imagine that they would be charging for such a thing?  

Just where did it say it was free?

11 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

Just where did it say it was free?

It doesn't in that particular article, but it is obvious that it would be free - it is an educational exhibition of an amazing ordeal that captivated the world, in which Thailand welcomed foreign help, and in which a Thai Navy Seal tragically lost his life.  And you really think they'd be charging for this?  Seriously?

Try Googling and you'll see it is free if you really need it in black and white.  It says so in several places (that can't be linked to).

9 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

So, do you honestly believe it will be free... well you are entitled to believe that, if you wish.

It also doesn't say it's free.

Free for Thais, 500 baht for foreigners lol

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

It doesn't in that particular article, but it is obvious that it would be free - it is an educational exhibition of an amazing ordeal that captivated the world, in which Thailand welcomed foreign help, and in which a Thai Navy Seal tragically lost his life.  And you really think they'd be charging for this?  Seriously?

Try Googling and you'll see it is free if you really need it in black and white.  It says so in several places (that can't be linked to).

Ah, so you accuse me of assuming something, but then you do the same thing, I think there is a WORD for that, now what could it be.....mmmm, wait I know HYPOCRITE.

I think you might even be a liar, I have "Googled" it, no mention of price, in fact if it did you would have given us the price.... Oh dear.

58 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

Ah, so you accuse me of assuming something, but then you do the same thing, I think there is a WORD for that, now what could it be.....mmmm, wait I know HYPOCRITE.

I think you might even be a liar, I have "Googled" it, no mention of price, in fact if it did you would have given us the price.... Oh dear.

Er.....I did give you the price - I told you it is free.  And wow, it's like being back in the playground with the all caps and the name calling.  I didn't assume anything, I told you it is out there on a simple Google search for you to see for yourself but the results can't be linked to (due to forum rules).  Here's an excerpt:

The "Tham Luang Incredible Mission: The Global Agenda" exhibition is organised by the Ministry of Culture. It will continue until Sept 9. There is no entrance fee. 

Or Google for: paragon cave exhibit entrance fee if you need to see the evidence for yourself, it's not hard to find - not sure why you failed.  Can't believe this has turned in to such a big deal, wow.  I never imagined I'd be called a liar for saying it is free - something so trivial, why would I even care to lie about that?  You need to get out more.  Maybe take yourself down to the exhibit.

I'm in a Govt museum myself, in a to-the-public presentation role;

and often the 'what is the cost?' comes up... 

'Free' is difficult for many to comprehend,

so I simply now say "it only costs a smile"

... even children can go with that ?

Archived