Illegal foreigners and over stayers rounded up in Pattaya sweep

webfact

Illegal foreigners and over stayers rounded up in Pattaya sweep

3pm.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

Chonburi immigration joined forces with the Pattaya tourist police and raided hotels, rental properties, guest houses and apartments yesterday looking for illegal foreigners and people who had overstayed their visas. 

The continuing action is under the auspices of Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan's "Operation X-Ray Foreigner" crackdown, reported Pattaya News. 

The sweep resulted in the arrest of five Burmese and one Indian who had entered Thailand illegally. 

One Russian and two Indians were found to have overstayed their visas. 

Two Indians were working illegally. 

No one was named and the extent of the overstay was not mention in the report on Facebook.

Six of those arrested appeared in a line-up at the police station. 

Source: Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-12

11 minutes ago, Pdavies99 said:

The issue is...when will all this end...and what next?

Income verification appears to be changing, what is next there?

I'm sorry but i feel that Thailand would rather not have long term retirees etc living in THERE country.

Guess they want foreigners to adjust their lifestyle and rather contribute to Thailand than to themselves only. This is probably done to avoid envy among the natives. 

This might end when average Thais are not poorer than Farangs anymore. 

57 minutes ago, Pdavies99 said:

The issue is...when will all this end...and what next?

Income verification appears to be changing, what is next there?

I'm sorry but i feel that Thailand would rather not have long term retirees etc living in THERE country.

Got to make room for the Chinese zero dollar tourist.... 

• Like 1

"The sweep resulted in the arrest of five Burmese and one Indian who had entered Thailand illegally"

Great success! FIVE Burmese, what a catch!

Officers posing proudly, like hunters posing with dead animal trophies. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Wasnt there a huge clampdown recently ?

With many Chinese hotels, travel agencies , tour buses all get closed down , convisgated and Chinese people involved getting arrested and deported ?

Yes there WAS....Bali Hi pier and Walking Street and boats to Koh larn are crawling with flag following Chinese groups....Independent travelers dont follow flags...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Yes there WAS....Bali Hi pier and Walking Street and boats to Koh larn are crawling with flag following Chinese groups....Independent travelers dont follow flags...

We are talking about "zero baht Chinese tourists" , we are not talking about Chinese tour groups .

Do you know the difference ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

the continuing action is under the auspices of Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan's "Operation X-Ray Foreigner"

Or as they also call it "operation farang out" . 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, balo said:

That's where you are wrong my Danish friend. 

Plenty of honest farangs over 50 here with an income of X than 65000 baht per month and can not afford 800k locked up in a bank account for 3 months. 

If the visa agents stop offering their retirement services , even the good guys have to return . 

And you can have a decent life in Thailand on 50k per month , as we all know. 

Why do you need 65k pr months 

and why do you need 800k in bank

I think you referring as pensonist because normal jobs you will get better salary and can't stay long time because you need working..  

If you are on pension from Europe you can't stay all year any way that is a rule from meny countries in Europe but you can max be outside Europe for 180 days pr year 

And I not from Denmark sorry but I have friends in Denmark and they say they can only go Thailand 2times 2months pr year when on pension so I really can't see the problem 

And yes people can live a decent live with 50k but as meny farangs forget 

Insurance in Thailand

Driver licence 

just a example 

3 hours ago, balo said:

That's where you are wrong my Danish friend. 

Plenty of honest farangs over 50 here with an income of less than 65000 baht per month and can not afford 800k locked up in a bank account for 3 months. 

If the visa agents stop offering their retirement services , even the good guys have to return . 

And you can have a decent life in Thailand on 50k per month , as we all know. 

Thailand do not want you to just have a decent life... they want you to splurge... not counting your pennies. They have plenty of that from the migrants from the poorer neighbouring countries. After all they regard farangs as being relatively wealthier thus paying more for better lodging, food and entertainment. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Why do you need 65k pr months 

and why do you need 800k in bank

I think you referring as pensonist

I think you should read the latest news about immigration and Big Joke before you comment.  

Yes I am over 50 and the requirements are 800k in the bank or 65k monthly if you are not married to a Thai . 

My income is around 55 to 60k per month which means I do not qualify.