Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

21 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Small amounts against national accounts I agree, but much more significant as a percentage of the EU's own budget, which they want to increase further, of course.

That's right. The uk share in the eu budget is about 13%. The uk gives 0, 436% of their gdp (8.9 billion from 2040 billion) in the EU pot. The economic question is what use / influence has the 0.436% on the UK gdp in the amount of 2040 billion.

The damage of the haphazard Brexit is already many times higher. Div. Calculations showing that the UK has already gambled casually from 18 billion here. Plus the international losses due to the devaluation of the british pound. Much over 100 billion. Plus the cost of building the necessary additional bureaucracy (customs officers, border security), plus the threat of emigration of many taxpaying companies.

It is annoying, even after 2.5 years, again and again to read this same economic nonsense. Like the UK saves its EU contribution and is then better off.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

That's right. The uk share in the eu budget is about 13%. The uk gives 0, 436% of their gdp (8.9 billion from 2040 billion) in the EU pot. The economic question is what use / influence has the 0.436% on the UK gdp in the amount of 2040 billion.

The damage of the haphazard Brexit is already many times higher. Div. Calculations showing that the UK has already gambled casually from 18 billion here. Plus the international losses due to the devaluation of the british pound. Much over 100 billion. Plus the cost of building the necessary additional bureaucracy (customs officers, border security), plus the threat of emigration of many taxpaying companies.

It is annoying, even after 2.5 years, again and again to read this same economic nonsense. Like the UK saves its EU contribution and is then better off.

It is also annoying to see that, even after 2.5 years, most remainers still cannot acknowledge that the majority leave vote was not primarily due to economic reasons. 

31 minutes ago, nauseus said:

It is also annoying to see that, even after 2.5 years, most remainers still cannot acknowledge that the majority leave vote was not primarily due to economic reasons. 

And it's equally annoying to see that most leavers still cannot acknowledge that the majority leave vote was because at the time of the referendum, the public were assured there would not be a cost to leaving the EU, indeed we would all be better off. 

Their own (or made up) economic predictions are about all that Remainers can quote. Wether realistic or not makes no odds for them. They bought into Project Fear and will not acknowledge anything else.
They don’t care about the real probability of becoming a part of the EU superstate. They obviously don’t care about Theresa’s ‘agreement’ that would condemn us to becoming a vassal state. They quite like all the foreign imposed rules and regulations for some reason. EU commission and the ECJ is the Remainer preference to our 1000 years of developed laws and democracy.
That our net 9 bn contribution is wasted on EU pet projects or in net receiver countries is beyond their care too. This is even while we are still not yet clear of the age of Labour caused austerity.
Immigration? Well forget that is ever a problem. The extra 4m EU nationals have not caused any Remainers a problem, that they can see personally, so they don’t think it exists. Diversionary tactics to quote non-EU migrants from MENA and further away, then call objectors nasty names, has long been the trendy rallying call. Remainers generally don’t have to live cheek by jowl with this lot, so again don’t care. Remainers prefer to lie that gimmigrants are contributors to society.
They are so blinkered in their cult that they just don’t care about the big UK national picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 minutes ago, Loiner said:

They don’t care about the real probability of becoming a part of the EU superstate. They obviously don’t care about Theresa’s ‘agreement’ that would condemn us to becoming a vassal state. They quite like all the foreign imposed rules and regulations for some reason. EU commission and the ECJ is the Remainer preference to our 1000 years of developed laws and democracy.

So why should Scotland not want it's independence from Westminster then?

9 minutes ago, tebee said:

Because the majority voted to remain with the Union. Remember their once in a lifetime referendum, they chose to remain with the UK.

Why do you want Scotland to leave the Union?

It did, so in 2014 had its own referendum and decided to stay. 300 years obviously means something to the majority of Scots.

We, (including the Scots) had 40 odd years of the great common market con and decided to Leave.

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

Translation: The MOGG is on tonight! ????

Not at all. I have no problem with Mogg. Clearly an educated man, he is no moron. An evil bastard maybe, but no Moron.

Lets see if that lame Bruce girl can control the discussion. A poor choice by the BBC.

13 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Not at all. I have no problem with Mogg. Clearly an educated man, he is no moron. An evil bastard maybe, but no Moron.

Lets see if that lame Bruce girl can control the discussion. A poor choice by the BBC.

I hear John Humprys has ordered some bow ties... 

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Peanuts to someone like you who wouldn't get out of bed for less than 350 dollars a day but for many others, it is a lot and feel that we have paid far too much already for little benefit.

There you go again insulting people who voted leave.

It is a weak argument when you have to insult others. Whether it is munchkin, Numpty, Plebs or one of the other derogatory names you have used.

Correct, I've charged 1,000 USD per day in Thailand for years. 

As Tomacht8 explained, 0.4% is not much for the benefits gained. Mind you, if you don't understand the benefits it probably looks expensive.

What would you suggest as a collective noun for that large sub group of Brexiters who act in a moronic way, have low levels of education, are poorly informed, exhibit weak cognitive ability, are prepared to suffer self harm in pursuit of an intangible goal that they are unable to explain and are, in general, rather stupid? You don't like low level munchkins? I agreed not to use the N word (which I thought was rather sweet), morons sounds harsh. I think Epsilons is good because it encapsulates it all in a single word and most Epsilons won't understand the reference. I can't just say Brexiters because that term is not adequate. For example JRM and Boris are clearly not Epsilons. It's a Venn diagram I guess. 

32 minutes ago, vogie said:

Because the majority voted to remain with the Union. Remember their once in a lifetime referendum, they chose to remain with the UK.

31 minutes ago, Loiner said:

It did, so in 2014 had its own referendum and decided to stay. 300 years obviously means something to the majority of Scots.

We, (including the Scots) had 40 odd years of the great common market con and decided to Leave.

So all referendums should be binding on future generations then. What if the people views change ?

36 minutes ago, vogie said:

England leaving the EU.

30 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Instead of deflection, why not explain why Remainers didn’t even care about the Leavers reason.

But this is relevant.

We have already agreed there is no economic case for Brexit.

So I ask for alternative reasons .

You suggest independence.

I point out the the UK is not one homogeneous whole 

So why should various parts of it not want their own laws to suit their local conditions ?

Like Scotland ?

indeed why should not Manchester make up it's own laws .

Keep all those scruffs from Bury coming here taking our jobs ?

42 minutes ago, vogie said:

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

England leaving the EU.

Indeed, remember 

Scots voted overwhelmingly to stay in the EU

In the independence referendum one reason give for not having independence was that Scotland would lose it's EU membership.

So why do you wonder why they now feel cheated ?  

7 minutes ago, tebee said:

Indeed, remember 

Scots voted overwhelmingly to stay in the EU

In the independence referendum one reason give for not having independence was that Scotland would lose it's EU membership.

So why do you wonder why they now feel cheated ?  

Scotland was part of the UK that decided to exit from the EU, the referendum was based on how the whole UK voted, sorry tebee, but those were the rules. 

I don't believe you voted, but you "feel cheated" also. 

But this is relevant.

We have already agreed there is no economic case for Brexit.

So I ask for alternative reasons .

You suggest independence.

I point out the the UK is not one homogeneous whole 

So why should various parts of it not want their own laws to suit their local conditions ?

Like Scotland ?

indeed why should not Manchester make up it's own laws .

Keep all those scruffs from Bury coming here taking our jobs ?

The question was why Remainers don’t care enough about the issues, that Leavers felt strongly enough about to vote for Brexit.

44 minutes ago, Grouse said:

As Tomacht8 explained, 0.4% is not much for the benefits gained. Mind you, if you don't understand the benefits it probably looks expensive.

What would you suggest as a collective noun for that large sub group of Brexiters who act in a moronic way, have low levels of education, are poorly informed, exhibit weak cognitive ability, are prepared to suffer self harm in pursuit of an intangible goal that they are unable to explain and are, in general, rather stupid? You don't like low level munchkins? I agreed not to use the N word (which I thought was rather sweet), morons sounds harsh. I think Epsilons is good because it encapsulates it all in a single word and most Epsilons won't understand the reference. I can't just say Brexiters because that term is not adequate. For example JRM and Boris are clearly not Epsilons. It's a Venn diagram I guess. 

Grouse you so often come across as a right snob and ridicule the very people who you seem to be. As a Yorkshire man I would have thought that seen as an outsider from London you would have had a little bit more heart for the working class man, who as we know voted for the leave campaign. Primarily as this affects them at grass root levels. Unless you are one of those landowners who look down at the working man, as you have done well for yourself.????

You say self harm. Well the likes of Sunderland, the fishing communities and industries and farming that have been eroded for years and they feel like they have had 44 years of self harm in the ECE and now EU.  So I applaud them for having the courage to want to leave and have the strength to take whatever happens.

I would like to know from remainers the lie the UK was sold getting into the ECE and the subsequent treaties like the Lisbon and Maastricht treaty. Shouldn't that be addressed, the big lie. Or is it something that seems to be forgotten.

The people haven't forgotten and voted out.

Grouse you so often come across as a right snob and ridicule the very people who you seem to be. As a Yorkshire man I would have thought that seen...

As a Yorkshire man, I can confirm we have more than our fair share of snobs and right knobs. A bit of edjumacation is not always a good thing for a village lad.
Working Class Heroes easily turn into Hyacinth Buckets. Yon has his head so far up himself that he can’t see that.

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

So true! Had they left the union as a common trade area...….no problems.

The problem is Leavers don't want the Napoleonic version of one people, one law, one court, one ruler, one currency now, and didn't want it in 1805 either.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Grouse, you have the mindset of the EU government,

uncaring, aloof, pseudo aristocratic, looking down on,

and sneering at the poor. The EU will not survive with

that attitude. Already, we see signs of unrest..long may

it continue.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

So it is worse to be stupid than evil?

45 minutes ago, Loiner said:

As a Yorkshire man, I can confirm we have more than our fair share of snobs and right knobs. A bit of edjumacation is not always a good thing for a village lad.
Working Class Heroes easily turn into Hyacinth Buckets. Yon has his head so far up himself that he can’t see that.

As another Yorkshire man, I would just like to confirm the above.

Thankfully the majority are proper Yorkshire.

As shown in this recent poll carried out in God’s country.

64EB271B-7713-46F2-9CE8-6D9309883457.jpeg

21 hours ago, evadgib said:

Not in my lifetime (& i have quite a few miles left on the clock!????

More chance of scotland leaving the UK than another country leaving the EU...and the brexit you want would make it a certainty..even half a brexit will make it a real possibility.

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

Grouse, you have the mindset of the EU government,

uncaring, aloof, pseudo aristocratic, looking down on,

and sneering at the poor. The EU will not survive with

that attitude. Already, we see signs of unrest..long may

it continue.

The poor in the UK are well looked after,alcoholics daily alliwance used to be £17.00 per day last i heard,7-8 years ago,many also get brand new houses i will post a picture of a example when i get back home..iam sure the EU wouldnt dream of giving such luxuries to these lazy scumbags.no wonder they risk all to get here

8 minutes ago, bomber said:

The poor in the UK are well looked after,alcoholics daily alliwance used to be £17.00 per day last i heard,7-8 years ago,many also get brand new houses i will post a picture of a example when i get back home..iam sure the EU wouldnt dream of giving such luxuries to these lazy scumbags.no wonder they risk all to get here

If that was true, i'd be be very tempted to become an alcoholic and return to the UK.....

Archived