Holidaymaker's warning after drink-spiking precedes abduction attempt in Phuket

rooster59

22 hours ago, robblok said:

Richard, i believe a lot of bad things happen in Thailand.. but I also believe there is a lot of fake news to cover up people's own failings. The black guy recently almost went down for rape of a UK woman and was cleared. So I don't believe everything because people have their reasons to report fake news.

You should know by now that, in Thailand, regardless of whether you commit a crime - any crime - a judicious application of a brown envelpe to the RP will make the issue go away.  It can easily turn the perpetrator into the victim.

W've all seen it many times.  To deny a much is either naive or wilfully condoning this practice.

Of course, you'll never convince the rose tinted brigade but then, you simply can't cure stupid!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, saminoz said:

a judicious application of a brown envelpe to the RP will make the issue go away.

I prefer justice Thai style, to justice UK style.

Woman (drunk?) goes somewhere alone with a man, has sex, regrets it later, I don't see a crime.

In Thailand,

If I keep my mouth shut and am not violent, the police ignore me, barring the occasional 200bht helmet fine.

Which is one of the reasons I'm here!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 1duckyboy said:

One unusual aspect of the HR manager's story is the hospital that treated her didn't do a tox screen for drugs. How would they know what to treat her for without a blood work? If they did blood work for alcohol they should have included a tox screen unless  . . .  TIT

Thai brains work differently than western brains.

43 minutes ago, soistalker said:

I'll bet the police will refuse to write a report on this.

Why should they several months old and where is the proof it really happen, If she was out how did she know it was a Russian who lured her away. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

If true and this was a human trafficking attempt, I'm assuming the destination was a boat? Like Crossy states, why the 2 year delay, definitely impacts credibility.

Did   I miss  something in the article? Where did it say  two years  ago?

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Why should they several months old and where is the proof it really happen, If she was out how did she know it was a Russian who lured her away. 

It was supposedly already reported it to the police at the hotel.  Right before the cousin instinctively runs through the streets of Patong where he just happens to see the second woman being forced into a taxi upon which he slams one of the Albanians up against a wall and then frees the two captive women from the car with the all the bad guys running away (including the taxi driver running away from his taxi)

The best line of the story...(and there are a lot of good lines) was where her fiancé (after the tuktuk unceremoniously dumps them on the front lawn of the hotel) breaks down and screams “Why did you bring me a dead fiancé”

052A9F91-3FDA-4D8D-B3AC-9B4C5501E4B8.jpeg

Edited by Airalee
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, robblok said:

Just to ride on the wave of bad news.. she probably got paid for the interview... I will not say anything about the rape, but when people fail to report or report long after the fact.. what do they expect to happen. 

Have somebody read the article to you.

"Her cousin arrived, so too the police. They took copies of passport photos of the missing women."

50 minutes ago, saminoz said:

You should know by now that, in Thailand, regardless of whether you commit a crime - any crime - a judicious application of a brown envelpe to the RP will make the issue go away.  It can easily turn the perpetrator into the victim.

W've all seen it many times.  To deny a much is either naive or wilfully condoning this practice.

Of course, you'll never convince the rose tinted brigade but then, you simply can't cure stupid!

I agree that this happens but its not as wide spread and it won't happen always. I have often been treated with respect by the police. 2 accidents that had me involved.. no bias because I was a foreigner.. no deviation of the rules. Just treated how i should be by the law. Of course the jaded people will tell you that never happens.

You can't bribe yourself out of all crimes plenty of examples about that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Have somebody read the article to you.

"Her cousin arrived, so too the police. They took copies of passport photos of the missing women."

I read the article, as it says the police got involved then what is the point of hashing it up ? Just riding on the wave of bad news and making a buck. Sorry unlike you I don't believe everything that was printed. The poor French black guy recently was almost locked up for rape.. but in the end that could not be proven. So yea.. I do believe people make false claims and I don't believe everything I read. 

I also believe that some things do happen, just a bit hard to know what is real and what is fake. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 10:40 AM, robblok said:

Richard, i believe a lot of bad things happen in Thailand.. but I also believe there is a lot of fake news to cover up people's own failings. The black guy recently almost went down for rape of a UK woman and was cleared. So I don't believe everything because people have their reasons to report fake news.

True, in this modern age a healthy dose of cynicism is required from both angles. 

That we're hearing of this news now is reason to remain skeptical, however, its not sufficient reason to suggest the reported events did not happen. We simply cannot know. 

Too much smoke and too many daggers has made us (the public) highly skeptical of any news to such a degree its almost impossible to believe anything. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 10:20 AM, Crossy said:

I'm sure Big Joke will be along shortly to find no evidence and label this as fake news.

One does have to ask, why wait nearly 2 years before going public with this?

Maybe she made this up after her fiance was asking why that she "Was Lured" away by the Russian ? Honest honey I must have been drugged or under a hypnotic spell >" 

On 9/9/2018 at 10:27 AM, robblok said:

Just to ride on the wave of bad news.. she probably got paid for the interview... I will not say anything about the rape, but when people fail to report or report long after the fact.. what do they expect to happen. 

I'm behind these words 100 % could not have said it any better 

On 9/9/2018 at 10:40 AM, robblok said:

#khoosong

I absolutely believe the story about being spiked as I once had a drink spiked in Amsterdam and then robbed. I simply stopped in a bar for one drink- went to the bathroom- and that was the last thing I remembered until found lying in a side street with no memory of what happened. The effects of the spiked drink were scary and lasted for about a week.  About $400 lighter- I never reported it to the police and got out of Amsterdam as quick as possible.

I do not think the girls were abducted for human trafficking. IMHO- I believe it was a kidnapping and attempted ransom.  If you read the whole story- the Russian man indicated that if the male fiance ever wanted to see the girls again- he should follow them. The girls do not fit the profile of trafficked women but the fact that there were Russians and Albanians involved does.

They did report it to the police when it happened but why the story is making the news now maybe the  Kho  Tao alleged rape which made international news.

I never forgot my drugging  and have a friend who lives long term in Thailand and was drugged by some 'ladies' outside Nana Plaza many years ago.

To this day- I always watch the person handling my beer open it and never leave the beer to go to the bathroom- I either finish it or take it with me.   I only drink mixed drinks in  bars that I know and have been before. It is amazing how paranoid something like this makes a person .

• Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 10:20 AM, Crossy said:

I'm sure Big Joke will be along shortly to find no evidence and label this as fake news.

One does have to ask, why wait nearly 2 years before going public with this?

BS Story!!! 2 years after it happens they report it??? If him reported it to the police the police would really had checked it. There are Farang Police Volunteers also who would had get the report. The police would had looked for the women. And 100% they had made a  bloodcheck in hospital after they found they. Also they had searched for the russian couple. 

A publicity searcher again.  

When I readed the following I asked myself, can it be that she don't know her own age? Early 30's or 23,24 is a big different. To much BS in this story. 

"Then in her early 30s, the holiday was a get-together before she and her fiancé emigrated from South Africa to New Zealand."

And more down in the articel:
"He usually knows where I am and his sister was 23, 24 at the time."