SURVEY: Assange -- boot or remain in Embassy?

Scott

SURVEY: Assange -- boot or remain in Embassy?  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There have been a few topics on Julian Assange and the Ecuadorian Embassy indicating they may end his asylum.   In your opinion, do you think it is time for him to be removed from the embassy?

Please feel free to leave a comment.

Further reading:

Assange does a great service exposing things, albiet with an anti US bias. But, he screwed up when he aided and abetted espionage with Bradley Manning. Whistleblowing is not a defense to espionage.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Assange does a great service exposing things, albiet with an anti US bias. But, he screwed up when he aided and abetted espionage with Bradley Manning. Whistleblowing is not a defense to espionage.

The crimes for which Assange shall be arrested and prosecuted relate to his part in the Russian interference in the 2016 US election.

• Haha 2

A troll post has been removed.

A post with altered quotes has also been removed.   Do not alter another members quote inside the quote box.

Scott

Edited by Scott

38 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well, while I personally would like to see him face the outside world, I respect the right of the Ecuadorian government to keep putting up with the house guest from hell for as long as they like! 

... And "Leaks" the cat.:whistling:

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

It was in 2010 that Assange claimed that America was passing a lot of information to wikileaks about Russia

At the same time the FSB threatened they would close wikileaks down

While I support exposing the powers that be who surpress and lie about stories that need a spotlight I do think that it's time to step out. Let us see if he was correct to fear the wrath of the American government for exposing their lies and deceit

48 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well, while I personally would like to see him face the outside world, I respect the right of the Ecuadorian government to keep putting up with the house guest from hell for as long as they like! 

They will, no doubt, give him the boot when the Ecuadorian Embassy officials starting asking for Asylum. ????

Who cares, but actually it would be rather amusing if the Americans did actually request his extradition, if and when he ever walks out of the Ecuadorian Embassy.  You can be sure he wouldn't get bail and the living conditions, in whatever jail he sits for many years whilst fighting extradition, would make the embassy look like the penthouse suite at the Ritz.  I believe that Babar Ahmad has the record for the longest time any person has been in a UK jail fighting extradition, over 8 years.  Maybe Assange could try to beat that? 

Well...let's hope that all the TV members aspiring for a 1984 like society have spewed their hatred against free speech...

Now guys, why not relax a bit a go for a walk in your jackboots?

Reading posts like those above frightens me because it shows how well the constant official brainwashing works, and by extension where we are heading to: full totalitarianism!

Assange is a dissident, like there have been in the past, notably in the former USSR. (members above would have probably applauded if said dissidents had been kept under lock forever)

Unfortunately for him, belonging to a vassal country, Assange has no meaningful citizenship...his fate depends on Washington, not Canberra.

Nobody seems surprised that when Assange is mentioned, it is always in connection with Great Britain, USA, Ecuador, and previously Sweden, but never ever with Australia!

Frightening indeed...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Well...let's hope that all the TV members aspiring for a 1984 like society have spewed their hatred against free speech...

Now guys, why not relax a bit a go for a walk in your jackboots?

Reading posts like those above frightens me because it shows how well the constant official brainwashing works, and by extension where we are heading to: full totalitarianism!

Assange is a dissident, like there have been in the past, notably in the former USSR. (members above would have probably applauded if said dissidents had been kept under lock forever)

Unfortunately for him, belonging to a vassal country, Assange has no meaningful citizenship...his fate depends on Washington, not Canberra.

Nobody seems surprised that when Assange is mentioned, it is always in connection with Great Britain, USA, Ecuador, and previously Sweden, but never ever with Australia!

Frightening indeed...

What a load. Anyone not seeing Assange as a hero aspires for a 1984-like society? Is hateful against free speech? And apparently, that's not enough, needs some Nazi reference to along with it. Needless to say, anyone not agreeing with you is brainwashed.

You're one "frightened" troll. That's for sure.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Credo said:

He definitely needs to be booted out of the Embassy.   Given his behavior towards his hosts, I'd be inclined to revoke his citizenship.  

Yes you can’t bite the hand that feeds you and expect to not be chastised.

As to the consensual sex and rape allegation, I think if you are in a position of power you need to think carefully about any relationship with those who are in less power or it can start to look like abuse. Plus if true taking his condom off without her knowing seems like a form of rape as she hadn’t consented?

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Possibly plenty!

got all the elements of intrigue!

Consensual sex, men fleeing womans allegations, justice, corruption, leaking classified information, international conspiracy. All affect us in some way?