Yet more confusion over the removal of Income Certification Letter for British expats

rooster59

2 minutes ago, Exploring Thailand said:

Agreed.  This is from the BKK website.

image.png.bf87832fdeaa7c2acf22eeae09c4740e.png

This is a form given to me by an Immigration Officer in the BKK Immigration office.

image.png.63a51249860cca2d2a46129d89adfedd.png

Someone on the other thread said that these are the requirements for converting to a non-O from another visa (tourist or 30 day stamp I assume); I don't know but that is what it seems to say at the top of the form. Does anyone have the equivalent for the marriage extension (and the retirement if it is indeed different to the above)?

• Like 1

Just now, Just1Voice said:

Wrong!  The US Embassy and Consulate issue Income Verification letters. 

Is the US letter a letter written and signed by the consulate or an affidavit signed by the citizen ?

12 minutes ago, TeaMonkey said:

Still the question of why it is only why it’s only the British Embassy taking this action as the others do not do anything different. 

I doubt it will be the last - if the Embassies are being honest.  Most embassies do NOT have the ability to verify income letters "verifiably" for anything other than government pensions.  There are other government agencies that can verify some information (such as CRA - Tax agency in Canada - but this information is not available to other government agencies).  If Thailand accepted proof in the form of a sworn affidavit -- then it would be possible but it is Thailand that is changing the requirements without enough consultation with what is possible.  

perhaps a large group of UK expats (100 or so) can show up at the main immigration office at the same time demanding clarification now so you can start your preparations to leave Thailand. Tell them you speak for a quarter million other expats who need to leave due to these requirements which cannot be met without a letter from the UK embassy. 

At least they can just smile and start back peddling in private.       

• Like 1
  • Sad 1