Clashing with Trump, U.S. government report says climate change will batter economy

rooster59

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I was reading a Politico article today that said Trump's national approval ratings have been bouncing between 40 and 45 percent pretty much ever since he got elected. I don't think he's ever made it above 50 percent in the independent, national approval ratings, and probably never will.

Still, the fact that 4 in 10 Americans right now still think Trump has done a good job as president is a pretty scary thought. If I were a psychologist, I'd diagnose a very bad case of national delusion and schizophrenia, the latter based on the vast divergence between most of what Trump stands for and what are supposed to be core American values.

Well it is depressing because someday (ASAP) 45 will go away but most his fans will still be out there, maybe ripe for "trump" 2.0. Yes, it could even get worse.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2018 at 12:00 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I was reading a Politico article today that said Trump's national approval ratings have been bouncing between 40 and 45 percent pretty much ever since he got elected. I don't think he's ever made it above 50 percent in the independent, national approval ratings, and probably never will.

Still, the fact that 4 in 10 Americans right now still think Trump has done a good job as president is a pretty scary thought. If I were a psychologist, I'd diagnose a very bad case of national delusion and schizophrenia, the latter based on the vast divergence between most of what Trump stands for and what are supposed to be core American values.

Keep in mind that there's a halo effect at work. When the economy posts strong numbers credit tends to go to whomever is the President. What's amazing is that even with those numbers he's still unpopular. Quite an achievement.

11 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Trump doesn't know anything.  Literally.  The press should refrain from asking complex questions like climate change, immigration policy, bilateral trade, military strategy, criminal justice, national debt, wildfires, how to buy cereal at the market....you know, those types of things.  All we're going to get are some incredibly stupid answers.  But then his answers are meant for his base...not a particularly bright group of people. 

Ahh come on. I think you're being a tad harsh. Even exaggerating a bit.

I think he might know how to buy cereal, even though he was a spoon fed child.

(Does KFC sell cereal?)

1 minute ago, neeray said:

Ahh come on. I think you're being a tad harsh. Even exaggerating a bit.

I think he might know how to buy cereal, even though he was a spoon fed child.

(Does KFC sell cereal?)

Exaggerating?  Please.  Unlike Trump supporters, I don't lie and I don't exaggerate.  As for the cereal crack....

[President Donald Trump expressed the extent of his knowledge on voter ID laws Wednesday when he said that buying a box of cereal requires identification.]

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-voter-id-cereal-grocery-store_us_5bec7b0ae4b0a2569fd13a0f

• Like 1