arrest warrent?

2 months ago i got a phone call from a guy who claimed to  be from  the police and said i had a arrest wareent against me... (i did check the phone number he called from was really a police station in bangkok) and said i need to come see them..

anyway i ignored this and totaly forgot about it.

today i whent to immigration to extendt my non o by 60 days, in and out in 15 minutes.

so if this arrest story was true should there nothing in immigration system to arrest me? 

20 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Local immigration wouldn’t necessarily know about an arrest warrant. But you could well be stopped at the border from leaving the country. I suggest you contact the police and sort the problem out.

how so?

afaik they need to enter my info in the system to extend my stay or not?

secondly if this was true why police not show up, my location is the same for 5.years and i reported my locattion on entry and even once for certificate of residence

21 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The police and immigration systems are not directly linked. But the police do regularly update immigration at the borders with people they don’t want to leave the country.

You might be able to leave without a problem and then be arrested on your way back in.

There is no point speculating. You need to contact the police to sort out the problem, or make plans in case you’re arrested leaving the country.

i forgot to mention, 2 weeks after this call i left to savanakhet and back 2 days later...

so i think it's fake.

thanks for all the replys

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ttechguy said:

sounds fishy, if arrest warrant police come to you

That's a non-Thai construct. I have lost count of the number of higher-profile, native-born miscreants that are publicly afforded as much time as they need before coming in to face the music. That includes foreigners with a bit of filthy lucre.

I imagine it was not a warrant to arrest but that the police wanted to talk with you abut something and for whatever reason they called you.  Normally they would send you a letter requesting you visit them at a specific time to talk about a matter which could be anything from accusations about an alleged crime you're involved with or something you witnessed or even that you could be a victim of a crime unknowingly.  That they telephoned you suggests to me it is not that serious as normally they send a letter by registered post requesting you meet them.

Could it be an issue lost in translation and it's not an arrest warrant as such, rather they wish to speak to you about something and for whatever reason (lack of evidence, for example) they cannot compel you to go.

FWIW, I disagree with people who suggest you meet and police and get it sorted.  I'd do nothing, but I would keep in the back of my mind that there could be a problem entering / exiting the country in future.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, mstevens said:

FWIW, I disagree with people who suggest you meet and police and get it sorted.  I'd do nothing, but I would keep in the back of my mind that there could be a problem entering / exiting the country in future.

You would rather face potential problems at the border than make a phone call or visit to the police to fix the problem! The rest of your post made sense.

7 hours ago, elviajero said:

You would rather face potential problems at the border than make a phone call or visit to the police to fix the problem! The rest of your post made sense.

That is now what I said at all.  If I was going to go along to see them I would do so with a lawyer, but if one does not believe they are implicated in any crime then why should they?

I would just forget it. If your innocent you got nothing to worry about. 
If innocent there is nothing to worry about if he goes to the police station. Peace of mind and all that.

In Skype you can set it to display a number so you can't always rely on the number being displayed is accurate
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, balo said:

I would just forget it. If your innocent you got nothing to worry about. 

Astonishing answer from a people knowing Thailand like you, innocent or not has nothing to do with a possible problem with the police.         This afternoon I saw a TV show where they talked about the number of people to whom police put Yaba in the house motorbike or anywhere because at the time they had to find a certain number of drug offenders, when they did not find enough, they choose a few people, telling them if you do not agree and sign the confession we'll kill you. The police involved threatened to smother them with a plastic bag on their head. If I had not seen it myself this afternoon with the witnesses who have served time in prison for nothing and the lawyer who has been handling this case for nine years I would not have believed it was possible. 

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
6 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:
Someone calls and says there's an arrest warrant out for you and you just forget about it? Really. I wonder how many of us would do that. Troll, methinks.

Its quite feeble to resort to calling someone a troll

What term would you use to describe someone who says he forgot there is a warrant out for his arrest? It really does stretch the imagination, doesn't it?