Ford to unveil Mustang

snoop1130

Ford to unveil Mustang

By The Nation

2018-ford-mustang-5-0-gt-premium-front-5ac6e6192dd42.jpg

Ford Presents Full Lineup and Offers Special Promotions at Thailand International Motor Expo 2018.

The newly launched Ford Ranger and Everest are being showcased on the Ford stand, along with the recently launched Mustang, at the 35th Thailand International Motor Expo from tomorrow (Thursday) until December 10 at Impact Challenger, Muang Thong Thani.

Ford is offering a number of special promotions during the Motor Expo and a digital consumer campaign for the Mustang.

Ford is showcasing the full lineup of its segment-defining and Ranger truck, including the high-performance Ranger Raptor and the Wildtrak.

The Mustang was launched in Thailand last month.

“The Ranger and Everest are continuing to drive our success in Thailand, and the Mustang has certainly added a lot of excitement to our lineup,” said Wichit Wongwattanakan, managing director of Ford Thailand. 

“We are offering a number of fantastic promotions throughout the Motor Expo dates, making it an even more attractive time to buy Ford.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30359461

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-28

In the West they do EVERYTHING to get people in small and/or electric cars to save the environment and what Thailand is doing this....a superslurper to drive in overcrowded Bangkok where smokers are banned everywhere for polluting the air. ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, fruitman said:

In the West they do EVERYTHING to get people in small and/or electric cars to save the environment and what Thailand is doing this....a superslurper to drive in overcrowded Bangkok where smokers are banned everywhere for polluting the air. ridiculous.

Ford is a Thai company ????

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

They've been making Mustangs for over 50 years and you can buy them anywhere in the west. They're practically a normal everyday car with a larger engine. The only thing different is the release in Thailand.  I would hardly call it a "superslurper"  in the mold of an actual supercar.

It's a bit hard to understand your rant. Are you suggesting any non electric cars should no longer be sold in Thailand, or just the ones to which you have given a label?

Are you are aware Thailand extends far beyond the borders of Bangkok?

Settle down and have a coffin nail.

What's the use of not using plastic bags anymore or ban people from smoking next to the entrance of buildings when cars like this are driving around in BKK??

It has no function at all to have a big engine like this one in Thailand...the roads are not good enough for it, it will cause accidents from speeding, produce bad air, ruin the roads from burnouts....it has no function at all except creating more damage to other people.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The west again at it's best!!! Remember Apple? Exxon? Mossanto?  Capitalism  --- that is how these so called Democratic countries work!!! Before they were colonists of countries where they took all the wealthor resources... minerals, timber, oil...etc. Now they make these stupid "Brand" name rubbish... Now the Chinese are playing their game so they are scared and trying to "Contain" them... well good luck as they/west say open market...

The Mustang Eco Boost  specs:  21mpg city/31mpg hwy/25 combined (MT). 310 Horsepower.  That is American specs and are quite good.  I don't know how to translate into Euro Specs.   I rented one on my trip to the US this summer and it was quite an impressive car, but not at the price they will sell for here.  Base price in the U.S. is just under $30,000. 

Edited by silverhawk_usa
edit spelling, typo
  • Like 1

Before I came to Thailand in Dec. 2008, I had a brand new V8 Mustang Convertible.  The 4th Mustang I had owned. I loved that car.  After having to sell it, and moving here permanently, I told my wife that if they ever brought Mustangs to Thailand, I was buying one. But for the prices they are asking, I could get a Benz or BMW, which would be a better car with less problems, and last twice as long.  So, no thanks. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fruitman said:

It's a small 2.3L eco-engine, not like the 4L to 7L in the original, now classic Mustangs...????

6 hours ago, pmh2009 said:

The west again at it's best!!! Remember Apple? Exxon? Mossanto?  Capitalism  --- that is how these so called Democratic countries work!!! Before they were colonists of countries where they took all the wealthor resources... minerals, timber, oil...etc. Now they make these stupid "Brand" name rubbish... Now the Chinese are playing their game so they are scared and trying to "Contain" them... well good luck as they/west say open market...

Is that you Karl Marx? Put the pipe down. I think you've had enough.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, fruitman said:

Yes, all parts are made in Thailand...

So its Thailands fault ???

The car is designed in the West, by a Western company...  it seems you have sought out any opportunity to 'slight' Thailand, in doing so have presenting an unbalanced level of bias for I'm quite certain this car is sold in the majority of other countries.

Your point may be more valid if your response was to a news article of Thailand banning electric vehicles.

Now... when all vehicles on the road (worlds roads) are electric - how is the Energy demand met? - without further developments its either hydrocarbon or Nuclear... renewables are nowhere near supporting this, not yet anyway.... Thus your rant, while seemingly PC and may look pretty on your facebook page read by a load of liberals lacks the realism.... especially when considering your rant is against a car which for all intent and purposes is a toned down and somewhat economical model.... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Before I came to Thailand in Dec. 2008, I had a brand new V8 Mustang Convertible.  The 4th Mustang I had owned. I loved that car.  After having to sell it, and moving here permanently, I told my wife that if they ever brought Mustangs to Thailand, I was buying one. But for the prices they are asking, I could get a Benz or BMW, which would be a better car with less problems, and last twice as long.  So, no thanks. 

The Mustang is over priced like many other imports in Thailand.  The Benz and BMW's up to the Mustang Ecoboost price range are small sedans or SUVs with 4 cylinder engines.  Nice cars but I would not count on them lasting longer or less problems.  The Benz SLC43 at 5M baht would appear better value in Thailand than the Mustang V8.  

• Like 2

There were two Mustangs at the Auto Expo today.  I was surprised this car drew the most interest at the show with people standing around waiting to sit in it.  I waited for the staff to do the periodic cleaning so I could get into position for a decent snap, had no such problem at McLaren, Lamborghini, or Rolls-Royce.

32231499478_04213c7d8c_o.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

These low riders will look great stuck next to the Lambos and Masaratti's in the flooded streets of Bangkok and Pattaya..........can't wait to see the first picture of one with water halfway up its low doors.

Why...?  ????

• Like 1

21 hours ago, silverhawk_usa said:

The Mustang Eco Boost  specs:  21mpg city/31mpg hwy/25 combined (MT). 310 Horsepower.  That is American specs and are quite good.  I don't know how to translate into Euro Specs.   I rented one on my trip to the US this summer and it was quite an impressive car, but not at the price they will sell for here.  Base price in the U.S. is just under $30,000. 

$30,000 or 1M Baht plus the 2.5+M Baht tax = 3.5M. And then there is VAT as well. Quite a windfall for the Government.