Men-only Police Academy will ‘hamper’ probes into sex crime

webfact

6 hours ago, Antonymous said:

Following up on the recent Royal Thai Police’s new backward and egregiously misogynist policy of banging female applicants from the police cadet academy, the Not The TAT has announced at this opportune time the new authentic Tour Uncivilized Thailand (TUT TUT) programme, which will be available in Chiang Mai from 4 September and in other provinces shortly.

Day 1. Pick up from your hotel  at 08.30, the tour will begin with a visit to Phrasing police station, where 40yo Lt Busaba Tongpetch (affectionately known in the station as ‘Nong’ ) will serve you tea and clean the cups before clearing the desks of her 30 male senior police colleagues. She’s also known to be good at English translation and is an invaluable asset to the force.

Day 2-4 ... you can fill in the gaps.

Oh, you see it very clearly and I agree the full with you're view!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Think about how jealous most of the RTP officers are about the positions that the women officers fill! They seem to be slightly more honest and definitely more conscientious, what's more important they quickly become aware of brother officers "playing around" and, being Thai women just can't help letting the "wife" know! Basically, they don't want to share their ill gotten gains with anyone without a dick!!

Transgenders loom??  

On 9/3/2018 at 3:13 AM, webfact said:

“The victims are likely to be harassed by insensitive questions by male investigators, said Usa Lerdsrisuntad, director of the Foundation for Women and a member of the committee fighting against gender discrimination. 

While I agree with every sentiment regarding this banning, and how discriminatory and short-sighted it is, it seems everyone misses these little "double standards" that slip out. Stating that male investigators cannot be sensitive questioners is equivalent to stating women are not macho enough to be firemen. All that needed to be said, and is perfectly valid, is to state the obvious fact that a female victim of a sex crime is most likely to be more comfortable being questioned by a female officer.

The title of the article, "Men-only Police Academy will hamper probes into sex crime" suggests that the Thai police investigate sex crimes. I'm not convinced that's a sound assumption, unless of course a farang is the alleged perpetrator, which means there's money to be made. Of course, my use of "alleged" suggests that some form of due process would ensue following such allegations. Perhaps another stretch. That having been said, I'm not convinced that having Thai policewomen involved would have a significant effect on the overall process or outcome. Bottom line:  It's their country. They can do whatever they want.

Edited by dpspike