Gunman targeting Jews kills 11 in Pittsburgh synagogue

rooster59

6 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I blame the social media, with people spewing out crap about the Jewish conspiracy, Jews are running the banks, federal reserves, bringing immigrants into the country, Zionists are running the world and Jews are responsible for 9/11.

The easily influence believe all this crap and fake news and this shootings by some nut job is the result.  Also the nut job sending nail bombs and a lot more are the results from social media, especially facebook that is as dangerous as any deadly weapon.

Facebook should be shut down, it`s bad for society as a whole that destroys lives.

Really you blame social media? And the newspapers, tv, rock music (thats by the devil.) The truth is celebrities etc spouting hate influence weak minded people. SOCIAL MEDIA is not evil. Some people are evil and many people sadly are weak and easily duped  y twisted facts and and often fantasy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, neeray said:

This morning, after my shower, I turned the news on to catch a few minutes (of doom and gloom).

BREAKING NEWS told of a bomb scare in Buffalo, New York, USA. Duty was calling, I could not wait to hear the details.

Arriving home some 6 hours later, repeat, check the news to see what was happening in Buffalo.

But this time, BREAKING NEWS was about the synagogue massacre in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.

God Bless America.

God help America!

8 hours ago, wayned said:

Right, there has just been another mass shooting where 11 were killed with an assault rifle at a synagogue in Pittsburgh and the first thing Trump did was protect the NRA by stating that it probably wouldn't have happened if they had armed guards.  He then refused suggestions from his staff to cancel tonight's rally in Illinois and is going ahead with it saying that he couldn't disappoint all of those people.  Absolutely no empathy for anything or anybody.  The only places left in America that will be safe without armed guards will be the donut shops!

a fact albeit a sad or pathetic one, in a society where lawful gun ownership is routine there can be mentally unstable people that use them for the wrong reason. criminals can and will acquire guns illegally and be armed so if legal ownership is revoked and all the weapons seized from normal people, the criminals will have a big advantage. store owners armed with rifles sure seem to prevent looting post national disaster or riot.  nowadays crazies just drive a car or van into crowds of people. i have never owned a gun but can see how if used for self defense only can save innocent people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Horrible !

It is still Islamist terror that tops the list as the biggest threat, but white supremacist terror is fast catching up with it ! The various forms of it, some of them giving themselves 'cute' names like 'Identitarians' and 'Proud Boys', will prove to be more and more dangerous to humanity as time passes.

Have most people woken up to this reality ? I am afraid not !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, samran said:

Another day of ‘winning’ in America. 

I wonder why all these nut bags feel so empowered??

They know they are being backed up by the orange nut bag...
Luckily it is just happening in the usa...

Edited by JulesMad

10 hours ago, samran said:

Another day of ‘winning’ in America. 

I wonder why all these nut bags feel so empowered??

Self glorification empowered by the social media.

Not to forget gunloving Hollywood.

Edited by wabothai
addition

7 hours ago, mikebike said:

99% of FB users can use it responsibly. 99% of gun owners can use them responsibly. Do you really want to screw the 99% because of idiots? ...or would it be more rational to enact policy to restrict the 1%?

Well world travel has been completely screwed up for 99.9999% of people, for years, because of a small minority.

Terrorists, extremists and nutters have won. Everyone else has lost.

38 minutes ago, how241 said:

RIP  to the dead.  Whatever you feel about USA gun laws the reality is it is too late to effectively  do anything.  There are hundreds of thousand of guns and making tougher laws will only stop the law abiding people from owning guns to defend themselves. The barn door has been open for too long.

Cop out, many things can be done to start with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nausea said:

Not my country but I'm curious, do armed guards carry assault rifles. It seems to me that gun carry laws aren't the problem but assault rifles are. I certainly wouldn't want to carry a handgun to an assault rifle fight.

I would get into the tactical aspects but it is off topic.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, yougivemebaby said:

Non Americans love to share their wealth of brainwashing on gun laws in America. They have no idea what their ideas are because they blindly follow the propaganda media and are outraged just like they were told to be. Ask them facts or statistics about gun laws or mass shootings, and you will receive a blank stare. Then more outrage. 

You make a vague insinuation that facts and statistics support your view but make no effort to support your drivel.

Why am I not surprised.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, bendejo said:

Waiting for the pic of the shooter wearing the infamous red cap.

Yeah, DT said that if they had an armed guard...

As if it's their fault and they could have avoided this.

1/3 of the USA population working for the military. 1/3 being in prisons and 1/3 being police or guards. 

All the problem solved!

Hmm.. does that sound like a communist state? 

2 hours ago, Grusa said:

Well world travel has been completely screwed up for 99.9999% of people, for years, because of a small minority.

Terrorists, extremists and nutters have won. Everyone else has lost.

Very true statement. 

Edited by how241

23 minutes ago, how241 said:

Can you give a example of 1 or 2 of the MANY things that can be done ?  Thank you.

See any of the many threads about this. But e.g., ban on assault weapons, background check on all weapon sales, ban on devices to 'upgrade' weapons, etc.

36 minutes ago, stevenl said:

See any of the many threads about this. But e.g., ban on assault weapons, background check on all weapon sales, ban on devices to 'upgrade' weapons, etc.

This last shooter was background clean, as are many of the recent shooters. Guns can be bought on the street or stolen so background checks won't stop them. There are  many pistols that have a 14 capacity magazines.  Having 2-3 extra clips, which are small and easy to carry,  would still give the shooter 40-50 rounds.  More than enough for most of these types of incidents.  No easy answers to this problem. 

19 minutes ago, how241 said:

This last shooter was background clean, as are many of the recent shooters. Guns can be bought on the street or stolen so background checks won't stop them. There are  many pistols that have a 14 capacity magazines.  Having 2-3 extra clips, which are small and easy to carry,  would still give the shooter 40-50 rounds.  More than enough for most of these types of incidents.  No easy answers to this problem. 

You asked for suggestion, I gave some. Now you don't agree because you're defaistic, 'too late, nothing can be done'.

All suggestions given will prevent some weapon sales, so contribute to a solution. Your idea 'too late' for sure doesn't help.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, how241 said:

The last shooter, the last shooter, the last shooter.

When you can come back with the detailed memories of each mass shooting happening in the USA in the past 20 years, you are allowed to talk about the last shooter.

The people in more progressive parts of the world, which account about 90% of the world's population, can actually recall each mass shooting event in their countries for the past 20 years. Even in most of the Africa. 

It's technically easy to execute a mass shooting in every country. It's much more difficult for lesser intelligent people to execute a mass killing in the most of the world,  unlike in some parts of the world, like in the USA.

Keep on selling those magazines to the stupid people. We'll keep on reading about the mass killings taking place in USA on our news feeds. We'll also keep on not really caring of those incidents anymore. It's your game and your play. 

Here's a good way to respond to the Jew hating mass murderer -- welcoming refugees instead of demonizing them and falsely painting them as invaders (as "trump" continues to do to gin up his base for the midterms).

HIAS, immigrant aid group vilified by Pittsburgh gunman, vows to not back down

“We’ve been aware that there are people out there that despise HIAS and our mission of welcoming refugees to this country, as hard as it is to understand,” he said. “Its going to make us more aggressive and focused in speaking out against hate — hate directed at refugees, hate directed against Jews.”

https://www.jta.org/2018/10/28/news-opinion/united-states/hias-immigrant-aid-group-vilified-pittsburgh-gunman-vows-not-back

16 hours ago, mikebike said:

99% of FB users can use it responsibly. 99% of gun owners can use them responsibly. Do you really want to screw the 99% because of idiots? ...or would it be more rational to enact policy to restrict the 1%?

Facebook do seem to be able to detect and take off the items they find offensive, so they could if they wanted and would fund better technical solutions they could stop most of these people.