Need A New Scooter

Stevie H

I had Honda Super Cub before, it's practically 98% a Honda Dream but with different color schemes and a Super Cub badge.

nice bike if you are used to slow bikes.

but for me coming from a 150cc Yamaha Exciter after a Honda CB500F (and before a Honda Wave 125i) then the Super Cub was mostly boring and I sold it because I felt like I would end up dead just expecting it to cross the street faster than it could and getting run over, lol

if you can find a nice second hand PCX for that price, that is a good buy too. they are a bit bulky but nice

• Like 2

I've ridden a Honda Sonic 125cc for the past 13 years, 20k on the clock. Very reliable, but a bit heavy and on the small side. Good in traffic though, very narrow handlebars.

Something a bit more exciting? The Yamaha MT03 has caught my attention, but it is almost 200k. Then there is a (Yamaha) MT-SLAZ which has similar styling but smaller 150cc engine, not sure of pricing but riding position looks good. Bit boy racer looking, so there is that...????

Edited by ParadiseLost
Found price of MT-SLAZ, 80-90k so out of your range (new).

I've ridden a Honda Sonic 125cc for the past 13 years, 20k on the clock. Very reliable, but a bit heavy and on the small side. Good in traffic though, very narrow handlebars.

Something a bit more exciting? The Yamaha MT03 has caught my attention, but it is almost 200k. Then there is a (Yamaha) MT-SLAZ which has similar styling but smaller 150cc engine, not sure of pricing but riding position looks good. Bit boy racer looking, so there is that...????

MT03 yes, M-Slaz no. my ex got an M-Slaz after she went to buy I think an Aerox to replace her PCX and I don't like it at all.

Might as well get a Yamaha Exciter instead of the M-Slaz unless you just like the looks

isn't the Sonic the ones that all the kids were modifying for racing

• Like 1

MT03 yes, M-Slaz no. my ex got an M-Slaz after she went to buy I think an Aerox to replace her PCX and I don't like it at all.

Might as well get a Yamaha Exciter instead of the M-Slaz unless you just like the looks

isn't the Sonic the ones that all the kids were modifying for racing

Just seen Yamaha has introduced a MT-15 which is also about 90k so again just out of OPs range new. I will be on the lookout for a used black one of these for sure.

image.png.a9e028723840db25f89322d3fcdd7afa.png

When I bought the Sonic it was the only bike with a clutch. Still today I can't fathom why automatic bikes became so popular. Mine is standard, most around here have been modded. Good bike, but old now.

image.jpeg.40d84305bfd109147b54252cb660dbcd.jpeg

Edited by ParadiseLost
  • Like 1

MT-15 looks great, but with the exception of price I'm not sure why someone would get one when the MT-03... or perhaps price is the only reason? as there isn't a lot of difference in weight & size for city riding etc but the MT-03 has more usable grunt. 

I guess the key thing for a city bike is storage and ability to split traffic making scooters (with storage) the bike of choice... but they are rather boring if you want to enjoy a ride away from the city streets. 

That K-Speed Super-Cub looks great, I've been eyeing it up for a while, but can't really justify a 'cool looking' scooter when I have a G310GS and a 155cc Yamaha Tricity (which is up for sale)... 

There are about 5 or 6 bikes I'd like in my garage... I could really upset the wife !

• Like 1

Forget Honda; Yamaha, all the way.

Exactly this. Yamaha has excellent scooters and they average about 8-10k baht cheaper than the Honda. Its a scooter. No need to over think it. It aint a hotrod. Ive had exclusively Yamaha super bikes in the USA, and Yamaha scooters in Thailand since day one. 

125cc automatic and within your price range. IMO The best deal around: The GT 125 at around 45-47k baht.

https://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/commuter/gt125-coc-2018/overview

https://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/commuter/gt125/overview

Yamaha website:

https://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/commuter/model

Edited by UncleTouchyFingers

On 12/4/2018 at 3:14 PM, alx123 said:

guy's asking for a scooter suggestion and people are suggesting and MT03 or Mslaz????

Careful you don't trip up in your rush to take a stab...

If you can, read the comment again regarding the MT03 - I said it caught my attention. My recommendation was a Supercub, the rest is discourse, something you seem incapable of. 

And as for the M-SLAZ, well a 2nd hand one of those would be a far more attractive option to me than any scooter. Perhaps the OP has not even considered riding a real motorcycle.

It would pay you well to read something and actually apply some thought, before showboating for your entertainment when everyone else here is quite happy to just talk about bikes...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ParadiseLost said:

And as for the M-SLAZ, well a 2nd hand one of those would be a far more attractive option to me than any scooter. Perhaps the OP has not even considered riding a real motorcycle.

Used MSlaz cost ~B60K + up.

/////////////

OP: just get a 110 Wave with alloy wheels, ~45KB

125 Wave be better, but B50K+.

Nothing holds value better.

39 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I really like my Honda Click 125i. Brand new last years model for 40k - 50k, New models are about 52k

According to above website,

Click is most popular bike here.

& it's cool how Thais pronounce it:

'Crick'

5 5

18 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
23 minutes ago, papa al said:
According to above website,
Click is most popular bike here.
& it's cool how Thais pronounce it:
'Crick'
5 5

If that's correct I'm surprised they pronounce it like that as they aren't good with r's

Rs are pronounced as L,

and vicevera.

[L sometimes goes to N.]

No one knows why.

papa has talked to university language lecturers about it.

???!

18 hours ago, papa al said:

[L sometimes goes to N.]

No one knows why.

L ( Lor Ling) turns to N sound at the end of Thai words.

R and L is just that they can't roll their tongue to produce the sound in correct order 

so  maybe they could say  "Ror Ruea"   but can't say "Rabert" ( explode)  comes out as "Labert"

• Like 1