German far-right protesters clash with leftists after Chemnitz stabbing

webfact

1 hour ago, manarak said:

I don't support hate speech either.

About leftist divisive content it seems I am right - you don't recognize it as such.

It's easy to find though - look in any thread where the subject are rich people or money.

I was talking to matters related to the OP, asylum seekers / refugees, not matters related to wealth distribution in our societies.

3 hours ago, manarak said:

I don't support hate speech either.

About leftist divisive content it seems I am right - you don't recognize it as such.

It's easy to find though - look in any thread where the subject are rich people or money.

You can look at Facebook, they have both sides on forums like SPIEGEL ONLINE. But you have to be able to read German. 

Both sides - the left and the right - come together under the label of "anti-capitalism", which for them means "expropriate the ones that take money out of the country" 

Germany expats in Thailand might be their next target, so better beware.

8 minutes ago, Rigby40 said:

Seriously, can't you do any better than this? smh

You can search for more on YouTube. They’re pretty good at making a fool out of themselves and showing the world. Classic also when actually being asked serious questions or to explain their opinion. Their lack of arguments and the obvious low level of education is hilarious. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, simple1 said:

So far I haven't observed hard left propaganda on this forum. IMO Free Speech does not translate to the right for Hate Speech.

No use to ban Hate Speech from social media imo. Ban them and they go clandestine. The anthropological instinct of defending a territory against "invaders" is deeply rooted and even determines your way of perception  - and the German far-right know it. 

There's only one way to avoid the ultimate clash (and mutual killing): Make them get used to a multicultural and multiracial society. Force them to accept that universal human rights are universal - or... 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The rightwing argument regarding Merkel decision to allow in the refugees on Europe’s and Germany’s borders skips a couple of issues:

What caused these people to arrive at Europe’s borders and particularly did any other nation/government act in order to force the refugees towards Europe/Germany?

What were the alternatives to letting the refugees and the likely outcome of those alternatives?

Don't expect an answer to these questions from emotional right-wingers who pretend to be rational.

Another issue is that the decision by Germany to welcome refugees is not only driven by compassion. Germany has an insufficient birthrate and low unemployment rate. It simply needs immigration to maintain its position. And the war refugees often present the advantage of being skilled and educated, unlike the usual economic immigration that usually includes a large share of poor uneducated people.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, manarak said:

well, every political crowd has its favorite topics!

I can't imagine overly divisive leftist posts about refugees, in this regard it's difficult to be more leftist than what the government did, i.e. letting everyone in and giving them welfare from taxpayer's money.

So there is no point for leftists to make divisive statements about this topic - but this isn't a reason to pretend letists don't make divisive statements about other topics.

as you kindly provided a wikipedia link about far-right populism, you can find a few popular far-left topics here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-wing_populism

thanks for the link. 

24 minutes ago, blazes said:

Truly bewildering.  Where do you get the idea that the "war refugees" are better "skilled and educated" than the economic migrants??  You have Federal German govt statistics to prove this (surely ludicrous) point?

Rhetorical question, so no use answering.  Besides, the impending massive march of robots through the German factories will render totally needless all those "skilled and educated" refugees.

So in the same reply you criticize rethorical arguments and make yourself a purely rethorical statement. Lol.

A few facts:

- First, it depends on the country of origin:

"According to estimates by the German Agency for Labor from early 2016, less than half of the current refugees from Afghanistan, for instance, had more than elementary education, 27 percent did not have any form of formal schooling at all......Refugees from Syria are, by comparison, much better educated. More than 50 percent of Syrian refugees had at least secondary schooling, and 27 percent had some form of tertiary education, if not necessarily a degree."

- On average the level of education is not bad:

"In general, about one fifth of all current refugees from the top sending countries are estimated to have attended a higher education institution, and approximately two thirds have attended secondary school"

https://wenr.wes.org/2017/05/lessons-germanys-refugee-crisis-integration-costs-benefits

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You can search for more on YouTube. They’re pretty good at making a fool out of themselves and showing the world. Classic also when actually being asked serious questions or to explain their opinion. Their lack of arguments and the obvious low level of education is hilarious. 

I agree that interviewing individuals/groups on both sides of any protest always reveals far too many that are there because they believe in 'the cause' ☹️.

I'd add, that the young amongst them (frequently at college, making them mistakenly believe they are intelligent and knowledgeable....) are by far the worst offenders in this respect....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I agree that interviewing individuals/groups on both sides of any protest always reveals far too many that are there because they believe in 'the cause' ☹️.

I'd add, that the young amongst them (frequently at college, making them mistakenly believe they are intelligent and knowledgeable....) are by far the worst offenders in this respect....

Well nothing worse than believing in a cause, except perhaps being young and getting an education.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The robots are not coming for German manufacturing jobs, German factories are already highly automated.

The next technology revolution is Artificial Intelligence, this going to take white collar jobs.

The worker supply gap Germany faces is in the service industries and very specifically in care and welfare services.

Germany’s aging population needs looking after.

Immigrants will fill those jobs.

Good, we agree on something at last!  However, I don't share your confidence that service jobs will be sufficient to prop up the welfare state (not only of Germany) in the coming decades.

Ditto for the USA if the Democrats' version of European social democracy were to take hold in a country already close to bankruptcy....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blazes said:

Good, we agree on something at last!  However, I don't share your confidence that service jobs will be sufficient to prop up the welfare state (not only of Germany) in the coming decades.

Ditto for the USA if the Democrats' version of European social democracy were to take hold in a country already close to bankruptcy....

To be fair I never claimed service jobs would be sufficient to prop up the welfare state.

For that we need taxes.

Your arguments regarding Democrat plans for the US need some backup.

Perhaps the solidly rightwing Republican Party supporting Koch brothers can help you out:

https://thinkprogress.org/mercatis-medicare-for-all-study-0a8681353316/

3 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Well nothing worse than believing in a cause, except perhaps being young and getting an education.

You're deliberately missing my point - suprise, suprise.....?

To repeat - I was pointing out "that the young amongst them" i.e. the protesters are "frequently at college, making them mistakenly believe they are intelligent and knowledgeable.... are by far the worst offenders" for making fools of themselves when asked serious questions to explain their opinion.

They know nothing - as they frequently make clear in youtube videos of their 'explanations' as to why they are protesting....

• Like 2