Four killed as car crashes into rear of truck in Chon Buri

rooster59

Four killed as car crashes into rear of truck in Chon Buri

By The Nation

46519937_2218483334851655_6315475613192814592_n.jpg

A driver and three passengers were killed when their car hit the rear of a truck in Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district early on Saturday, police said.

The accident happened at 2.30am on the Sattahip-bound Sukhumvit road in Tambon Bang Lamung of Bang Lamung district.

Rescuers spent more than half an hour using iron cutters to remove the victims from the wreckage of the car.

The three passengers were identified as Thongphet Pekon, 53, Chamras Phothibat, 51 and Charassaeng Wichachai, 45. The driver did not carry any ID card and has yet to be identified.

The truck driver, Prayad Khurasi, 60, said he was changing from the left to the right lanes to make a U-turn when his truck's rear was hit.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30359217

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-24

46525621_2218483388184983_5187408912529227776_n.jpg

46762865_2218483441518311_4543455944624832512_n.jpg

5 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Sir, i may be wrong, and please correct me if i am, but the main article did not mention any survivors, yet your video shows someone being rescued, even waving as they took them away. I also think this is a different vehicle to the one in the main picture, the front is fairly intact, where the other vehicle is hardly recognizable. :wai:

R.I.P. to yet another 4 casualties of Thai roads.

Oh man!

You are right, I mixed it up.

Will ask mod to remove.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Sir, i may be wrong, and please correct me if i am, but the main article did not mention any survivors, yet your video shows someone being rescued, even waving as they took them away. I also think this is a different vehicle to the one in the main picture, the front is fairly intact, where the other vehicle is hardly recognizable. :wai:

R.I.P. to yet another 4 casualties of Thai roads.

Well spotted.

There is nothing wrong with U-turns, we all use them from time to time, Its simply MINDLESS drivers who make turns with no concern for others on the road, and others who simply pay no attention to whats ahead of them.

We are always hearing of break failures, but the truth is, most times its too late to brake.

Sad for the innocents involved, R.I.P.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, damascase said:

Having their picture taken with the 4 bodies - I fail to understand that........

They are the first responders that have to remove the bloody & mangled bodies from the wreckage, they are sending a message, 'This is real and this is you if you drink drive & speed'  a picture is worth a 1000 words ... I think they would prefer to drink tea back at the station.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tailwagsdog said:

They are the first responders that have to remove the bloody & mangled bodies from the wreckage, they are sending a message, 'This is real and this is you if you drink drive & speed'  a picture is worth a 1000 words ... I think they would prefer to drink tea back at the station.

A better message might be to show the mangled bodies, don't you think.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Not enough information for a Right or wrong  discussion. RIP to the 4 Unlucky ones.

Why the morbid fascination with road accidents here? Every time there is one,dozens of posts about it and all saying the same thing, every time. It ain't that interesting. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Elkski said:

Are you saying you know the truck used turn signal to the right before wanting to make his left u turn? 

once had one of these furkers with a trailer  pull out on me with no warning and no reason, 3  am empty dual carriageway road, it wasnt nice!

9 hours ago, mok199 said:

Saddly these ''rear-enders'' are so common in this country,poor lighting , undue care and attention, drowsiness,following too close...this is the ''unforced error''style of collision...totally preventable.

and not forgetting scant regard for any imposed speed limit.