Thais scream outrage as foreigners wear "Thai flag" on their feet!

webfact

Yet they don't howl in phony offense when Thais wear USA, England and myriad other flag designed clothing on their asses, as well as footwear. Or all the rude, crude and crass T-shirts with the "eff" and "cee" words, violence and sex, (All with which I have no problem, btw). :biggrin:

Thais are such phony hypocrites and crybabies. So easily offended. So sensitive and thin skinned. Just gotta laugh! :bah:

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 1

Of course those colours are also on the French flag (amongst many others), I guess those “angry” people in thailand don’t know there is a world outside of thai boundaries. Of course, it’s ok for thai ladies to dance semi naked wearing starts and stripes or Union Jack G strings, nothing wrong with that :-)

• Like 2

On 10/16/2018 at 8:17 AM, akirasan said:

Thai flag or French?

The french who see their own flag in here ,must be thinking they own thailand .red ,white, bleu ,white, red ,is that the french flag ?? And the french flag is not horizontal stripes,so it would be the dutch flag if its another flag then the thai , but this is clearly the thai flag ahiasan , sorry akirasan my mistake i saw something else when i read you name .

2 minutes ago, toenail said:

Thais should find it more offensive when they sit at restaurant cross legged itching their feet then touching their food. Why isn’t this considered not polite? 

As long it's their own food I will look the other way, or when something interesting is on show because of the scratching I will not look the other way.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Emdog said:

My experience has been that Russian women (some quite hot) like to wear USA flag style bikinis. I have been tempted to ask to see their passports, and if not USA, then demand they surrender my flag. Immediately.

Rarely do Americans wear US flag items. We have enough problems as it is....

First time I came to Thailand, at the nightmarket I bought a polo shirt with 'Stars & Stripes' on it. Then several locals asked me whether I was American... - Only Thais walk around with shirts emblazoned with their own national flag. ????

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 2

I'm amazed at the over kill plus incorrect usage of the British Union flag within Thailand.

Should British citizens consider the missus of the British Union flag offensive or insensitive?

Yet another pathetic and negative response to something very unimportant.

I for one think the shoes look nice.

Thais should maybe consider it as a compliment.

14 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Ever seen those American birds in US-Flag Bikini and mono-mini outfits? 

Completely illegal in the US to put the Flag on clothes (unless a patch on a Military, Police, Fire etc Uniform)

It is Chapter 1 of Title 4 of the United States Code (4 U.S.C. § 1 et seq). This is a U.S. federal law, but the penalty described in Title 18 of the United States Code (18 U.S.C. § 700) for failure to comply with it is not enforced.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered the Foreign Ministry and concerned agencies to look into fashion footwear from Paris incorporating the colours of the Thai flags into its design

Ahhhh, dear PM - it's incorporating the colors of the French flag into fashion footwear.  You don't see the French getting their kickers in a twist. 

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered the Foreign Ministry and concerned agencies to look into fashion footwear from Paris incorporating the colours of the Thai flags into its design, after it caused outrage among some social media users.

“But I don’t know what and if we can do,” said General Prayut on Tuesday. “We have the National Flag Act to enforce but the colours [red, white and blue] are universal.” 

????

38 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Completely illegal in the US to put the Flag on clothes

It is Chapter 1 of Title 4 of the United States Code (4 U.S.C. § 1 et seq). This is a U.S. federal law, but the penalty described in Title 18 of the United States Code (18 U.S.C. § 700) for failure to comply with it is not enforced.

18 USC 700 was struck down in 1990 on first amendment grounds.  Therefore it is not "completely illegal" to use the flag on clothing.  See United States v. Eichman.

Also, from the 2008 Congressional Research Service Report for Congress: The United States Flag: Federal Law Relating to Display and Associated Questions

"Thus, the Flag Code does not prescribe any penalties for non-compliance nor does it include enforcement provisions; rather the Code functions simply as a guide to be voluntarily followed by civilians and civilian groups."

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered the Foreign Ministry and concerned agencies to look into fashion footwear from Paris incorporating the colours of the Thai flags into its design, after it caused outrage among some social media users.

“But I don’t know what and if we can do,” said General Prayut on Tuesday. “We have the National Flag Act to enforce but the colours [red, white and blue] are universal.” 

????

What you can do is busy your life up with more important issues and stop trying to micro manage everything!

1 hour ago, Sonhia said:

I'm amazed at the over kill plus incorrect usage of the British Union flag within Thailand.

I am amazed at the Thai websites that use an incorrect image of the Stars and Stripes to select the English language option, don’t they know anything ? Good thing that I am not a Thai netizen, or I would be so outraged that I would have to boycott Homepro for a start.

Edited by MikeN