Fibre comparision (AIS, TRUE, 3BB

thainet

Post removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

On 10/20/2018 at 11:35 PM, janclaes47 said:
On 10/20/2018 at 11:18 PM, tropo said:

CAT owns the international gateway infrastructure, so what I get is as good as any of the others will get.

No they don't

Yes, they do. It's a state-owned firm that has total control of all International gateways. That should be obvious - i.e. that the government controls all international gateways. The other companies lease from CAT, or the government, if you wish.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Corporate/30334156

23 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

image.png.55f830392530c19375d4f11155d7777c.png

You missed the point. The point was that a fast service will not improve your speed to international servers as it is being controlled by your ISP (3BB in your case). 

This is what I got just now from a 300/300 service:

A bit lower than your upload, and higher on the download, but still insignificant compared to 300/300. speedtest.jpg.168a7a3cefaf4c0ed4edf315b15cae34.jpg

17 hours ago, tropo said:

Yes, they do. It's a state-owned firm that has total control of all International gateways. The other companies lease from CAT.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Corporate/30334156

Every ISP in Thailand owns his own international gateway.

Because CAT invest heavily in international connections doesn't mean there are no other international gateways available.

http://internet.nectec.or.th/document/pdf/210908080401.pdf

image.png.d5661d97cfe21b21764375f1005bda67.png

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

You missed the point. The point was that a fast service will not improve your speed to international servers as it is being controlled by your ISP (3BB in your case). 

This is what I got just now from a 300/300 service:

A bit lower than your upload, and higher on the download, but still insignificant compared to 300/300. speedtest.jpg.168a7a3cefaf4c0ed4edf315b15cae34.jpg

The one who is missing the point is you.

My point was that you claimed that the 6 Mbps upload to UK you registered was as good as it gets, because you were on CAT and CAT owns the international gateway.

The fact that I get double that upload speed on 3BB to the very same server on the same speed test site, proofs that 3BB has it's own gateway.

I don't get much over 6 Mbps upload to London even with a very fast package. I've tested (CAT Fiber) 100/50, 100/100, 200/200, 300/300

CAT owns the international gateway infrastructure, so what I get is as good as any of the others will get.

10 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

No it doesn't help me at all, maybe try to read my post again.

But as you seem to be the expert probably, or most probably not, you can tell us all where mbs comes into the picture when we are talking about data transfer,

At the same time you can also educate us all how many Mbps translates to 12 mbps.

No need for more copy and paste from websites.

Not sure where mbs comes into the picture. Could mean Megabits or Megabytes. But here we need the "ps" meaning "per second". That is the data transfer rate per second.

The translation of Mbps to MBps is done by dividing by 8 as there are 8 bits to a byte. This is all roughly because it starts to get a lot more complicated when adding compression and caching. 

16 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Thanks for the PDF. I concede I was wrong, as the information I was using was old.

This is the part that might have explained it better:

NBTC regulates the Internet gateway sector by licensing gateway operators of which the second group has had 13 licensees offering NIX and IIG services, raising the number of service providers in this field and cutting their operating costs by allowing their direct links to overseas, skipping a previous requirement to lease Internet gateways from the local monopoly, thus promoting competition and increasing options of linking to foreign networks, as follows:

Archived