Video: Up to no good in Walking Street with knife, a meat cleaver and a gun

webfact

Video: Up to no good in Walking Street with knife, a meat cleaver and a gun

9pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Two men were seen by a tourist looking suspicious at the end of Soi BJ in Walking Street.

The tourist phoned the cops who soon had Somsak, 38, and Surachai, 35, in custody.

They had with them a meat cleaver, an imitation gun and an Itoh knife, reported Sanook. 

They had just been let out of the cells at Pattaya police station the day before. 

They had been in on drugs charges. 

They were lying in wait to "have a word" with the motorcycle taxi guy who snitched on them in the first place. 

They were heard to utter many times on the We Love Pattaya video: Ay Hia, Ay Hia (Water monitor - a Thai swear word). 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-10

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

2 honest butchers going about their business,{snipped} You can tell they are professional butchers by the colour of their T-shirts. No doubt now, the guild of butchers and meat cleavers will be lodging a complaint with the local plod for delaying 2 of their members whilst they were going about their business.

Absolutely.

Red has always been used in the butchery business, so that after one animal is humanely killed, the next one doesn't panic, as it cannot see the blood on a red T-shirt.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

2 honest butchers going about their business, the gun was to shoot the animal humanely, the large knife was for stabbing monitor lizards (they mentioned that a few times) and the large nasty looking cleaver was simply to have a few words with the taxi driver, as its that large it can probably speak and owns a small village just outside of Pattaya and 2 water buffalo. You can tell they are professional butchers by the colour of their T-shirts. No doubt now, the guild of butchers and meat cleavers will be lodging a complaint with the local plod for delaying 2 of their members whilst they were going about their business.

Good one...good post...haha

Going to "have a word" was it? Me thinks there was more in mind than just a word.???? Not sure how the Thai legal system works but surely... I say surely if they were only released the day before then they will be locked up until trial and not released on bail. Clearly there is intent to cause bodily harm to a witness in a previous case but TIT!

4 minutes ago, rtco said:

Either I'm colour blind or the video was crap because what I see is Orange !!!

I couldn't swear the pantone colour, I didn't see the video, just the image at the top of the page. Perhaps a colour-blindess test. I thought I made a mistake once before, but that turned out to be an error.

7 minutes ago, BenBen23 said:

Pattaya seems safer to me than San Francisco, New York, New Orleans and Los Angeles. Maybe I'll regret saying it but I feel pretty safe getting around Pattaya at night. Constantly being pulled over is annoying but the police are a lot nicer than I am accustom to. Other westerners seem like the most dangerous people on the street to me. Perhaps I have low expectations. 

Pattaya is much safer than most western cities. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

2 honest butchers going about their business, the gun was to shoot the animal humanely, the large knife was for stabbing monitor lizards (they mentioned that a few times) and the large nasty looking cleaver was simply to have a few words with the taxi driver, as its that large it can probably speak and owns a small village just outside of Pattaya and 2 water buffalo. You can tell they are professional butchers by the colour of their T-shirts. No doubt now, the guild of butchers and meat cleavers will be lodging a complaint with the local plod for delaying 2 of their members whilst they were going about their business.

Close. Should have said rat hunting for meat for food cart. Gun to scare the rat into freeze posture, cleaver to chop up after skinning with knife.

47 minutes ago, Media1 said:

It's a bit of a gamble in all respects 

Much less of a gamble than Chicago, London etc etc. I live in Pattaya because although its a late night city it is very safe. Sensational headlines rarely reflect the reality on the ground.