Now Open! Terminal21 Pattaya, New Shopping Destination in the Heart of Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, grego49 said:

So the foodcourt will be full of Russians and Chinese,great,just like Central plaza.

The food court in terminal 21 in Bangkok is possibly the best value in the tourist area's in town it's great and mostly used by the locals, I shall be there if I am shopping.malls are a bit like roads build them and people will use them and anything that keeps the hoards and their cars and buses in one avoidable area is brilliant.

2 hours ago, poanoi said:

big shopping malls = lotsa walking so it aint for me,

but i hope bangkok & north pattaya traffic-ants

keep to 21 instead of clutter up south pattaya even more

Good point, hopefully they won't put even more taxis on the road !!!

I have been twice now another thing about this place is the girl watching.

Central has always been pretty good but the T21 I think every hot girl in town has been visiting the place.

Mostly wearing sexy walking around.  

Unbelievable, worth an hour or so for me just for the show. ????

• Like 1

I've heard Robinson is coming to the Darkside, somewhere N of the lake.

Yesterday I drove my old junk to T21. It only took 10 minutes from Sukhumvit Road 7 exit to T21 along Pattaya Nua Road at 12:45. Not bad. When I got there the parking entrance was blocked..it was full. A lot of cars looking for parking. The vicinity was a big circus.

I went to Hilton Central Festival instead. Parking there was empty above 5 1/2 floor. A lot less crowded than usual Saturdays.

Edited by Thailand J

12 hours ago, newnative said:

You obviously weren't at the T21 opening yesterday.

I was caught innocently going about my business and lost two hours of my life on Pattaya Nua.  I will  certainly never go there.  It may well mean the worst designed car-park in the world at Central Festival has more spaces.  Maybe the Hilton could be persuaded to give up a floor of hogging empty spaces?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I was caught innocently going about my business and lost two hours of my life on Pattaya Nua.  I will  certainly never go there.  It may well mean the worst designed car-park in the world at Central Festival has more spaces.  Maybe the Hilton could be persuaded to give up a floor of hogging empty spaces?

Yes, total zoo. Huge event and I didn't see any evidence of advance planning by the Pattaya police to try to manage the traffic better, even though they knew for months the grand opening was the 19th.  I actually only saw 1 Pattaya cop the whole time, standing by Dolphin Circle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thailand J said:

When I got there the parking entrance was blocked..it was full. A lot of cars looking for parking. The vicinity was a big circus.

You can park in the nearby sois up Naklua rd, and just walk . No big deal. 

22 hours ago, TheGhostWithin said:

Where  is this, another awful mall? I will be visiting Pattaya briefly next month, and would love to avoid the place.

Thailand is all about the street stalls, keep the overpriced, cold shopping malls elsewhere. 

Not true with the food court.  Food stall prices in the comfort of air con.  No bugs or rain.  Don't need to wait till the sun goes down.

Edited by lapd

Today is one of the worst traffic days I have seen.

The rain and T21 are part of it traffic jams everywhere.

Sukhumvit road from the north to south is backed up big time many people trying to turn right on Nua I assume to go to the mall.  Nua from Sukhumvit all the way to the Doplhin circle bumper to bumper...

13 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Today is one of the worst traffic days I have seen.

The rain and T21 are part of it traffic jams everywhere.

Sukhumvit road from the north to south is backed up big time many people trying to turn right on Nua I assume to go to the mall.  Nua from Sukhumvit all the way to the Doplhin circle bumper to bumper...

I will guess that today will be as bad as it ever gets. The novelty will slowly, but surely, wear off.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, newnative said:

Yes, total zoo. Huge event and I didn't see any evidence of advance planning by the Pattaya police to try to manage the traffic better, even though they knew for months the grand opening was the 19th.  I actually only saw 1 Pattaya cop the whole time, standing by Dolphin Circle.

Unfortunately it seems Pattaya police have been following the other TV thread about T21 preparing to open, filled with so many people saying they hate shopping centers, so they assumed no-one would turn up...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

The OP posted a poster of Foodland having a "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" until the end of the month. Does that mean any item bought at Foodland you get that same 2nd item for free?

Probably aimed at the Chinese - buy one meal, get the other free.

12 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Probably aimed at the Chinese - buy one meal, get the other free.

I've seen some deals posted on signs in some shops in BKK that are in Chinese for the Chinese. Why only give the Chinese special deals and not allow the other nationalities to get promo deals? Totally stupid...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I've seen some deals posted on signs in some shops in BKK that are in Chinese for the Chinese. Why only give the Chinese special deals and not allow the other nationalities to get promo deals? Totally stupid...

Depends on what the product is. Have you been to ShowDC in Bangkok. It's a shopping centre that gets lots of tour groups from Korea and China. Many items only Chinese would be interested in. There's one shop the size of a small supermarket with what must be one of the biggest selections of dried and preserved fruit in Thailand. Chinese tour groups buy bags and bags of the stuff to take home.

Here's a pic with some offers in Chinese and English. Don't know about you but I can't see very many westerners buying this.

ShowDC_.JPG.8796c17dac9ae0548966e5d93865ae65.JPG