Pattaya moves to protect rebuilt beach from storm damage

Rimmer

Pattaya moves to protect rebuilt beach from storm damage

image.png

PATTAYA:--Having demolished 12 sections of sidewalk along Pattaya Beach to relieve Beach Road flooding, Pattaya officials are now looking to mitigate the damage to the sand-restoration project those openings have caused.

Mayor Sonthaya Kun­plome chaired an Oct. 16 meeting with the Marine Department and city officials to examine how to avoid undercutting the work being done to expand the beach and add new sand.

Throughout rainy season, torrents of water have poured down Beach Road sidestreets and onto the sand. To drain Beach Road faster, the city opened 12 spots on the footpath to let water drain onto the beach.

At the same time, Pattaya is spending 600 million baht to add new sand, which then gets cut out and carried into the sea by the storm runoff.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-moves-protect-rebuilt-beach-storm-damage-227919

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-10-26

They will never listen or learn, but on the other hand it's a good way for money in the pocket again and again.

When will the anti corruption start to handle this case and not only look into it.

3 hours ago, champers said:

I have noticed that the new sunken parts of the promenade do not align with the sois coming from 2nd road. These sois carry down huge amounts of water, which still has nowhere to go. Very odd.

Stop approaching the issue with logic.

We all know that just makes our head hurt worse than a night on the lao khao.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Vacuum said:

LOL. Does anyone know who got the contract for delivering this sand?

A friend of a friend of a friend who has a high ranking friend of a friend of a friend Oh! what the hell you know how it goes. 

• Haha 1

Do what they have done at Bang Saray ... built an 8' wall and you now have to climb down onto the beach via a series of strategically placed boulders or on some rickety wooden steps. Completely ruined what was quite a nice beach.

44 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm sure the farang tourists will get the blame soon - if only for taking home a sample of Pattaya's wonderful beach to appreciate in a glass bottle on the shelf as a momento of a fabulous holiday location. 

Does that go with the "I swam with the turds in Pattaya" t-shirt?

However, i think the restoring of the beach makes a lot of "pocket money" to many of those who are involved and should look after proper done work that lasts for years and not only for weeks.

but as nobody of taxpayers in this country stand up against the stupid government employees and responsible ones nothing will change as i said before: nobody want to ruin the money making machine!!!!!!!1

there is no way they can tackle this problem in a climate with monsoon-like rains which causes the flash floods. They built too many buildings without infrastructure, paved streets and asphalted  roads in the entire city during the last decade and the rain has no where to go but the beach rd and onto the sand sweeping everything in its way into the ocean.

Now with almost no green area for the rainwater to be soaked in, it's accumulating  on sois, turning each into concrete rivers  flowing down towards the beach

Edited by pattayadude
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2018 at 1:37 AM, BigBadGeordie said:
On 10/26/2018 at 1:15 AM, NCC1701A said:

MORONS!

I think you over estimate their intelligence!

As a Clinical Psychologist, may I state that BigBadGeordie is incorrect.  In the 20th Century, related categories to IQ scores were different from now.  During that time the bottom three were MORON, IMBECILE, and IDIOT.  If you ever listened to the GOON SHOW, in one episode Eccles comments that he is next in line to become the village idiot knowing he could not get any lower on the totem pole so to speak.

'nuf sed

• Thanks 1