Fox News: Democrats projected to win control of U.S. House

webfact

3 minutes ago, Nilats said:

You are entitled to your opinion - I don't care if your America becomes a one-party "Democracy" - knock yourselves out, have a go at it... I'm everybody can still be a friend like everybody is friends with China,  I'm concerned with the PR fallout against the West in general... and if your one party "democracy" actually spreads to other countries - this is what concerns me.

You do realize most of the rest of the West have parliamentary democracies with plenty of parties, right?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, attrayant said:

You haven't been paying attention.  He said some outright monstrous things during the primary.  He ran on the monster platform.

And those who support him believe the other side says monstrous things and runs on a monster platform. Depends on your point of view. If, in the view of anti Trump folks, Trump stands for nothing but evil, then the converse view is that those who oppose him also stand for nothing but evil. 

Where does that leave the middle with both sides screaming into an echo chamber? He who insults more wins?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, mikebike said:

You do realize most of the rest of the West have parliamentary democracies with plenty of parties, right?

In a democracy you are supposed to have a great variety of media that support different parties, movements etc... in America it appears almost all media supports the Democratic party... In China they also have one Party, one Media, one Congress and lots of conflicts of interests in that congress - America is not that far away from that system, given that almost all media is working for one party, if the President from the opposing party or members of congress of opposing party can bullied by the same media - then in effect it's almost the same as a one party system. And recently it appears the pro-democrat media have lost any objectivity they ever had. How is this not a concern to anybody?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Nilats said:

In a democracy you are supposed to have a great variety of media that support different parties, movements etc... in America it appears almost all media supports the Democratic party... In China they also have one Party, one Media, one Congress and lots of conflicts of interests in that congress - America is not that far away from that system, given that almost all media is working for one party, if the President from the opposing party or members of congress of opposing party can bullied by the same media - then in effect it's almost the same as a one party system. And recently it appears the pro-democrat media have lost any objectivity they ever had. How is this not a concern to anybody?

The only mainstream media that has an obvious agenda is Fox News.  And it's pro-Trump.  Everyone else pretty much reports it as they see it, even MSNBC.  When Trump is lying his ass off over and over again, how is the media supposed to report it? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

And those who support him believe the other side says monstrous things and runs on a monster platform. Depends on your point of view. If, in the view of anti Trump folks, Trump stands for nothing but evil, then the converse view is that those who oppose him also stand for nothing but evil. 

Where does that leave the middle with both sides screaming into an echo chamber? He who insults more wins?

Politics seems more partisan then in recent timeless!

• Haha 1

Some bickering posts and the replies have been removed.  Let's stay on topic and not get personal with our remarks.   

Another "trolling nonsense post" has been removed. 

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Edited by metisdead

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

And those who support him believe the other side says monstrous things and runs on a monster platform.

That's the problem - they believe things that were imagined, made up or just lied about.  What were the monstrous things like "grab 'em by the p***y" that came from Hillary?  

Depends on your point of view.

I'm talking about objectively true things.  Things we know happened or didn't happen.  Those things are not subject to my point of view.  Either Trump lied 4200+ times since he got elected or he didn't.  Yes, I have opinions about Trump, but those opinions are based on evidence like the number of lies he's told. I can have an opinion of him because of that fact, but the fact itself is not subject to opinion.

If, in the view of anti Trump folks, Trump stands for nothing but evil, then the converse view is that those who oppose him also stand for nothing but evil. 

If somebody is using the word "evil" then they are either being hyperbolically inflammatory or purple in their prose.  I prefer to use concrete, well-defined words that everybody knows the meaning of, like "liar" or "corrupt".  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, attrayant said:

That's the problem - they believe things that were imagined, made up or just lied about.  What were the monstrous things like "grab 'em by the p***y" that came from Hillary?  

Deplorables? Cleaning her Server with Windex? In my view, words like that that strike to the heart of the system are far worse than locker room talk. Wonder how many guys here have such "monstrous" statements. I have. I've been to Windmill in Pattaya too. 

44 minutes ago, attrayant said:

I'm talking about objectively true things.  Things we know happened or didn't happen.  Those things are not subject to my point of view.  Either Trump lied 4200+ times since he got elected or he didn't.  Yes, I have opinions about Trump, but those opinions are based on evidence like the number of lies he's told. I can have an opinion of him because of that fact, but the fact itself is not subject to opinion.

Please. Where do you get your figure of 4200 lies. You counted them all? How many are hyperbole? Shall we just go counting politician lies? How about broken campaign promises? I will move the Capital to Jerusalem. You can keep your Doctor and your plan. There are WMDs in Iraq. Those pesky NVs shot us up in the Gulf of Tonkin. There were only Yoga lessons on my server. I didn't have sex with that woman. I have big hands. 

48 minutes ago, attrayant said:

If somebody is using the word "evil" then they are either being hyperbolically inflammatory or purple in their prose.  I prefer to use concrete, well-defined words that everybody knows the meaning of, like "liar" or "corrupt".  

Or Monstrous?

Corruption. Clinton Foundation much? Funny how so many poor politicians go to Washington and come home rich. Yet remain the heros. Harry Reid? Maxine Waters?

18 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Latinos are very Catholic, Very. If it wasnt for the Latinos the US Catholic Church would be in trouble. It might be all Father O'malley in Boston and in the movies, but its Father Rodriquez in Houston, St. Louis, etc. That being said, you are correct, they are far more conservative. Thats why I was surprised that he didnt nominate the lady Catholic Judge for the Supreme Court (whose name I have forgot but she was from Notre Dame Law School), especially in light of the comments about Catholics made during her appeals Court confirmation hearing.

The other conservative community in my limited experience is Asian American (which is so diverse its hard to figure out). However, I can only go by the Hmong/Lao/Yao-Lu Mien community in Alaska, who are so personally right wing as to be scary. Ill never forget the old timer Lao-Hmong who still carries an old photo of himself holding up ears on a string to proudly show how many Viet Cong he killed. But they are a small community and probably vote for however their Clan Head tells them too. And Im sure that California has its own Asian political demographics. 

So you have no idea why Latinos might dislike Trump? Really?

• Like 2

So you have no idea why Latinos might dislike Trump? Really?
Yes they are strongly anti "trump" and so are Asians but Latino participation isn't what it should be. The demographics that are the most overwhelmingly anti "trump" are LGBT, African Americans, and Jews.

Before "trump" the republicans thought they could make large gains in Latino support but alas that didn't happen.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes they are strongly anti "trump" and so are Asians but Latino participation isn't what it should be. The demographics that are the most overwhelmingly anti "trump" are LGBT, African Americans, and Jews.

Before "trump" the republicans thought they could make large gains in Latino support but alas that didn't happen.

Agreed, but are you sure you should use the word "alas"?:whistling:

A couple of California districts (CA-39 and CA-45) previously leaning R are approaching toss-up; this could mean a +40.

Simply amazing, given the "headwind".

Senate

Dem: 48,293,889 votes (57.5%)
Rep:  34,313,064 votes (40.9%)

House

Dem: 53,632,689 votes (51.6%)

Rep:  45,520,058 votes (46.7%)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Polls dont necessarily show anything, especially where a vocal minority alleges that it speaks for a certain interest group. LGBT is a perfect example, where a vocal minority in NY or La purports to speak for those in Montana or Texas or Alaska, and where the vocal T community purports to speak for LG folks in Montana. Many Gay folks are just folks and not tied to the "community".

Both Latino and African American support for Trump has grown, but polls are inconclusive anyway.

33 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The "trump" fans love obviously biased right wing polls like Rasmussen.. Hypocrites is too polite a word for that.

What truly bizarre about his comment is that we have the results of actual elections to look at. We saw the surge of Latino votes in Texas and Arizona and how that shifted the vote. I'm sure statisticians will be able to tease out a very clear picture of how various groupings voted. Or I guess we could take the word of an anyonymous poster citing no independent sources.

Deplorables?

I am no fan of name-calling, but this is a good example of opinion which, as I said, everyone is allowed to have.  This does not rise anywhere close to the level of p-grabber, which is making light of sexual predation.

Cleaning her Server with Windex?

Never heard that one, and devoid of context it's pretty meaningless.

Please. Where do you get your figure of 4200 lies. You counted them all?

Are you really unaware of things called fact checkers?  Yes, Trump lies so much we've had to open up a clearinghouse to keep track of them all.

Clinton Foundation much? Funny how so many poor politicians go to Washington and come home rich. Yet remain the heros. Harry Reid? Maxine Waters?

The foundation is still being probed, and if anything comes of it then we will have something to talk about.  Until then you're just JAQing off (which is evident from the sheer number of question marks [ten!] in your post).

• Like 2

Polls dont necessarily show anything, especially where a vocal minority alleges that it speaks for a certain interest group. LGBT is a perfect example, where a vocal minority in NY or La purports to speak for those in Montana or Texas or Alaska, and where the vocal T community purports to speak for LG folks in Montana. Many Gay folks are just folks and not tied to the "community".

Both Latino and African American support for Trump has grown, but polls are inconclusive anyway.

Trump supporters are a minority. A vocal minority. And they claim to speak for the country, or rather, the "real" one.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Guess it depends how many Gay folks you know or are friends with.....

I think we're about to hear some more anecdotes about alleged friends. This time gay friends. And how they vote mostly Republican. On the other hand...

Record LGBT support for Democrats in midterms, NBC News Exit Poll shows

Democratic candidates enjoyed strong support from lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender voters nationwide on Tuesday, according to the NBC News Exit Poll. LGBT people made up 6 percent of the electorate in the midterms, and 82 percent of them cast their ballot for their district’s Democratic candidate for the House of Representatives, versus 17 percent for their district’s Republican House candidate. The exit poll also found LGBT voters supporting Democratic Senate and gubernatorial candidates in strong numbers.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/record-lgbt-support-democrats-midterms-nbc-news-exit-poll-shows-n934211 Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

No why would they ? 

"WhenMexico sends its people, they're not sending their best..."

https://www.newsday.com/news/nation/donald-trump-speech-debates-and-campaign-quotes-1.11206532

How Trump favored Texas over Puerto Rico

A POLITICO investigation shows a persistent double standard in the president’s handling of relief efforts for Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Maria.

Trump’s stripping of passports from some Texas Latinos, explained

https://www.vox.com/2018/8/30/17800410/trump-passport-birth-certificate-hispanic-denial-citizens

Edited by bristolboy

4 minutes ago, JCauto said:

That's surely wrong. Nyezhov just pointed out that he knows that Latinos and Asians love Republicans. I was surprised he didn't assert that women did too, if you're going to get it wrong, might as well go whole hog.

If Nyezhov gets around to looking up from inventing facts and making predictions that will turn out to be the opposite of what happens, he will observe that this document could well be titled "the impending death of the Republican Party". Demographically, the only group voting majority for the Republicans are White men, and, as per his fears, that group of voters is shrinking. Latinos, Asians, Blacks, Women, LGBTQ, Young People...all strongly polling for Democrats. What a surprise. Why is it that these people can't see Trump's greatness? Are they biologically incapable? Should they not be allowed to vote?

Keep the laughs coming Nyezhov, it brightens my day with my morning coffee. Seems you're getting rather destroyed on this thread, care to discuss Ayn Rand?

Here's a link to how white women shifted their vote in 2018. 

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/11/7/18064260/midterm-elections-turnout-women-trump-exit-polls

And if that isn't enough, I can always cite my anonymous 40 or so white women friends who, oddly enough, pretty much unanimously hold the same political opinions that I do. Maybe I should have gone with that and foregone the link?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, JCauto said:

That's surely wrong. Nyezhov just pointed out that he knows that Latinos and Asians love Republicans. I was surprised he didn't assert that women did too, if you're going to get it wrong, might as well go whole hog.

If Nyezhov gets around to looking up from inventing facts and making predictions that will turn out to be the opposite of what happens, he will observe that this document could well be titled "the impending death of the Republican Party". Demographically, the only group voting majority for the Republicans are White men, and, as per his fears, that group of voters is shrinking. Latinos, Asians, Blacks, Women, LGBTQ, Young People...all strongly polling for Democrats. What a surprise. Why is it that these people can't see Trump's greatness? Are they biologically incapable? Should they not be allowed to vote?

Keep the laughs coming Nyezhov, it brightens my day with my morning coffee. Seems you're getting rather destroyed on this thread, care to discuss Ayn Rand?

Destroyed? I entered the TVF Democrats-are-great-Republicans Suck echo chamber of my own free will and I am not in any argument to satisfy ego needs. As long as my portfolio is enough to keep me here (which it is, Thanks President Trump) and our business is booming (thanks again) Im a happy man.

But regardless, the impending demise of the Republican Party is sort of like "climate change", the horror will happen next year...wait, they year after that...hold on...2022...oh wait  it will happen thereafter. I recall reading articles year back portending doom and gloom for the Republicans.

That being said, todays liberal young person is tomorrows conservative as they leave the echo chambers and join real life. Politics is cyclical. While the Democrats crow about winning the House as a victory compared to  Leicester winning the Prem, they need to hold off spiking the ball (to mix metaphors) and keep in mind that the Repubs still control the Senate and are going to remake the Judiciary. As a result, sooner or later, they will have to LEGISLATE to get anything done, as their ability to enforce changes in social and economic policy will now be compromise positions instead of Judicial fiat.

Sooner or later the grand coalition that the Democrats have put together by offering a "chicken in every pot" to different interest groups is going to crash, simply because you cant offer something different to everybody and not expect someone to get pissed off. Its far easier to oppose then to govern, now they have their chance to introduce constructive legislation..I dont think they will get much done other than posturing while jockeying for position to run against Trump.

Im glad to see you think you and the others "destroyed" me in this thread. I always want folks to feel good and be happy, even those who dont share my views ????

PS: Forgot to mention, I think Aynn Rand is High School simplistic tripe, sort of a right wing nihilistic version of maybe Bakunin/Nechaev without the lack of hypocrisy. Regardless, right now I am reading St. Augustine, as well as Essed Beys early Biography of Stalin Portrait of a Revolutionary and Boris Souvarines "Stalin: Historic Overview of Bolshevism". Perhaps we need a thread on everybodys Philosophical weltanashauung.

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Like 1