The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

52 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Did you get to watch it Jelly? Never had it on here. Probably the first City game they haven't shown in about a year

Yeah, getting the Carabooboo games is hit and miss here, but this one was on. The youngsters looked good for the most part. Foden was the MOTM for me, with some sublime passes and the winning goal.

FWIW there have been no sightings of Otamendi I can remember. You have to wonder if he's going to be moved. Of course we were saying the same last season at this time.

I think one of the reasons I always get City on TV here is the Argentina connection, but there are less Argentines with City than was once the case. I do worry that if/when Aguero leaves I'll be in trouble.

• Like 1

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

Wasn't a great game, i was watching a stream on my phone with no soundtrack which didn't help, and the only player who really stood out was Foden. He's started the season well; hope he starts vs Leicester at the weekend.

Why's nobody bought David Brooks yet?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Wasn't a great game, i was watching a stream on my phone with no soundtrack which didn't help, and the only player who really stood out was Foden. He's started the season well; hope he starts vs Leicester at the weekend.

Why's nobody bought David Brooks yet?

I read they were asking ridiculous money for him as he is on a long term contract but I am sure he could be tempted away. 

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah but for some reason it was on BEin 4 or something. It was one of those that isn't on our compound system. Had LIverpool on 2 channels though!!!

Popular ain't we????...................Yep I saw it was on beIN4. Pain in the butt when that happens!

Pep says we have only 13 fit senior players but I reckon it's 15, nevertheless we're a bit short in certain positions like RB (1), no forwards but 3 wingers. A difficult start to the season.

Ederson

Steffen

Walker

Stones 

Garcia

Otamendi

Ake

Mendy

Fernandinho 

Rodri

KdB

Foden

Sterling 

Mahrez 

Torres

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Considering the kind of penalties for crime in your part of the world (assuming you still live there), is there much risk attached to living outside a secure residence?

Nah, not nowadays. BangrakBob could enlighten you more on that one though. It's just nicer and many people want to come an enjoy our facilities. 15 outdoor swimming pools with one of them being the largest in the country. Supermarket, restaurants, gyms etc etc

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Nah, not nowadays. BangrakBob could enlighten you more on that one though. It's just nicer and many people want to come an enjoy our facilities. 15 outdoor swimming pools with one of them being the largest in the country. Supermarket, restaurants, gyms etc etc

Agreed, depending what part of town you lived in though. Some areas would be questionable to house a Western family. I would never have risked it. 

We only ever lived in a compound. https://albustanvillage.com/Default.aspx

Incredible facilities, pools, spa, indoor football pitches, basketball, cinema, restaurants, hotel, supermarket, gardens. Villas were top notch. The level of security was mind boggling also.  Some decent moonshine, the real stuff was expensive but you could get it. 

We moved around between Dubai, Muscat, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Doha, Maldives and the least enjoyable experience was Saudi Arabia, and the best Oman. Omani Arabs are the nicest in the region, but all of them will <deleted> you in a heart beat if it came down to their best interests. 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

We only ever lived in a compound. https://albustanvillage.com/Default.aspx

Incredible facilities, pools, spa, indoor football pitches, basketball, cinema, restaurants, hotel, supermarket, gardens. Villas were top notch. The level of security was mind boggling also.  Some decent moonshine, the real stuff was expensive but you could get it. 

Looking at that place bud, I'm surprised you moved to the outback! I'd have retired there!????

• Haha 1

Delighted to see Guardiola put Geoff Shreeves in his place pre match. You know it's going to be another inane, pointless question from Shreeves when it starts "How important is it.....? Someone must realise at Sky Sports he's an embarrassment?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Delighted to see Guardiola put Geoff Shreeves in his place pre match. You know it's going to be another inane, pointless question from Shreeves when it starts "How important is it.....? Someone must realise at Sky Sports he's an embarrassment?

What happened... What was the question and what was his answer?

Bit pessimistic there guys. I wouldn't use the word battered, freaky yes but not battered. 3 penalties is very unusual and tbh, I think  one or two of them were very soft. Saw the same yesterday on one of them not given. 

We dominated possession again but when you are missing your best finishers and have to bring on a 17 year old striker to try and get you back in it tells the story of how thin we are due to injuries. Think we only have 13 senior players fit.

I'm not gonna believe that result defines our season and any team who thinks that's us done will do so at their peril.

2 hours ago, singasong said:

Pep out, Poch in !  had his day i'm afraid, squad no longer good enough and cannot keep blaming injuries with the amount we have spent over recent years.

As much I enjoy a City loss, it was a freak match, City were undone by a lack discipline, misfortune even. 

Not an easy game to get back on track, Leeds away. 

Edited by BangrakBob

3 hours ago, singasong said:

Pep out, Poch in !  had his day i'm afraid, squad no longer good enough and cannot keep blaming injuries with the amount we have spent over recent years.

How quickly people forget! Not sure if you are a blue (think you are not) but since the Lyon game there are idiots on social media ranting on about Pep out. Bit premature I'd say. The only way I'd join in that is if Pep has told management that he has no intention of extending his contract, then I'd say if someone decent was available to bring in now then it might be worth biting the bullet and bring in a new manager (why wait till next close season?). I'm not convinced about Poch, and I could see that when Pep moves on we appoint from within or someone who's been through the club and knows it well like Arteta, Viera, etc.

I'm not sure if we can catch up Liverpool this season but once we bring in Dias and get the injured / sick back I think we'll be a lot better.

Two things Pep has to sort out urgently (assuming we get a RCB in this week):

1. Teams (bar some top 6 clubs) have learnt that the best way to play City is 5-4-1, soak up pressure and hit on the break with fast runners (Wolves, Leicester and others have used this effectively), and we just don't seem able to break them down. Need a new plan Pep.

2. Find a decent LB. Ask any City fan who was our last decent LB and some like me will go all the way back to Willie Donachie. Mendy came with a big reputation, got injured almost straight away, and while fit now has lost his pace he relied on. He's not the answer or Zinchenko. Cancelo finished the season well at LB, is injured now but deserves another chance but is unlikely to be the answer. At the moment I'd play Ake there presuming Laporte is fit. But we need to sort this <deleted> out that's gone on since Clichy and Kolorov were moved out.

Next up Burnley in Caraboa on Wednesday...if you are fit you play.

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

As much I enjoy a City loss, it was a freak match, City were undone by a lack discipline, misfortune even. 

Not an easy game to get back on track, Leeds away. 

Nowhere in that assessment have you acknowledged that Leicester are a damn good side.