Thailand is too noisy - and the Thais themselves are fed up with it!

rooster59

1 hour ago, sweatalot said:

birthday parties, new house parties, wedding parties, village parties using rented high volume loudspeakers from many locations around, temple sermons and chants using high volume loudspeakers  ....

the mayor of th village making  announcements on loudspeakers every morning and night, convoys with loudspeakers ...

Early morning sellers in pick up trucks at 5am in Moobaan honking horns and speakers 

23 minutes ago, Mexlark said:

A lot of it is flat-out intimidation. Mental health problems are undoubtedly on the rise - both amongst those wannabes who create noise pollution, and those who suffer from it.

It reminds me of a mass shooting that occurred down South about ten years ago. (Not in an area usually associated with insurgency either.) A 52 year old local guy shot dead 8 people (1 also wounded). His neighbors had been deliberately taunting him for years with loud karaoke parties in the garden. They disregarded his frequent complaints. The dead included the householder - the woman director of the local hospital and several of her staff.

There have been quite a few shootings as a result of noise in recent months.

If i lived at the river in Kanchanaburi where those very loud partyrafts pass every minute i would have bought me a bazooka to get rid of them.

They kept me awake all night with their noise so i'll never go back to kanchanaburi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mexlark said:

I commiserate, as many years ago wild horses dragged me onto one of those rafts. Never again!

I actually like the idea of a party raft but it's only the music which is far too loud...and they even don't dance, just sit and drink...no speak.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Interesting : When felangs complain about anything , theres always a chorus of "This is Thailand , if you dont like it , go home . Dont complain about anything and dont try to change Thailand as its not your Country , dont come here and complain*

Now that Thais have voiced their disapproval about something , can we also voice our disapproval ?

I got the annual visit from the local health clinic a few months back. The subject of noise arose. The doc had obviously heard the same complaint from almost every house in the street. Naturally, he said he could do nothing about it - which was exactly as expected

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Interesting : When felangs complain about anything , theres always a chorus of "This is Thailand , if you dont like it , go home . Dont complain about anything and dont try to change Thailand as its not your Country , dont come here and complain*

Now that Thais have voiced their disapproval about something , can we also voice our disapproval ?

I am not a chorus, neither i would suggest you to go back to your country.

But i have to wonder at the number of people who choose to live in a city and complain for the noise.

Cities are noisy, not only in Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I am not a chorus, neither i would suggest you to go back to your country.

But i have to wonder at the number of people who choose to live in a city and complain for the noise.

Cities are noisy, not only in Thailand.

In most cases, it has something to do with work. But as you said, "If you know a better 'ole, go to it!"

image.png.9d5ed82a7fecfb3283c455a15acf8b42.png

Edited by Mexlark
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Yes , but my point was that some people feel that foreigners shouldnt complain about anything .

Since Thais complained about something , are we now allowed to also complain ?

ok, not me then.

I invoke the right to complain whenever i feel to.

I live on the ring road in Koh Samui and it's the wanna be boy racers with their scooters with modifications to the exhausts.

The biggest problem is they take so long to go pass..????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1