Local Police Openly Selling Yaba

Pilotman

Not sure I need the advice,  as  dont look and do nothing seems the sensible thing to do.   The local police in my wife's village is openly selling yaba to local dealers, actually its 3 cops that are involved.  It incenses me,  as it is the kids that they are targeting.  I don't want to bring anything bad on the family, but this drives me crazy.  Has anyone come across a similar situation and if so, did you do anything about it. My wife had confronted them, but they just told her to mind her own business. Wisely I think, she is doing just that 

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Please update us about your health regularly. Somehow I can't imagine you will have a bright future in that place.

What a weird comment !   Its my wife's village.  I don't live there and neither does she. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

19 minutes ago, Pilotman said:
23 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Please update us about your health regularly. Somehow I can't imagine you will have a bright future in that place.

What a weird comment !   Its my wife's village.  I don't live there and neither does she. 

How could I possibly get the idea that you and your wife live in your wife's village?

Does she own the village or why is it your wife's village?

I think it's obvious that you think about what you should do or better what you should not do about the police. And I guess your and your wife's health is one of the reasons why you probably won't report what is going on. That's reasonable, I understand.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2

22 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Then you should keep your nose out!

if your wife has already ' challenged them ' regards their activities, who are they going to blame as and when they are caught?

Also, if you and your wife do not live there, where do you think they will go and whose door will they knock on if they are unable to get hold of your wife?...........That's right, any of her close family or relatives living there!

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

You need to keep out of it or get 100% proof in the form of footage and hand it anonymously to the media and let them deal with it.

If you can get a video of them selling it I'd use a vpn to upload it to Facebook and let it go viral... ???? 

Reporting it to their boss might have no effect on the trade 

• Like 2

They are low ranked low level trash. Broom sweepers. Contact Crime Supression unit BKK only. Thai contact give the village and the pics of the 3 scum bags.

They will be in shackles soon. Mention kids and TV to the police. After the word TV. They will fire up

• Like 2

On 10/3/2018 at 5:49 PM, BestB said:

1111 but call from a payphone and do not give you real name as it may come to bite you in the back side.

The call must absolutely be in the Thai language! Otherwise, every foreigner in the area could be bitten in the backside!

• Like 1

Do absolutely nothing and forget about it, like all the other injustices you know about. The unfortunate thing is that your wife already challenged them. This means if ANYONE tips off the authorities, the cops WILL point the finger at wifey!!!

Edited by geronimo

You guys are so naive! You should understand by now how it works in Thailand. Every town has at 2-10 reggae bars that sell drugs. Like duh!  How do you think they can just do that? Who supplies them? 

Then poof! Some farang gets busted and you say well he should have know, too bad, for him etc.

Have you been to Malaysia? You think you can just ask the reggae bar in Penang and score some buds? No way! No Farang can buy drugs in Malaysia because there are none to buy.

What you see in this small town is just a close up of how it works in large towns.  You can report them and the other 100,000 reggae and rock and roll bars in Thailand.. They guys will just put down the phone and laugh.

Edited by Don Chance
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

You guys are so naive! You should understand by now how it works in Thailand. Every town has at 2-10 reggae bars that sell drugs. Like duh!  How do you think they can just do that? Who supplies them? 

Then poof! Some farang gets busted and you say well he should have know, too bad, for him etc.

Have you been to Malaysia? You think you can just ask the reggae bar in Penang and score some buds? No way! No Farang can buy drugs in Malaysia because there are none to buy.

What you see in this small town is just a close up of how it works in large towns.  You can report them and the other 100,000 reggae and rock and roll bars in Thailand.. They guys will just put down the phone and laugh.

what a sad commentary on social responsibility.  So your message is, it happens, so just ignore it?  Tell that to the kids it destroys. I am far from naive. I've seen things all over the world that made my hair curl, but ignoring this, from of all people, the police, is to support and encourage what we all rage about, corruption in LOS. 

8 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

what a sad commentary on social responsibility.  So your message is, it happens, so just ignore it?  Tell that to the kids it destroys. I am far from naive. I've seen things all over the world that made my hair curl, but ignoring this, from of all people, the police, is to support and encourage what we all rage about, corruption in LOS. 

You need to learn to read buddy! My message is that is the normal system in Thailand. That is what corruption is : strict laws that are easily circumvented.

You want to put your head in the fire? Go ahead.

• Sad 1

On 10/3/2018 at 6:12 PM, Pilotman said:

Well If you don't live there and either does she, then firstly how did she confront them? Secondly who gives a shit? Why do you care?

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2018 at 11:57 AM, Pilotman said:

oh, very socially responsible mate . My Thai family, with kids, live in that village .  Drug dealing  targeting young kids  should be everyone's business 

I'm with you Pilotman. Kids get wizzed up and then start stealing everything not bolted down in the village to buy more. Only you know if the police in question would be likely to point the finger at your wife. If it is not likely, then consider Crime Suppression in BKK.

Even if you decide it is too risky, at least you are giving a damn and your wife made a stand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, starky said:

Well If you don't live there and either does she, then firstly how did she confront them? Secondly who gives a shit? Why do you care?

Its not too difficult to  work out if you have an ounce of intelligence.  She was born and brought up there and funny old thing, she visits on occasion.  we have young family members in the village, that why we care. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Its not too difficult to  work out if you have an ounce of intelligence.  She was born and brought up there and funny old thing, she visits on occasion.  we have young family members in the village, that why we care. 

You are asking for trouble!

The young families in the village can go to the Poo ya baan or to the higher police themselves and are well aware of how to do it. Regardless, what you or anybody thinks, these lot up in the sticks, are not as green as they are cabbage looking!

The village survived and was functioning way before you arrived on the scene. If it all goes belly up, mark my words, they will all blame you and your woman for interfering. Don't think for a minute they will be looking up to you as a hero, for stamping out a problem, they will be annoyed that you have created a bigger one and then disappeared off to where you live!

And, just to add, your lady will know and be well aware of this and how these things get handled at a village level.

Why do you feel the need to involve yourself, or are you just busying your life up?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1