Video: Crushed! The perils of undertaking

rooster59

15 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Pick-up driver just another arrogant Thai fat head like so many others and an accident waiting to happen; see it every day on the roads.  Got what he deserved in my opinion.

MCOT took the cowards way out as you can't point fingers in Thailand unless you are a General who like to punch everyone in the mouth for reporting any 'truths' !

Where I come from HGV rides must check mirrors before changing lanes because mere drivers do sod all, we have to think for them...?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

DONT UNDERTAKE,your to blame if this happens.

The pickup was wrongly in the hard shoulder, the emergency lane, so was the truck. Equally to blame.
If on a normal road on a motorbike you are expected to undertake, i have actually been pulled over by the police for overtaking. Crazy! 

4 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

A deliberate, malicious act by the truck driver who was 100% to blame........That's <deleted> & YOU Know it,Did You pass a driving rest ??.....Errrr,NO You did NOT If you drive like that !!!

The hard shoulder is an emergency / motorbike lane, neither should have been in it.

So this is what my Thai wife was talking about.  Today I enter the freeway in the acceleration lane and use it to pass a truck the was traveling about 50 kph as I entered the highway.  I just accelerated up to speed in the lane that is a designated acceleration lane.  Wife is like: "Oh oh oh, this dangerous.  I see on Facebook!!!"  Needless to say wife doesn't drive.  Way different from what the aggressive driving idiots do who use the shoulder as a third lane because they are too impatient to drive with caution and consideration for other drivers.  TIT - which is why Thailand is the Number 1 Most Dangerous Roads in the World

6 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

A deliberate, malicious act by the truck driver who was 100% to blame........That's <deleted> & YOU Know it,Did You pass a driving rest ??.....Errrr,NO You did NOT If you drive like that !!!

Why, because they all drive like that in Nong Khai? You should appologize as the one you replied to is right.

And do stop those capitals please That's <deleted>

Edited by hugocnx
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

DONT UNDERTAKE,your to blame if this happens.

While one certainly shouldn't drive on the shoulder, it's pretty much impossible to not undertake because of the general lack of lane discipline. I once tried if I could not undertake for 10 minutes on the motorway for a test and it proved impossible. Always someone hogging the rightmost lane even on an empty road, no reaction from flashing lights. Back to slaloming around the cars even just to keep a speed of 120km/h. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

There you go again......The Truck Driver wasn't trying to run him off the road, The Pick up driver was at fault & Managed to do that himself....

The truck driver changed lane to the shoulder (probably for illegal parking) and had to give way to whoever is in the shoulder lane. He just didn't bother to look even having a rear camera. 

6 hours ago, Spidey said:

Yes, I took my driving test, here in Thailand. I also took my test in the UK, so personally, I have an aversion to undertaking.

You rubbished my post but offered zero evidence as to why.

BTW. I have driven quite a lot round Nong Khai and from what I saw, undertaking is the norm in your neck of the woods too.

They All talk shit ,,,,If the truck driver had his Left indicator on Before moving into the left, The ute is Wrong  if he didn't have his indicator on than the Truck is Wrong,,,,  One can overtake /undertake on an Multi lane H Way,,, 

• Like 1

Would be nice to see the picks perspective, but from what I see...

The truck driver seems to be starting to merge left once he was slightly ahead of that slow pickup driver, can't acertain if the signal was on. Kinda doesn't look that way from the rear cam though, however unsure if it's simply too bright to notice and also unsure if that's a valid argument, as signals should be clearly visible during daylight as well. Currently I'd assume the truck driver called the left lane "cleared to merge" after overtaking the slow pickup and didn't double check for the dimwit approaching, which he also had enough time to notice tbh regardless if that rear cams perspective is actually connected to a monitor or not.

Pickup drives and arrives like the <deleted> douche he is and most likely had enough information to make a correct decision to avoid the collision. At the very latest once he passed the slow pickup driver he should have noticed the most obvious left steering from the truck and backed off

I think if I had to rule on that, I'd heavy heartedly fault both, but most certainly would make sure to get that pickup driver for reckless driving, that was a ticking accident bound to happen.

9 hours ago, tifino said:

obviously the ute driver is normally riding motorbikes, and forgot he today has 4 wheels

In BKK they also drive like that...when i 'm on the left lane with the motocy they like to pass me with high speed at 20 cm distance....

But the police never does anything to stop it so it's pure Thainess.

8 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Really ?? So just like NOT Giving way to traffic from the RIGHT or ALREADY On a Roundabout.....

Traffic from the left has right of way. You're correct about the roundabout though, traffic on the roundabout has right of way.

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Everything about the aggressive way the pickup was being driving was an accident waiting to happen.

The Truck was simply keeping to the inside lane after the two roads merged.

100% the pickup drivers fault. I can't see anything in this video which could suggest even partial blame on the truck driver. 

You could throw in brain dead as a contributing factor.

???