Chaturon warns govt against arresting rap group

rooster59

44 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The government and police threatened legal action against the group, saying it published false information online, damaging the country.

Trumpet had Kanye West in the W H recently cursing n'all .. Why don't Chair P do likewise listen to what they gotta say .. 

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

PS the song is called 'Prathet Ku Mee' (Which is My Country) not as above. 

Yeah...I’m not sure where they get the “F....ing” from as Prathet=country, Goo=impolite (angry) form of I/me and Mee=has.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The very small men in charge are exceptionally thin skinned, have low self esteem, little self love, and like someone on the other side of the larger pond, hate being criticized, and want everyone to love them. Arresting this group would show them to be the despotic creeps that they really are.

Considering they've been banning, censoring, and blacklisting items from the arts and letters world [leading to arrests and self imposed exiles] forever - what makes anyone think they're gonna have a change of heart regarding these draconian policies...

• Like 2

Backfire on them, hardly, who are you people kidding ? The sheep will say nothing. What happened to all those student protests a couple of months ago that were going to demand this and that ? Kinda went quiet didnt they ? after a visit from those in charge. The shows over folks, get used to it.

• Sad 1

This is not the West. I think we have to see this from the Thai viewpoint of face. 

That wannabe tyran in the sand.  What would  he have done? So the pheu thai warning is  just their double standard coming in handy  for their political (= personal enrichment purpose-) purpose.

What did their red troup do to artists - not for what they said but only because they were on the other side.

Not apologizing the military government - just trying to see it from the right viewpoint. pheu thai and their master will stand against any government that is not them. Their interest is about money not about the people. If Thailand would have another government - it should not be pheu Thai.

Edited by sweatalot
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

I suspect there's almost zero chance they they won't arrest these guys. It will then backfire on them spectacularly.

More than likely, as they've created enough martyrdom situations than they can handle.

20 hours ago, baboon said:

Why would they want to pursue these rappers, given that the junta are supposed to be no more by the end of February?

This would be an excellent opportunity to create some unrest, which in return would give them a reason to cancel the elections.

You did not really believe that if there are elections, the junta will be no more, do you?

The word "junta" will disappear, still same people will rule the country. Same same but different

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

This would be an excellent opportunity to create some unrest, which in return would give them a reason to cancel the elections.

You did not really believe that if there are elections, the junta will be no more, do you?

The word "junta" will disappear, still same people will rule the country. Same same but different

You are saying pretty much the same thing as me. Yes, they want to stay on but drop the word junta. They want to legitimise themselves through an election process. What is really stupid of them is this threatening and menacing the public while asking for their support - how they can possibly think this strategy is a good one is beyond me...

1 hour ago, Bundooman said:

I  strongly recommend you take a look at the videos available regarding the 1973 Student uprising and the Thammasat Massacre in 1976

And what happened after this event ??? NOTHING !!! Stop kidding yourself that someone or some group is going to stand up and scream democracy or freedom. This stuff has been going on for decades and the thai people just sit back and watch it happen and it aint gonna change.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, baboon said:

What is really stupid of them is this threatening and menacing the public while asking for their support - how they can possibly think this strategy is a good one is beyond me...

Its work for many decades now, do you really think the thai people are going change their obedience to the powers that be because of a rap video ? Dream on.

8 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Yet, sadly, no one seems to recognize such recycling aspects.

Still slumbering within their self-guided ignorance.

Are you kidding me? There is no shortage of people rotting in prison in Thailand on political convictions on multi-year sentences under the CCA, section 112 or defamation charges, many of them, all of them unknown to you. This is not the West, these guys have put themselves right in the firing line. They have more courage in their little finger than you with your Western upbringing with its freedoms and white privilege could even begin to understand.
Nonsense. They will get 12 months if anything at all. It's risk reward and this level of fame will set them up nicely

You want abuse of human rights? Go check out Vietnam, makes thailand look like Disney land.

They achieved zip. Still nobody marching in protest

Wake up dude!

4 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

Nonsense. They will get 12 months if anything at all. It's risk reward and this level of fame will set them up nicely

You want abuse of human rights? Go check out Vietnam, makes thailand look like Disney land.

They achieved zip. Still nobody marching in protest

Wake up dude!

You really have no idea. Most of these trials are held in secret and unreported. The minimum sentence for section 112 is 3 years, minimum.

Vietnam also has repression of human rights. Nothing to do with this song.

Nobody marching in protest because it is illegal under the public assembly law propagated by this government.

I think you are the one who needs to educate himself. Years in prison for a song. Are you for real?

• Like 2

On 10/27/2018 at 1:12 PM, spidermike007 said:

The very small men in charge are exceptionally thin skinned, have low self esteem, little self love, and like someone on the other side of the larger pond, hate being criticized, and want everyone to love them. Arresting this group would show them to be the despotic creeps that they really are.

But would it be the fuse sufficient to wake the general population up ?

You really have no idea. Most of these trials are held in secret and unreported. The minimum sentence for section 112 is 3 years, minimum.

Vietnam also has repression of human rights. Nothing to do with this song.

Nobody marching in protest because it is illegal under the public assembly law propagated by this government.

I think you are the one who needs to educate himself. Years in prison for a song. Are you for real?
Never stopped people around the globe marching against oppressive regimes under threat of death and thousands died. So you think thais are special, that they exempt from marching ?

Your clueless. Thais know what they want and they have it.

Besides a extremely dumb move from these rappers. Would have been a million times more impact if the election was postponed in February and released it then . But their greed for fame and money clouded their judgment TIT! it's always always about the money

You live in the same thailand I do? Doubt it
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Esso49 said:

But would it be the fuse sufficient to wake the general population up ?

Whose to say that they're not awaken already. 

The false slumber is perhaps the manner in which they prefer. 

35 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

Never stopped people around the globe marching against oppressive regimes under threat of death and thousands died. So you think thais are special, that they exempt from marching ?

Your clueless. Thais know what they want and they have it.

Besides a extremely dumb move from these rappers. Would have been a million times more impact if the election was postponed in February and released it then . But their greed for fame and money clouded their judgment TIT! it's always always about the money

You live in the same thailand I do? Doubt it

Indeed.

Real experience and exposure to everyday might be the best learning tool.

Most that speak in this false [wannabe] knowledgeable manner usually aren't.

3 hours ago, blackhorse said:

Besides a extremely dumb move from these rappers. Would have been a million times more impact if the election was postponed in February and released it then .

What are you talking about? Elections have been promised and postponed for years now. 

The smear campaign kicks in, I see...