Why do folks seem so miserable here?

Nyezhov

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Everything is fine with me every day! ????

Unless I have an intestinal accident at Rush Hour on the Sky Train and the train gets stuck. Watch me complain then ????

i think it might be the passengers that would be complaining........ 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

And, if they do, the thread usually quickly drops like a rock....Down in flames......

You guys need to get out on your bikes more, or follow an entertaining sport like rugby league, if you want positive threads on TV.

Or build a boat.

Or basically find something that no-one else gives a monkeys' about, and you'll be left to yourself to be as positive as you like.

SC 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, swissie said:

Heaven no! Expats living in Tourist-Spots are very happy people, but they must look and act "grumpy".
A matter of survival and keeping it's sanity.

By grinning and clowning around like a 2 week tourist, they would have to answer the question "where you come from" 15 times a day and this 12 months per year. The nightmare of every expat.

By looking and acting "grumpy", they can reduce the "where you come from" to 2 per day. Only having to answer this question 730 times per year, which is manageable.

I insist. Expats in Tourist-Hubs are happy people. Despite their grumpy protective facial-expression they can't fool me. Sometimes a dreamy expression enters their far away eyes. That's when they realise, that they can enjoy this friendly mad-house for a third of the cost, compared to back home.
Cheers.

I employ the big frown used by Arnie in The terminator with the shades to avoid intrusions from the locals...once while sitting at a table at the street side terrace of my hotel on soi 6 in BKK I tried a mixture of Arnie and the menacing pimps and drug dealers from Taxi Driver with a hat pulled low and that really got the passerby goin' with their eyes as big as saucers and scooting by very quickly...

and then there is the enfeebled old man posture and when someone intrudes I stoop and protect my head and say 'please, I have cancer and not much longer to live...'...doesn't work all the time as once some sidewalk free lancer hit me with her handbag and said 'yeah, sure...'

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

I employ the big frown used by Arnie in The terminator with the shades to avoid intrusions from the locals...once while sitting at a table at the street side terrace of my hotel on soi 6 in BKK I tried a mixture of Arnie and the menacing pimps and drug dealers from Taxi Driver with a hat pulled low and that really got the passerby goin' with their eyes as big as saucers and scooting by very quickly...

and then there is the enfeebled old man posture and when someone intrudes I stoop and protect my head and say 'please, I have cancer and not much longer to live...'...doesn't work all the time as once some sidewalk free lancer hit me with her handbag and said 'yeah, sure...'

Soi 6 in BKK? Pattaya has a more relaxed athmosphere. Try it, you may like it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1