True Online Contract

Hello Thailanders,

Im looking for some advice regarding my True Online contract.

Due to a change in circumstances I am leaving Thailand and heading back home to the UK next month. However, upon calling True I was informed that I had two “options”:

1) I find someone to “take over the contact” which actually means I find True a new customer who must sign up with them for 12 months; not the remaining few months of my term.

2) Pay a cancellation fee of 4,500B. My package is only 800B a month with 4 payments left.

Although these options are so hard to resist, I don’t fancy becoming a True salesman to get myself of the hook. As for the latter, I’m not in a position to pay that, in my opinion extortionate, cancellation fee.

Which leaves me with the obvious option of not paying anything and just going home, but what are the repercussions?

I’m not usually someone to skip the bill but when I signed the contract I had every intention of seeing it out but things out of my control changed, and I won’t be extorted for it.

I just have the following questions:

Is it going to have any effect on my landowner? (I’m sure they aren’t at all liable)

What are they able to do to me in England?

If I come back to Thailand in a few years is it going to flag up?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.